Requests & Ideas - page 43

goertzel 3 mtf

Here is a mtf Goertzel 3 it works fine except when you go mtf the prediction is not working (maybe someone else can find the mistake, been looking till cross eyed and can't find it) but looking at this picture you get an idea how it would be and can also get a fairly good idea where next nesting could be taking place.

mrtools:
Here is a mtf Goertzel 3 it works fine except when you go mtf the prediction is not working (maybe someone else can find the mistake, been looking till cross eyed and can't find it) but looking at this picture you get an idea how it would be and can also get a fairly good idea where next nesting could be taking place.

Thanks Tools,

More interested in current cycles nesting than future projection, will take it for a drive, nice work!

Regards,

Zipfrog

Mladen

Do you know the indicator "Power Momentum" of Martin Pring, if you know, may you make this indicator.

Thanks

mrtools

Working on it (I think that mtf-ing the "predicting" part is what simba is looking for (at least the first bar of it, since he knows that the probability of the first bars prediction is the highest, and frankly I am looking for that first bar too - in this case mtf is maybe going to show it's teetf in the best sense of the word)) and am trying to find out a new way for the hole stuff now (mtf-ing the shifted values)

Even though it did this (mind blowing isn't it?) :
yesterdays chart posted at post 410 of this thread (this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page28 )

and what happened to the price after that

please all of you be careful. I think that with mtf-ing the prediction part too we are going to have a bit more of a "probability edge" but anyway, let us (especially me) remember that there are no holly grails
mrtools:

Try this for fun...

...while we hold our breath anticipating Mladen's latest.

Somebody asked about ideas or ways to use this stuff...

PAL, Price or Both - no matter.

Credit Mladen's foresightedness that makes the exercise possible; he could have easily left it out.

1.) Use your brain and some vertical lines to establish obvious and not so obvious cycles (to start, mark some peaks and troughs).

2.) Measure the period(s)

3.) Refer to the ListOfCycles; match your period(s) with the Cycle index number

4.) Enable 'UseCycleList'

5.) Populate 'Cyclen' with the indices matched to your period(s); enter 0s in unused spaces

6.) Rinse and repeat on multiple timeframes - and, dare I say, other, highly correlated pairs

7.) Look for convergence in price and time; don't get too excited if the highly correlated pair(s) aren't in on the party, we need as much on our side as we can get as there is plenty stacked against us.

We were given an amazing visual processor in our brain. Clearing out some of the less interesting cycles can have an amazing effect on your analysis.

One more thing (given there is valid, actionable signal involved), - taking a small bit of liberty with the rules - a guy named Nyquist said you need to perform these steps twice in every period you measure. That is, this is not a Ronco's (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Popeil) 'Set It And Forget It' deal - you need to continuously update your analysis because the real, valuable signal can and does drift around.

Speaking of 'Requests & Ideas'

Next thing you know, someone will wonder what Goertzel would do if only selected time periods (e.g., sessions) were considered.

What would it look like if skipped sessions were ignored? interpolated?

Further, what would it look like if (filtered?) news event spans (and, considering today, holidays) were skipped? interpolated?

These relatively inactive and hyperactive periods, respectively, are perturbations that bear consideration in time series analysis.

Gotcha - made you wonder...

adeo:
Next thing you know, someone will wonder what Goertzel would do if only selected time periods (e.g., sessions) were considered.

What would it look like if skipped sessions were ignored? interpolated?

Further, what would it look like if (filtered?) news event spans (and, considering today, holidays) were skipped? interpolated?

These relatively inactive and hyperactive periods, respectively, are perturbations that bear consideration in time series analysis.

Gotcha - made you wonder...

Very insightful ideas Adeo, I think maybe this conversation went underground and private. That would be a shame!

zipfrog:
Very insightful ideas Adeo, I think maybe this conversation went underground and private. That would be a shame!

Nah ain't underground, still a work in progress

Nothing underground, but interpolating shifted values is a killer.

Every missing candle (and only then you are really going to notice it) is stretching the extrapolated values as if it was rubber band. Some new general solution for that issue (so mtf-ing the predicted values) has to be found and right now nothing meaningful comes to mind

That is all

No secrets only obstacles that are going to be solved