Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 16

Hi agrajag,

I have not traded the enhancement yet, but have only managed to get it setup and have a quick scan through. Just with this quick scan through I was able to spot some entries very quickly.

ps: I am not really trading over this holiday period, although after seeing what the price action has been doing these last few days, I think I should have been trading .

Cheers

Codex

There are some good moves this holiday. I added 15 min and 4 hr trading timeframes to my other strategy since it is a more flexible strategy. Its easier to suit the 15 min, 1 hr and 4 hr traders.

The Enhanced CCI Thread

JTG, is the enhanced thread you opened dead? Sound like from several people that it was a good idea but became corrupted by soo many technical issues with the forum?

I would like to follow that thread as well if it is still open.

It worked once again.

Just completed another setup.

Short NU, AU, Long UJ.

Started out negative for about half an hour then headed north. Closed all three with 140 pip profit as momentum seemed to fall and tightened TSL's were hit.

Thanks JTG.

There are many of us who appreciate your efforts regardless of what others have to say. You have given us a system that cofirms itself which gives me a lot of confidence to pull the trigger and go.

Just went long UJ and short AU

I've kept out of the NU trade because of the RSI 5/13 not crossing below 50

I'm using an H4 ATR(21) for initial stop loss and dynamic trailing stop, with a max stop of 55 pips to keep true to the original strategy.

EDIT: I'm now in a GU short trade.

Codex PM

Codex, not sure if my PM went through as I got an insufficient privilage error?

So just in case, thanks for the info and I will give it a try alongside this method.

ej5

Banned???

JTG banned?

Is it just possible (Admins...) to know ... WHY?

Many thanks

Hi fsprea,

Yes it is sad, but he got a 1 week ban for erasing his MTF CCI (post no#1) thread and causing issues with regards to whether the MTF CCI thread was a "Suggestions for Trading System" or an "Actual Trading System".

Hopefully James will come back to this forum.

Cheers

Codex

work in progress

Hello

posting here my Questions and thoughts about latest Version(see post 1 ) James the Giant Woodie system

I hope he can reply here(anyway,this is the proper thread)

I read all this thread 2 times,and apart from thankin' James,Codex ,Agrajag and all the others for sharing thoughts,sys ,charts and files

I've got a question for James:

If I make it right,in your latest Version you removed CCI 8 and 14 Line Indicators window from your MT4 Charts,and you check their value through TOR Indicator

assuming this, let's go with the questions:

1- Do you wait for 15 min,30 min and 1 hour to line up before entering trade OR alignment of 4H CCIs is needed as well?

2-In your experience,how does your trading sys act on a leaving -market- beast?

to be more specific,I guess CCI 8 and 14 change values very often on lowest TF (15min),how many times a day do u watch your charts?Your sys has to be babysitted ??

I'm askin this 'cause I read you don't wait 4H closing candle,,

3- Let's say we have this scenario:

(using your template from post1)

4H timeframe

Trend up on EU,GU,NU,AU

Trend down on UsdChf

NonLammav7_1 Turning Blue at the 4h candle CLOSING on EU,GU,NU,AU and Red on UsdChf

All CCI aligned EXCEPT 15min TF CCI 8 showing one or more opposite signals

3a) What should we do?

3b)and Is it a possible scenario?

Waitin' for your reply

If your answer to my last question is YES ,this sys has to be babysitted closely

I hope not so ,I love the logic behind your sys and I've always been searching for a consistent 4H method.

And finally,a small contribution to the thread

Correlation sheet(Nothing Revolutionary)

potential trade setup

Hi

a real time question

if a potential trade setup is forming (i.e right NOW,Broker FxSolutions Demo,AU and NU aligned but GU and EU are still showing some indecision to turn Green)

is it safe to trade 1 hour before a " Red Flag New" Unemployment Claims ??