The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly ) - page 6

Hey.

Did everyone find success this week? I was defensive and managed 30 pips x 2.

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day forex trading koalas.

Welcome to another review of The Koala System for forex.

In the last review we observed trend like conditions that allowed the system to harvest up to 6 standard opportunities. The 200 EMA proved to be useful again as it gave warning of potential support and resistance areas.

Looking at the EUR/USD 15 minutes chart above for last week, we see 6 opportunities presented.

Did you notice a difference?

Yes. This review is based on the experimental take profit value of 30pips. After testing for a few weeks, i will like to touch a little on this. The idea of a 30 pips take profit came from my observations and also from users who commented to me that the current market situation is often tight and 50 pips may be risky at times due to the possibility of the currency pair turning direction before reaching.

Using the 30 pips take profit value, the rate of successful opportunities presenting themselves is probably higher. The red zones nonetheless remains so due to conditions violating The Koala System rules entirely.

Having said so with a 30 pips take profit, we need to have at most a 30 pips stop loss to maintain at least a ratio of 1:1 for the win lose ratio. With a tighter stop loss, we cannot afford to be too inaccurate in our entries. This is why proper planning of your trades and proper money management is important.

This week the 200 EMA served us well again, serving as a support and resistance often. Let me know if you have opinions. Remember we are learning forex together

Trade Safely.

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day forex traders.

It is time to take a look at the potential performance of The Koala System for the past week.

In the last review, i mentioned about the new 30 pips take profit value. While it may result in higher chances of success, it may also result in more stop loss being hit. The reason is because the maximum stop loss we can set is probably 30 pips to maintain a minimal win loss ratio of 1:1.

Looking at the EUR/USD chart above, we see no trade zones for most of the week. The Koala System is a trend trader. Shaky unstable market conditions are not conducive for it. The continued sentiment break down of the Euro Zone brought many knee jerk reactions.

Having said so, this is where the 30 take profit value shines. As 30 is relatively small, this is akin to a precision strike! Enter, harvest the pips and bail out. However as i mentioned, the stop loss is equally small and hence you must be patient and wait for good entries. Otherwise the market will harvest you!

For folks just joining us, you can view The Koala System rules here. Once again, the 200 EMA is an usual addition, often showing the areas of support and resistance.

A long time user of The Koala System mentioned to me that he uses The Koala System as a confirmation that he is not going against the trend when he is trading. At the end of the day, as long as The Koala System helps you one way or another, i am glad We are here to learn forex together and hence i welcome ALL suggestions

With the market now in a critical stage ( you can read the EUR/USD Daily / Weekly Reviews ), it is important that you practice proper money management.

Trade safely and i'll see you next week!

Good day fellow users of The Koala forex trading system.

In the last review, we noted that it was a challenging week. There were no trade zone signals on throughout most of the week. The ongoing sentiment break down of the Euro Zone brought many spikes. These spikes were definitely not optimal trading conditions.

We also explored the possibility of having 30 pips take profit value instead of the usual 50. The lower take profit value allows one to potentially exit the market sooner thus minimizing the risk. Having said so, with a lower stop loss value, entries must be more accurate to prevent unnecessary stop outs.

Looking at the EUR/USD 15 minutes chart above, it was obvious that the week was a very challenging one. Most of the week resided in the no trading zone as the currency pair spiked and flipped excessively. A 30 pip take profit would really help here due to the excessive volatility. One word of caution though, if one had been impatient, the spiky nature of the currency pair this week would have wiped out a 30 pip stop loss easily.

With the battle of the bulls and bears running into a tug of war, the only two opportunities were presented in mid week when the momentum was clean enough. These were 30 pips opportunities. A 50 pips deployment would probably have met with an unhappy end.

While the week was bad indeed for The Koala System, in a way i was satisfied with the system. I spoke to a number of traders and they had a tough week too and therefore this adds further validation to the accuracy of The Koala System's signals. If it is a no trade zone, it is probably really a no trade zone.

For folks just joining us, you can view The Koala System rules here.

As the currency pair is really going through a tough time, it is crucial that you plan your trades well.

Trade safely and i will see you next week.

Good day forex trading koalas.

In the previous review, we noted that the week was a very challenging one. Most of the week resided in the no trading zone. The currency pair frequently spiked and flipped, making trading conditions extremely difficult. While a 30 pip take profit would really help here, care must be taken as the spiky nature of the EUR/USD for the week would have wiped out a 30 pip stop loss easily too.

Only two opportunities were presented and these were 30 pips take profits. A 50 pips take profit would not have been as successful.

With reference to the EUR/USD M15 chart above, the week is once again a challenging one.

In early Monday trading, the currency pair gained bullish momentum. However it was deemed risky as the movement was too quick. After a pause, the EUR/USD resumed it's upwards climb. However it was spiky and hence did not present an opportunity until late in the day. 30 pips were available for harvest. On Tuesday, a bounce off the 200EMA provided another opportunity for a trade. While the initial momentum was too fast, the subsequent climb was more acceptable. The rest of the week resided in the no trading zone. The currency pair flipped around excessively and threatened to wipe out positions on both sides.

The 200 EMA is holding up well as you can see that it functions as an indicator of support and resistance lines well. Just remember that support and resistance lines are never a single pip and hence the currency pair may extend a little further before heading back.

The 30 pips take profit strategy is giving me a little of mixed results. While the lower take profit value does minimize the exposure to the market due to less time spent waiting for the take profit value to be hit, the corresponding lower value of stop loss results in lesser allowances for negative movements. Consider this as an ongoing research.

As the currency pair is really going through a tough time, it is crucial that you plan your trades well.

Trade safely and i will see you next week.

Hi all i wont be doing review this week as i am looking at how i can further improve the system... feel free to give your comments :P

in the meanwhile, folks you all can still read the Eur/usd reviews at my blog.

that 200 MA bounce looks interesting

witsnpips:
that 200 MA bounce looks interesting

yes it does! a user suggested 50EMA too..

anyway if you like the work here, please vote for the thread.. this thread is suffering from negative votes on purpose

Good day fellow Koala System users.

Yes i took a one week break for the system review.

Basically i was examining two factors.

1) The best use of the system

2) The best time frame for the system.

-1-

As far as the best use is concerned, scaling is definitely out. This system is primarily a slow trend system. Best suited for intra-day traders ( 15 minutes ) and intra-week traders ( 30 minutes ).

-2-

The best time frame is a tricky one. Besides the need to suit the above styles discussed, different market conditions calls for different time frames. With the recent spikiness of the market, a lower 15 minutes works better. A 30 minutes approach will result in no trade zone for most of the week.

While we continue to explore the best ways to do so, remember that patience and proper money management is a must!

Looking at the EUR/USD 15 minutes chart for the week, we can see that The Koala System brought us 3 opportunities.

While the currency pair did begin bearish for the first half of the week, the first suitable opportunity only came in the second day when the pair is below the 200 EMA. The Koala System is not a risky trading style and hence we must wait often.

The midweek is mainly spiking but we managed to identify one quick opportunity.

The last opportunity was a potential winner if you used a proper trailing stop. The strong upwards momentum carried the currency pair up from the lows. This is due to the poor US data coming out of the country.

A user suggested the use of a 50 EMA and till now i do find some usefulness of it. Thank you buddy you know who you are. Expect this to be featured in the next review

Trade safely.

I think you have to do more analysis for last 10 days

and see whether you discover some cool candle cluster pattern

in the thread,Something interesting please post here

that thread, got a lot of nice indicator , see which one fit into your SYSTEM -- actually,system mean constant profit with specific rules

--

SL demon may still catch up with your gambling spirit

----

how about add one feature, that most other system don't have

if your Template is for Manual entry, how about devise a methodology: just in case you are very wrong, so you still will profit for a market scenario that totally go against your template

Reason: