Relative Strength Test for Currencies

Hi,

I'm somewhat new at forex and trading in general so please bear with me.

I do something that I call "Relative Strength" to determine which currency is strongest and which one is weakest.

It starts by looking at the 1 hour chart of the EUR/USD, then the GBP/USD, then the EUR/GBP etc... An example would be, if the EUR/USD is UP, the GBP/USD is DOWN, and the EUR/GBP is UP.

From this I get a relative strength of:

EUR

USD

GBP

However the last week or so I've been seeing a strange thing happen between the AUD, EUR, and USD as well as the CAD. Again looking at the hourly charts I see:

The AUD/USD trend is down (AUD is weaker than USD)

The EUR/USD trend is up (EUR stronger than USD)

The EUR/AUD trend is down (AUD is stronger than EUR) ??

Same thing with the CAD:

The USD/CAD trend is down (CAD is weaker than USD)

The EUR/USD trend is up (EUR stronger than USD)

The EUR/CAD trend is down (CAD is stronger than EUR) ??

I'm sure I'm missing something or don't understand exactly what is happening here.

Relative strengthmeters

hey mate

I hav'nt been around for a long while as I run a correlation/Strengthmeter thread on Trade2win

if you get no responses here drop me a line and we will try to help

Neil

(NVP)

Jason Fielder $997 for the free FXCorrelator ?

and while i'm here I understand Jason Fielder has released more freely available software that he charges a lot of money for

This is totally unacceptable and there are plenty of free Strengthmeters out there that just need some time and practice to provide as good a Trading system as anything out there

Happy to help anyone on my T2W forum and provide a free strengthmeter and training

Regards

Neil

(NVP)

Jason fielder free indicator

hi all

Jason Fielder is selling free strengthmeters for $997

heres a free one plus a smple effective 20ma system

regards

NVP

apologies i need 10 posts to allow links

I run a thread at T2w on correlation and strengnthmeters that may be of interest to people here - link coming

NVP

bear with me this makes 10 posts !

here we go....all free and 50,000 views nearly there for my thread

NVP

Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies - Page 381 | Trade2Win Forums

I had the same kind of thinking as TS but encountered the same issue of three pairs exhibiting different relationships. So what i did was to find the "strength" of all pairs and fiddled with weakest and the strongest currencies. That would give me a "must" buy or sell signal for that strongest/weakest or weakest/strongest pair.

The only short coming of this technique would be...... it is relatively correct as of then but highly susceptible to change of trend reversal or news breakout.

Please pardon me if i am just babbling nonsense.

Files:
relative_str.jpg  211 kb

hey mate

no you are notbabbling nonsense !!

keep up your strengthmeter research .......it works but you have to find your own path and strategies by trial and error and working with other followers of this approach

if you look hard enough the patterns are there - I promise !

contact me here or at my larger T2W site for more help and advice ...or try some of my videos at Youtube under FXCorrelator

NVP

Nobody has tried this system? how his results?