Brooky Indicators - page 4

Stochastic with Shading

In case you were wondering.

Automatic stochastic shading indicator attached.

Cheers

Brooky

brooky29:
Hi again.

With regard to the last post where I mentioned Adx as a strategy selector, I am posting an indicator I made that reflects a discussion on another forum.

It uses as it's base the Adx value to determine whether we should use Oscillators or Trend following strategies.

I believe that the correct selection of indis at the right time is a major step in anyone gaining a foothold into the market.

The explanation of the chart that I have attached is covered in intricate detail at Advanced technique #9 (System Selection Technique) | Forex Strategies & Systems Revealed and one should read through that post to get an understanding of the logic under the indi.

I have found this indi to be really useful in my manual trading and I thought my good friends here may also benefit.

There is a color legend that explains what indis to use when and it is quite self explanatory.

Some of the messages you will see are:

"Book Profits"

"HOLD for Direction-Maybe Exit Position"

"Use Oscillators (RSI,STOCHASTIC,Bollinger)"

"Use Trend Indis (MACD,Moving Averages ETC)"

"Look Toward Using Oscillators (RSI,STOCHASTIC ETC)"

"Look Toward Using Trend Indis (MACD,Moving Averages ETC)"

"Directional Power Increasing"

"Directional Power Decreasing"

"Directional Power Flat"

Chart n Indy below.

Cheers

Brooky

Thanks Brooky !

I have a problem with compilation of the indic, in the start function

Indicator to show what Indicator/strategy to use

Hi again.

With regard to the last post where I mentioned Adx as a strategy selector, I am posting an indicator I made that reflects a discussion on another forum.

It uses as it's base the Adx value to determine whether we should use Oscillators or Trend following strategies.

I believe that the correct selection of indis at the right time is a major step in anyone gaining a foothold into the market.

The explanation of the chart that I have attached is covered in intricate detail at Advanced technique #9 (System Selection Technique) | Forex Strategies & Systems Revealed and one should read through that post to get an understanding of the logic under the indi.

I have found this indi to be really useful in my manual trading and I thought my good friends here may also benefit.

There is a color legend that explains what indis to use when and it is quite self explanatory.

Some of the messages you will see are:

"Book Profits"

"HOLD for Direction-Maybe Exit Position"

"Use Oscillators (RSI,STOCHASTIC,Bollinger)"

"Use Trend Indis (MACD,Moving Averages ETC)"

"Look Toward Using Oscillators (RSI,STOCHASTIC ETC)"

"Look Toward Using Trend Indis (MACD,Moving Averages ETC)"

"Directional Power Increasing"

"Directional Power Decreasing"

"Directional Power Flat"

Chart n Indy below.

Cheers

Brooky

Big Joe:
Thanks Brooky ! I have a problem with compilation of the indic, in the start function

Sorry Big Joe.

All fixed. Updated indi on original post.

Copy n Paste hit the wrong indi.

Cheers

Brooky

thanks

thank brooky, all nice job

Thanks for the update Brooky

Cci

How about a CCI shaded

Thank you

brooky29:
In case you were wondering.

Automatic stochastic shading indicator attached.

Cheers

Brooky

Shaded CCI Indicator

toddanderson:
How about a CCI shaded Thank you

Why Certainly, I was thinking the same thing :-)

I will also add my favorite which is the Stoch Rsi Combination.

Hope you guys find them useful.

Just a note on the automatic shading.

The call to the dll relies on the chart being in focus for the shading to occur. This is why if you have 2 charts open and say you return to the one with the shade indi on it, it may show some black histogram until the next tick.

Nothing to worry about, just thought I would let you all know.

Charts n Indis attached.

Cheers

Brooky.

thank you

Thank you for your time and efforts

brooky29:
Why Certainly, I was thinking the same thing :-)

I will also add my favorite which is the Stoch Rsi Combination.

Hope you guys find them useful.

Just a note on the automatic shading.

The call to the dll relies on the chart being in focus for the shading to occur. This is why if you have 2 charts open and say you return to the one with the shade indi on it, it may show some black histogram until the next tick.

Nothing to worry about, just thought I would let you all know.

Charts n Indis attached.

Cheers

Brooky.

Labeled Moving Average

Hi,

This indicator was made as a request. Fully option-able settings that also allows moving price label as requested.

You can have more than one instance of the indi on a chart, just change the following option to a number higher per loaded ma.

extern int MA_Number = 1;

This is designed so the labels do not interfere with each other and clear your chart when unloading the indi.

Cheers

Example chart n indi below.