Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 17

Hi SwissForex,

Personally, and this is only me. I do attempt the news trade. But I will not take any new trades 30mins before the news. So right now I am sitting idle waiting......

I usually place a one-cancels-the-other (oco) trade just before the news breaks.

Cheers

Codex

JTG System

At this point I have had 14 winning trades and two small losing trades with JTG orginal system.

I use EU,GU against the ECHF

and AU, NU against the UCAD

and UCAD, UJ against AU

all as indivdual groups.

As Argajag indicated, I wait for the M15, M30, H1, H4 all to turn green on the TOR and the reverse pair to all turn red. Then I wait for the color change of the nonlagma then go. To exit you can wait for reverse color changes on the the nonlagma. Or as I often do I put a MM EA on the charts (Like Swiss Army) to do a TS if I can't sit and watch them. Ater about 40-50 pips in the money I move to BE stop so I can't end up with a loser.

Codex,

In looking at JTG modified system, the signals don't seem as powerful as they are with the orginal system. I think the nonlagma may need changed as it does not seem to come into sync very well with the varied CCI periods on the different time frames. I get several signals from the TOR to go but the nonlagma always says no. The trades have resulted in about 60% wins and break even in pips. For now I will stick with orginal method until there is another development thread for the modified system.

Also, thanks for the PM, I will check it out soon.....after my RL boss leaves town.

great

ejohnston5:
At this point I have had 14 winning trades and two small losing trades with JTG orginal system.

I use EU,GU against the ECHF

and AU, NU against the UCAD

and UCAD, UJ against AU

all as indivdual groups.

As Argajag indicated, I wait for the M15, M30, H1, H4 all to turn green on the TOR and the reverse pair to all turn red. Then I wait for the color change of the nonlagma then go. To exit you can wait for reverse color changes on the the nonlagma. Or as I often do I put a MM EA on the charts (Like Swiss Army) to do a TS if I can't sit and watch them. Ater about 40-50 pips in the money I move to BE stop so I can't end up with a loser.

Codex,

In looking at JTG modified system, the signals don't seem as powerful as they are with the orginal system. I think the nonlagma may need changed as it does not seem to come into sync very well with the varied CCI periods on the different time frames. I get several signals from the TOR to go but the nonlagma always says no. The trades have resulted in about 60% wins and break even in pips. For now I will stick with orginal method until there is another development thread for the modified system.

Also, thanks for the PM, I will check it out soon.....after my RL boss leaves town.

Hi

really happy about your results,I hope it is a real account and not a demo

you give me hope in the sys and in makin' a living from trading

what lenght value for nonLagMAv7.1? 8 or 10?

about your 3 groups of correlated pairs = nice add-on

nonlagma

It seems like I was getting in a little early on each of the moves. Trades would slide negative for about an hour then move my direction. As a result I raised the period to 16 to make me sit on my hands a little longer and get closer to the move. I get nervous waiting for a trade to develop as it goes deeper in the red so I would rather be just a little fashionably late to the party but have the move headed my direction fairly quickly. I don't see where I have really given up any pips yet doing this.

nonLagMa

ejohnston5:
It seems like I was getting in a little early on each of the moves. Trades would slide negative for about an hour then move my direction. As a result I raised the period to 16 to make me sit on my hands a little longer and get closer to the move. I get nervous waiting for a trade to develop as it goes deeper in the red so I would rather be just a little fashionably late to the party but have the move headed my direction fairly quickly. I don't see where I have really given up any pips yet doing this.

Hi ejohnston5,

by reading your last 2 posts, I suppose you are trading 4 H Timeframe with nonLagMA input 16 applied

Is it correct?

I read and download many files about this strategy,but I'm not safe about my nonLagMA version,could you please post it here?

Or is ith the same from the first JTG post (nonlagMav7_1 email alert)?

This indicator is quite advanced,with a lot of customizable inputs .

I'm still workin on a good exit strategy.

SwissArmy is a good EA for everyday-workers like me,but I love to milk pips when in front of my PC

I'm sure I've got something good in my arsenal about it

I'll post here my results

thx

CCI indicators

Does anyone have the two CCI indcators at bottom of image?

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/80/t3_1.gif

Thanks,

rozario173

rozario173:
Does anyone have the two CCI indcators at bottom of image?

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/80/t3_1.gif

Thanks,

rozario173

It is just one indicator with two different settings. You have it with MT4.

I found it. thanks.

Yes and Yes

Trading H4.

NonlagMA Ver 7.1 with a period of 16.

Exit strategy I'm using is milk it by hand as well but watch the NonlagMa very closely to see weakness in the move.

testing

ejohnston5:
Trading H4.

NonlagMA Ver 7.1 with a period of 16.

Exit strategy I'm using is milk it by hand as well but watch the NonlagMa very closely to see weakness in the move.

thx

I'm gonna test your setup

I was starting to think this thread was dead

hope the Author will come back soon

so sorry he was banned

in the meantime,posting my own backtest results with Altoronto EA (see pag 7 )

I'm not an EA fun, but that's funny

deafult set.htm