Doublecrossed - page 3

biaxident:
Hi-- You are welcome. To answer your question----Yes, if you take the statement literally. But it doesn't mean you have to catch it at exactly the bar close price. It simply means we need to wait for the bar to close for the cross to lock in. If you are 2 hrs into a 4 hr bar and get a double cross up it is not a lock and you don't want to enter long here since over the final 2 hours of the bar the cross may reverse and the bar close crossed down. So we "take the signal" on bar close and not necessarily "enter" on bar close. As a matter of fact if you know the pair you are trading and how it moves you can usually get a better price than the bar close price. I've started working on an EA . I will be very surprised if I can pull this off. I'm so freaking confused.....and I'm using an EA builder !!! LOL Man my brain is wired for trading not programming. Wish me luck-- I'm gonna need it !!!

Thanks for the clarification.

biaxident:
Funny how staring at the code long enough sheds light--

Ok i think i get this part from the last post-

"and will I need to add the PRICE_CLOSE and MODE_MAIN and MODE_SIGNAL and their values to this part of the code?"

CLOSE, MAIN and SIGNAL are the values so it doesn't refer to "// Indicator setting" for these values.?

So would it look something like this? --

{

if CurrMain0 = iMACD(NULL,0,Pfast,Pslow,Psignal,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_ MAIN,0); > PrevMain1 = iMACD(NULL,0,Pfast,Pslow,Psignal,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_ MAIN,1);

return (1);

Or do both line's have to be there and if so how do I tell it to detect the fast, slow crosses and disregard signal crosses? Maybe if I keep staring I'll eventually figure it out.

Thanks again for the help !!!

Hi Biaxident,

You are on the right track and getting closer...

Your example for comparing CurrentMain0 with PrevMain1 is now correct...but you have an extra character that needs to be removed.

(code);> (code)

;is an "end of line" character (used only at the end of lines)

Just remove the "end of line" character between them and it should work perfectly...

And congratulations - You've invented a new coding technique - staring...lol!

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Biaxident,

You are on the right track and getting closer...

Your example for comparing CurrentMain0 with PrevMain1 is now correct...but you have an extra character that needs to be removed.

(code);> (code)

;is an "end of line" character (used only at the end of lines)

Just remove the "end of line" character between them and it should work perfectly...

And congratulations - You've invented a new coding technique - staring...lol!

Hope this helps,

Robert

Thanks so much again for your assistance Robert. You truly are a "Cosmic Life Form" !! That did the trick, although a1ra came in and fixed the original EA, which works great now by the way. Thank you a1ra for rockin it out !!!

As soon as I get a minute I'm going to start working on changing the current MACD to the IBFX traditional MACD that I normally would use. Not that it needs it, but I do prefer it and it will give me some more practice and help me perfect my "staring" technique. LOL

For anyone interested there is a link to the EA in a1ra's post above or go to post 10 of this thread. I haven't figured out how to post links yet . All credit for the EA goes to a1ra. Thanks so much to you and Robert. You 2 ROCK !!!