Is this a good strategy?

Files:
minilot.gif  9 kb

Full trade history

If anyone wants to analyze here is full report from strategy-tester.

I'd also like to add I am getting similar results with several other pairs after adjusting the variables.

Also it is based upon volatility breakouts, and uses trailing stop for exit ONLY. No set tp...

Your opinions are much welcome.

/ McKeen

Files:

Did you risk a certain lots per trade or it was based on % of equity.

From you results I see 80% increase in equity in 4.5 years...it is not much but atleast profitable.

Second, you winning ratio is just over 50%, though nothing wrong with it but if you are looking to see your EA then you will have hard time convincing people.

Results looks good. Try to put it on demo account.

The only problem I see is that "it is based upon volatility breakouts" the tester is not good when price is changing fast. Requotes, higher spread and slippage can kill all profits. I don't know if it is a problem but it could be. You need to try on demo for a month or so...

TopPips:
Did you risk a certain lots per trade or it was based on % of equity.

From you results I see 80% increase in equity in 4.5 years...it is not much but atleast profitable.

Second, you winning ratio is just over 50%, though nothing wrong with it but if you are looking to see your EA then you will have hard time convincing people.

McKeen is using fixed lots, Add a Money Management would able to achieve more profit.

Why just over 50%, it's a trend following strategy, about 100 pips stoploss.

Without fixed profit target, using trailing stop to take profit.

Every time this EA close trades at profitable stoploss level, seems lost the potential 100 pips profit.

@McKeen

Don't hurry, optimize it a little more.

Or use a small fund first for the tempersome, since it's automatic.

When your money is in market, you will learn more.