Grid - ALL DAY LONG EA

Hello Forex Gods

I am absolutely blown away by your work on this site.

I work for a non profit org, designed to reduce Teen Pregnancy through positive media. I'm not gonna give you a whole thing about morality or God because we don't come from that angle. Teen pregnancy affects poverty and crime and culture. By working against Teen Pregnancy, we have seen great reductions in Crime and Poverty where we work (29% reduction in one city, 37% in another). Your help in the following matter is greatly appreciated as we can not really develop this EA. If we do not make 30% more money per month we will not survive beyond May of 2010.

This EA is a play off Gridzilla. It's called "ALL DAY LONG". It does good some months, great some months, terrible in others....It's not good overall. It just might be a really stupid idea all together but... Hey .

1st - It's a grid trader

2nd - It attempts to define grid using pricechannel

3rd - It is an attempt to reverse trade during trend by creating an "outside" (outside pchannel) using shift

4th - Filters: One of the filters is "Accelerator Oscilator"; Another is "Distance".

5th - It releases tie ups by taking a certain "decisive profit" from individual trades within a cycle. As individual trades Hit the decisive profit, they become governed by a trailing stop.

6th - Cycles end after X percent increase in account balance.

7th - Money Management via Lot Increaser

8th - Individual trades can be stopped with a SL called "Hard Safety Stop"

9th - The "ShortTermMemory" parameter will filter the trades even more by making certain that each potential trade has to back trace by "X" ticks (Designated by "Distance" Parameter). This idea is from a previous version. Setting the "Distance" parameter to "0" will basically turn this filter off

10th - Of course you can adjust the grid size

11th - Time filter

12th - Multiple Cycles will let the EA take more than One cycle (One cycle per day if Time Filtered, One cycle per session if there's no time filter)

Problem

As with other Grid systems it gets hung trades as it travels away from a gridding range.

Our Need

We need to mitigate the bleeding that these left over trade creates.

So that's it in a nutshell.

Questions

1 - What do you think about Martingale cycles to mitiate the hung trades

2 - What do you think about hunting the hung trades one by one, via summation, with trades inside the currently established grid-range

These are the only answers that I have for the problem. And sadly, my learning curve is too slow to save my organization.

I'm looking for a miracle.

I'll post the EA if you're interested. We have been trying to develop this for 2 years (well, my coworkers really). We can't pay for it anymore.

Thank You

Jamal

Here are some Pics of "ALL DAY LONG" in action.

Files:
action.jpg  96 kb
account.gif  9 kb

Thats just sad ...

Hey Brother,

Thats just sad that is, put that dog down, its hurting real baaaad.

Go next door and GET BLESSED my brother.

And god be with you '-)

Keeping it REAL

PS. See the thread called Blessing and try that EA, its 1000 time better than your unholy bankruptcy one.

amen to that I say, as other folks on here know, I don't pull my punches ok, if its Bad, its Bad Brother, its its good, it one of the mighty few.

Blessings on all of your endeavours with Blessing EA.

See The Blessing EA Thread

JamalJohnson:

Problem

As with other Grid systems it gets hung trades as it travels away from a gridding range.

Our Need

We need to mitigate the bleeding that these left over trade creates.

So that's it in a nutshell.

Questions

1 - What do you think about Martingale cycles to mitigate the hung trades

2 - What do you think about hunting the hung trades one by one, via summation, with trades inside the currently established grid-range

These are the only answers that I have for the problem. And sadly, my learning curve is too slow to save my organization.

I'm looking for a miracle.

I'll post the EA if you're interested. We have been trying to develop this for 2 years (well, my coworkers really). We can't pay for it anymore.

Thank You

Jamal

Hi Jamal,

Have you taken a look at the Blessing EA thread here on TSD?

It is also a grid system that seems to have good potential, and in reading the Blessing tread, it's been a great cooperative effort with some good people working together.

The latest version is Blessings 3 v3.2 and it was just posted on the thread (see #1).

I just downloaded it and ran it on EurUsd H1 Strategy Tester (9/1-10/1/2009)- and I immediately obtained a positive profit curve and Profit Factor of 4.68 using just the default settings for this pair (see attached image). In my opinion any PF over 2 is great! I did quick tests on 3 other pairs, and they had PF's over 2+ as well. Impressive and consistent results so far!

You may want to read the Blessing thread to see the best recommendations for pairs and settings.

The trades on the Blessing chart look much more controlled than your charts..fewer and more profitable. They may have solved your questions.

Take a look and compare the codes, and it may give you some insights to improve your EA....or work with Blessing EA (and the Blessing team) towards placing it on your live accounts to make your project some money (no guarantees of course!).

Good luck and God Bless you in your projects to help young women and fight crime and poverty!

Robert

I'm gonna check out the Blessing Thread. DOn't Worry, I just want something that works. Thanks for the straight talk. It was very effective.

Also I will seek ideas for our ea as well but perhaps that work will be funded by blessing. Who knows.

Jamal

JamalJohnson:
I'm gonna check out the Blessing Thread. DOn't Worry, I just want something that works. Thanks for the straight talk. It was very effective.

Also I will seek ideas for our ea as well but perhaps that work will be funded by blessing. Who knows.

Jamal

Hi Jamal,

I am wondering how your search for funding progressed, much work has been done to Blessing since January that should have assisted you. Could you provide more details regarding the organisation you work for or support?

Regards

Retireme

I work for FreeTeens (FreeTeensUSA.org). We are trying different things to move forward including selling the program to suburban school districts. We got the interest of a few but we need a critical mass to retain the support of our presenters. We might lose alot of seasoned presenters (including myself) before we have enough new districts locked in. It's down to the wire.

Jamal