Gann mtf system - page 5

SIMBA:
I use an indicator codeveloped among a group of traders,which is obviously proprietary,but you can replicate similar findings by using either Cycle period ,posted here by altoronto,or,in case you have access to the Elite section by using the Corona charts by Igorad which may be more precise but heavier on cpu....

I suggest that you start by h4 and then try to confirm the findings at lower timeframes.

S

And how well do you perform with cyclic trading?

altoronto:
by CyclePeriod indicator.

Interesting cycle period. I am testing it out and just added Gann to a period half of the cycle period. Will see how it works out when trading in the direction of trend.

Have Gann at period 13 now since Daily cycle is 25 and is the dominant cycle.

Files:
t2_5.gif  42 kb

Latest trade, taking shorts only and halved Gann activator in accordance with the level of the cycle indicator.

Files:
t2_6.gif  38 kb

James the Giant:
Latest trade, taking shorts only and halved Gann activator in accordance with the level of the cycle indicator.

sweet........

There is a lot to test out with this strategy, but it will sure be interesting.

James the Giant:
There is a lot to test out with this strategy, but it will sure be interesting.

I like the idea...check my thread "anticipation"...and look for the great white:)...in addition to what you are trying to achieve...

Looks like an interesting thread Pava. You should add live examples of Shark patterns.

I have been using this strategy to determine moves in various pairs and it seems very accurate but is hard to tell because I have to manually change the Gann MA according the to changing cycle period petty often. I moved it up to the 4 hr time frame so the cycle period doesn't change alot, and it has made it better. I was hoping someone could code into the Gann MA the ability to change its lb according to half of the cycle period. I think this would make a great flexible EA and manual trading addition to be used as a potential system or strong confirmation.

Bump,

altoronto:
Any NRP MTF indicator will redraw itself on lower TF, so let say you have 1HR MTF indicator on 15min TF chart it will redraw itself last 4 bars on 15min TF.

What if we run the code like this...

switch ( Period() )

{

case 1: Lb = Lb*240;break;

case 5: Lb = Lb*48;break;

case 15: Lb = Lb*16;break;

case 30: Lb = Lb*8;break;

case 60: Lb = Lb*4;break;

case 240: Lb = Lb*1;break;

default: Lb = Lb;break;

}

All the best