Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 13

No repaint

Hello All,

First of all - thank you James for taking the time to post your strategy - it is a very gracious gesture.

I have read that some of the correspondence have had concern with a repainting MA. MLADEN created this nonrepainting MA that has been very helpful in my trading. Once the candle has closed, the color is fixed. Thank you to MLADEN for putting the time in to create it.

Hopefully it will prove useful.

Kindest Regards,

Files:
lsma_nrp.ex4  5 kb

Thanks jawpip, is this the nonlag ma by mladen where the method in the settings should be set to 9, which is for nonlag ma?

And I will have to try that stock setting jawpip. Is the smoothed version different from the default info?

Hi deforex247,

I am going to have a look at your project soon. At the moment I am in the grasp of my wifes Christmas plans, so things are a little hectic (even finding time now to type this is proving difficult).

As soon as she calms down to a mild hurricane I will dive into this. I am also looking at Jame's new addition to the strategy with that double RSI to replace the moving average.

Cheers

Codex

Hello JTG

James the Giant:
Looks very interesting. Maybe codex can test your project out since I did not bring my laptop with mt4 on vacation with me. I can't wait to see it first hand though. As for the layout, how does it work? Would it be like when all timeframes align, that the blue box changes color? And how would the non lag ma box for exits work? Thanks again

well what I did was simply use a custom horizontal line indicator to block out the lesser time frames, 1h,30m and 15m respectively leaving only 4h and dailyTF to avoid distractions. Keep it simple remember? Now earlier in this thread codex introduced the use of non lag ma which I like too.

I also arranged the currencies in order of correlation. that is the first fore EU,GU,AU,NU and lastly USD/CHF and that gives it a dashboard kind of look.

BUY SIGNAL: when the CCI colour EU,GU,AU,NU and current

non lag ma bar= GREEN But CCI USD/CHF=RED

BUY EXIT: This is when the current 4h bar of non lag ma closes RED

SELL SIGNAL: when the CCI colour EU,GU,AU,NU and current

non lag ma bar= RED But CCI USD/CHF=GREEN

SELL EXIT: This is when the current 4h bar of non lag ma closes GREEN

Please I hope this is comprehensive enough. I have not changed anything from JTG's rules. Its just that I felt is better to see all pairs on the same window and thereby turning the platform in to a simple dashboard.

Please compare it with the Image I uploaded earlier and also note that when this picture was taken there was no signal. Will upload another one when a signal shows up.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria.

James the Giant:
Thanks jawpip, is this the nonlag ma by mladen where the method in the settings should be set to 9, which is for nonlag ma?

No, this is not the nonlag version - I believe that indicator is in the elite section according to a couple of posts up. This is a weighted average and to my knowledge the price settings in the indicator correlate to the options in a regular MA -

0 = Close

1 = Open

2 = High

3 = Low

4 = Median

5 = Typical

6 = Weighted

I am attaching a GU chart with the LSMA settings at 7 - 2 and it follows the non lag closly.

Regards

Files:

Double RSI of 5 and 13 definitely seems like a good idea.

Your dashboard for this system will be very useful deforex with the new double RSI addition. The RSI and dashboard will allow trading without candles or charts possible since the angle of the slow RSI indicates the velocity of a move, and how probable a move is of continuing in it's direction. Charts were never really needed in this strategy anyway.

I think deforex's dashboard concept is defiantly something worth an investigation.

I just wish I new mql to attempt a rough draft of this. I love the idea of a dashboard for this strategy.

Cheers

Codex

I think a nice dashboard add on would be an alarm that signified a set number of pips in one direction after all signals come in sync. Such an alarm that marks the first 20 pips in the direction of the given signal. With or without, this dashboard is a great idea.