Digital ACSTrend - page 37

Problem with MESA

Not only that happens but on different MT4 you can obtain different results.

I have been asked in a private message the same question about MESA problems "What can I do?". And my answer is: Cross the fingers. LOL.

However the best use I see is to take the signal when you have a low fractal dimension. When you have a high fractal dimension the chances are against you to take any directional signal.

In fact I think that this is the heart of everything I wanted to share and to have a feed - back on this thread about the use of the system.

Hi John,

been using your SSA Bands EP this weekend.

I have noticed a surge since January of TMA based systems - I have been working with the EP mod you made... I think its better...

I have played with TMA True....

Im just using a simple method of buying when price is below the lower line, selling above...

anyone care to join my quest?

francisfinley

francisfinley:

Im just using a simple method of buying when price is below the lower line, selling above...

anyone care to join my quest?

when you say buy below and sell above..... which indicator are you using?

In this attachment, the solid lines are the SSA Bands EP.

and the dashed lines are the TMA.

It seems price hugs these lines and does not often fall outside the lines.

I'm using the default property settings.

Files:

michaelB:
when you say buy below and sell above..... which indicator are you using?

In this attachment, the solid lines are the SSA Bands EP.

and the dashed lines are the TMA.

It seems price hugs these lines and does not often fall outside the lines.

I'm using the default property settings.

i have looked at

TMA - repaints

TMA True

SSA Bands EP

SSA Bands Multiplier - repaints

Triangular moving average (bands) slightly different to TMA i believe

There are plenty of other bands/channels..

you can achieve the same with using bollinger (MA's) for TMA i have 2 on my other machine i can post here.. but since were going for ssa (keeping in line with the thread)....

SSA Bands Multiplier are my favourite on manual but they repaint like mad when i run them via EA - no idea/control whats going on... drives me insane the repainting and recalculating arguments - i just want it to work.

So it has to be SSA Bands EP - will post settings on the EA soon. Ive used a simple open[0] > open [1] for a buy if Low[1]<SSA Bands EP .....

monday morning ramblings.. eugh

John Last:
I was able to adapt another code. However I am not still able to make multi-time frame with 4 colors. This mod really need that.

However this mod is with bars not with line. I think that this is not only nice looking but useful. In fact I did an adaptation of every 10 bars. In the original settings the adaptation is default set to every 100 bars.

IMHO this is not enough. We have to adapt constantly.

So there is a parameter which will rectify the distortions, as they occur with the adaptation. With the bars as we have bars we are visually OK with the distortions no need for misleading rectification.

I used this intermediate code to insert into ready 4 colors multi - frame so that would save a lot of work. Need a little help.

Hi John,

Try this version, still takes awhile before it appears on the chart, but think thats because it is using different indicators and libraries.

mrtools

mrtools:
Hi John, Try this version, still takes awhile before it appears on the chart, but think thats because it is using different indicators and libraries.

Thanks for the Great support

Much appriciated

my bad...solved the problem

Mladen

mladen:
:)

Some will tell that they knew it ...

Anyway, in this thread things were repeatedly compared to work done in elite and advanced elite section and repeatedly it was used as an argument for some things known only to author itself.

I am not going argue anything of the posted anywhere about these things nor am I going to prove or disapprove statements from this thread (although I would love to hear an explanation of why would a change of used price change calculation speed, but not even that is interesting). I am actually going to post 2 indicators here that are going to show the kind of things that are supposedly not open source - here is one definition of open source : Open source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And since the code posted in elite and advanced elite section are sources, they are by all definitions an open source. I am posting these here to show what is a difference between what is named an "open source" and what is posted in the elite section.

The fact that something is not posted in public sections is another fact and was discussed numerous times and it all ends up in ones right to do with his/her own work what he/she wishes. Trying to prove that one does not have a right to do it (so to do with his/hers own work what he/she wishes) and to post that where he/she wishes is out of any reason and hence meaningless.

About the indis - these are causal(non-repainting) and they are not "very heavy on your PC" as you will find out simply because they are written differently. And that is the whole point : a thing can be made a thousand ways. There are cars and there are "cars". Everybody can choose to their preferences but a "car" can not be called a car. And it is the decision of the one that makes something what he/she will do with what he/she made. And my decision is that in this case these 2 are going to be posted here for reasons stated above.
PS: the end-pointing idea was originally introduced by Dennis Meyers (he used it for fast fourier transform), hence the name of these are accordingly named to his idea. But also a reminder that he (Dennis Meyers) posted results of end pointing that were far, far from a holly grail

PPS: libSSA.dll should be unpacked to experts/libraries folder in order to make these work

That is all from me

All the best

Mladen

EXCELLENT INDICATOR

Thank you

Moving MinMax shifted with MTF ?

mladen:
camaron ... PPS: I just noticed that the original indicator has shifted values (it looks better in hindsight but it does not change what has been told about it, it does not change when the signal is given (in real time it will appear at a time of the bar shown on the upper (non-shifted) indicator)) so added a choice whether you want shifted or non-shifted values. Also, some minor code changes have been done
regards Mladen

Hi Mladen, can you implement also an MTF version of the Moving MinMax shifted indi ?

Moving MinMax ...

Boxter

Here you go

Made the "shifted" version only since in it you can choose if you want shifted or non-shifted values so it covers the two versions

Boxter:
Hi Mladen, can you implement also an MTF version of the Moving MinMax shifted indi ?