Gann mtf system - page 2

Here is my trade for today. Same trade for AU since setup happened at same time.

Files:
t1_1.gif  47 kb

Files:
screen_2.gif  51 kb

Hi Simba,

Ok my bad, I have been using Mladens "Gann High-Low activtor histo.mq4" and not the indicator that James posted.

Will apply the SSL_Fast_Bar indicator.

Cheers

Codex

Hi Simba,

Ok I see now.

Question: (Assume 1H Timeframe is used for chart)

Top SSL Bar is 1H and lb=12

Bottom SSL Bar is 4H and lb=6

Would this combination be considered an entry for a short ?

or would this be the only condition to enter the short?

Cheers

Codex

Files:
image2.jpg  13 kb
image1.jpg  16 kb

Hi Simba,

I apologize if I have offended you. This was not intention. I posted just the SSL_bar pictures as a I wanted to focus on those to gain clarity. You concept of a Contrary Filter really excited me. It was a very stupid mistake on my part for not post the full chart.

Once again I am truly sorry if I have offended you. I do not have an agenda.

I will humble bow out and remove myself from this thread so as not cause anymore problems. This is a great concept and I would not like to see it destroyed or have people stop following because of something I have said. Once again I am sincerely sorry.

Cheers

Codex.

Update

Update of my previous post.

1-There was not a third blue dot,so,no entry....see pic

2-Entering on the first dot would have lead to TP within the next h1 bar,so,waiting for the third dot,missed a profitable entry.

3-The comparative analysis between EUR and CHF spared us a bad trade(long EURUSD)

As I wrote in another post,simpler is better,so,I should have listened to myself

S

Files:
screen_3.gif  48 kb

James the Giant:
Here is my trade for today. Same trade for AU since setup happened at same time.

Hi James,

I like the idea of using higher TF indicators on a 15/30min chart...

I applied the ssl 240 tf to the 15min chart and I could have sworn it rewrote about 5 bars back.

Have you seen this happen before?

All the best

Xard777

Hello Xard777,

You are correct. SSL_fast_bar_mtf does unfortunately repaint. Mladen was kind enough to provide an update to this. The new name, or the correct name for this indicator is actually a "Gann High Low Activator". He also provided the community with a histo and a chart version. The indicator can be found here

in the elite section. (He also created the MT5 versions of these too )

Cheers

Codex