T101 basket trading system - math analysis - page 15

@hitescape: welcome here Thanks for feedback.. I'm here, though just went into standby mode.

So far it seems that I'm not able to pull out profits from this trade, at least on consistent way. Though, as I mentioned before, I'm very poor at manual trading, it was my first real attempt in years. Also, I've found that opening 14 pairs (even if you reverse 1 or 2) isn't good idea. So far eur/jpy was best performing pair, and it was *always* better to open 14 eur/jpy lots instead of 14 different pairs. So, that just reduces down to 1 eur/jpy lot, of course

What is most interesting in this system is jumping slots indicator method. I somehow started to divert from it over the time, so one day I've realized that what I'm doing is not similar to basket at all.. But I feel that I did not explored the full potential yet, so I'll get back here soon. Also, this Bull EA seems promising, had no time to check it yet, either.

And the fact that I'm having more ideas for automated trading doesnt help here At the moment I'm all excited about a system which I've invented like 12 hours ago, and it already gave me a sleepless night.. Just see attached results of eur/usd H1 trading over 43 months (end of 2006 till now), starting with $1000 and 0.01 lots. The other file is with compounding and some fancy money management I've crafted yesterday night.

It does respond very well to different money management, and there is tons of improvements ideas I want to check. Right now it just bases on 1 MA indicator + some fibo levels, but I can replace MA with some other trending indicator (like KAMA, FRAMA, etc.) and fibo levels with some regular grid maybe.. we'll see.

Sounds al-right......

however, if u read into Basket Bull, you might see it is in fact an excellent improvement and refined summary of what T101 method is truly about......

and direction of a thread is really, you know, a democratic thing, hoho

hitescape:
This is my first post in this thread and it is a shame that it isn't in a positive tone. Nopik, please come back!

Yeah, I'm actually curious how this EA works, will definitely find out. And yeah, I'm not trying to enforce any regime on this thread.. I have written what I had to write, thats all

Hi Guys,

I was conscious of having "hijacked" Nopik's thread to a degree.

I think that the mods. can safely split the thread into two from the point of my first post - the latter half of the thread being transferred to "BasketBull - T101 System EA" or something similar.

Are you aware that Version 8 of basketbull has been released with a few tweaks and this time the indicators run from the Daily timeframe ? I'm now running this version in myfxbook stats., however in the changeover, v7 entered some trades which I manually closed at a loss before installing v8.

I've attached the English version.

Files:

Thanks a lot, Echelon!

Don't worry too much on hijacking. The thread develops on its own natural path. Besides, nopik is interested to see that too.

will look into V8 right away. EDITED: in English now?!!! thank heaven!!!!!!

my V7 (H1 set) enter long instantly after Sunday open, and in profit right now. I find that V7's entry timing is really outstandingly early and accurate. it is difficult to skip it.......

echelon4x:
Hi Guys,

I was conscious of having "hijacked" Nopik's thread to a degree.

I think that the mods. can safely split the thread into two from the point of my first post - the latter half of the thread being transferred to "BasketBull - T101 System EA" or something similar.

I've attached the English version.

Hi Charvo,

This is just my rough translation to English

The developer is still remaining resolutely fixed to the "mother tongue", though I think he mentioned when the final version is stable he will look at translating into English too.

Thanks a lot, Echelon. Your efforts and contribution are highly appreciated.

My current V8 is a long basket, in negative now.

But V7 has a short basket on U.S. morning, again, amazing entry timing...... if only we lock the floating profit......

echelon4x:
Hi Charvo,

The developer is still remaining resolutely fixed to the "mother tongue", though I think he mentioned when the final version is stable he will look at translating into English too.

Yeww!

I've been i silent part of this forum for quite some time now, and am working manually with this strategy (among a couple of others) and whilst have a reasonable level of success manually, there is always room for improvement. Not to speak any ill of the system as it stands, it's fantastic, and quite a novel strategy, and i think all who've contributed should be very proud. This said, (regarding the quote below) I agree. i think in order to develop this strategy even further with more precision we should tear ourselves away from the bells and whistles and focus more on the fundamentals of the strategy itself.

Just my two bobs worth, i'm working on creating a more suitable exit at present and will keep everyone updated of any progress i make (im a bit of a noob, but getting there slowly)

That said, keep up the great thread & discussion!

Cheers, Boston

hitescape:
This is my first post in this thread and it is a shame that it isn't in a positive tone.

While I am in favor of all the great information about Basket Bull and am actively watching Basket Bull on other sites I feel that it deserves its own thread instead if hijacking this thread. I would love to follow it here like I do on other forums.

To be frank, I miss the factual, theoretical and analytical background that Nopik has been providing.

Ever since the Basket Bull EA discussion arrived all intellectual thought went out the window. Everyone is now only concerned about the last profitable set files, brokers, etc and are ignoring the fact that this EA is truly an Alpha release although others claim it to be a beta release. Who, in their right mind, trades alpha software releases? Don't you even care about the theory behind the strategy?

I, myself, would like to see this thread returned to Nopik and the theory behind the system. Having done a lot of investigation and math on correlated pairs, I suspect that you are trading something very different than what Nopik has brought to our attention.

Nopik, please come back!

echelon4x:
Hi Charvo,

Hi echelon4x

very nice please, translate the 8.2 version

kind regards

csino

v 8.2

Hi Guys

very interesting EA , are the reviews, results?

csino