Ana trading system

Hi

This is my first message at Elite Section after I checked out hundreds of indicators on forex-tsd in the last one year. With no hesitation I can say this is the best online source of Forex information, thank you newdigital and all of you contributing.

Now, I have my modest proposal for an EA, using only 2 indicators (both being picked up from here) being installed at 3 time frames (15 min, 1 H & 4H).

I must recognize I have a few more indicators on my screen for manual trading but for an EA I think this is enough.

Indicator 1 : MA in Color_wApplied Price (standard inputs 12/3/6), showing a blue color on a long trend, pink on a trend change and yellow on a short trend.

Indicator 2: BBands_Stop_v 1.2 (standard inputs (20/2.0), blue on a long trend, yellow on a short one.

Long entry when:

MA pink or blue at 4H, pink or blue at 1 H , blue (only) at 15 min

BBands blue at 15 min, 1 H, 4 H

Short entry when :

MA pink or yellow at 4H, pink or yellow at 1 H , yellow (only) at 15 min

BBands yellow at 15 min, 1 H, 4 H

Exits : 50% of position at the first 20 pips profit, the other 50 % when MA is changing the color in the oposite (becoming yellow on a long trade or blue on a short one).

Emergency SL = 70 pips (unexpected news, events).

That being said entries will occur only at a 15 min close bar; last 50% on a 15 min close bar as well.

As I didn't know how to name this trading system I named it with my mothers name. And not to forget : yes it is profitable. Indicators and jpeg attached. Thank you for your time, Val

Val,

Here is one different version of colored MA. The main difference is that this one does not repaint As far as the rest of values, they are the same (made a mod so this one includes LSMA too (MAMethod==4)) It might help
regards

mladen

Files:
ma_color.mq4  4 kb
ma_color.gif  26 kb

thank you mladen, yes that's a great indicator, still have 2 questions:

- there is no intermediate color but in settings I can see 3 colors, the third one doesn't show up

- what do you mean by repainting ? changing the color within the same bar - which makes sense - or after the bar is closed - which is bad...Val

PS: MA Method 3 looks much better then 4, too me ).

Val,

You touched the eternal question in metatrader : the repainting. Since it is still a battlefield about it, will answer a bit longer.

In the code of the "MA in color wAppliedPrice" there is part of the code that goes like this :
if (MA_Prev > MA_Cur)

{

ExtMapBuffer2 = EMPTY_VALUE;

}

else if (MA_Prev < MA_Cur)

{

ExtMapBuffer1 = EMPTY_VALUE; //-1 red/greem tight

}

else

{

ExtMapBuffer1=EMPTY_VALUE;//EMPTY_VALUE;

ExtMapBuffer2=EMPTY_VALUE;//EMPTY_VALUE;

}
The meaning of it is obvious : if previous value is greater than current value paint the line in one color, if previous value is less than the current value paint the line in second color else (the only condition left) if previous value is same as current value paint the line in third color. Now see what happens in practice (bare in mind the conditions it should fulfill) :
and what it should look like :
It is simply a consequence of the way it is coded and is, as you can see from the example, not correct.

Also, as an answer to your why does the third color do not show up in the version that I posted: in practice, equal values are, in moving averages, rare. Hence you can almost never see the "third color" on a correctly coded indicator if the values are not rounded (but I really do not see any reason for rounding values of any moving average) I did leave the possibility in the indicator that it might happen even though I am normally not treating equal values as a sign of trend change but as a normal trend continuation, but, as you see, the "third condition (equal values)" almost never happens

regards

mladen

Files:

thank you for your time mladen, very useful info, appreciate. val