Requests & Ideas - page 240

rayphua:
Thanks Mladen for pointing out the corrected NMR indi. Strange as it may sound, are you able to help code in changeable "NMA" and "NMA" parameter, and with alerts for zero and upper/lower "NMA" crosses for the NMR20 indicator I had posted even if it was done without a knowledge of the exact formula when it was made? Somehow I find the crosses of the zeroline and the upper and lower bands, plus the reverse of the "NMR" into the "NMA" bands rather accurate.

rayphua

I am not sure that I understand. Do you want a regular NMA calculated on that nmr20 value?

PS: upper and lower bands in nmr20 are not nma values. I can not put a name on those bands since they were a guessing game and were made as a result of guess-and-try

mladen:
rayphua

I am not sure that I understand. Do you want a regular NMA calculated on that nmr20 value?

PS: upper and lower bands in nmr20 are not nma values. I can not put a name on those bands since they were a guessing game and were made as a result of guess-and-try

Mladen, I've emailed you instead, thanks for looking into it!

rayphua:
Mladen, I've emailed you instead, thanks for looking into it!

rayphua

First test this one

It is that indicator rewritten completely. It allows variable length calculation now and you will notice one strange Parameter : WrongWay. The thing is that in the original indicator ema calculation is done the wrong way (it was done as if it was always on the start of the calculation - having previous value of ema equal to 0). If you set the Wrong Way parameter to true, you are going to get exactly the same values as the old version (here is an example :

And if you set the WrongWay to false (default value) you will get this :

Check it out. I kept the name but once again I will repeat that it is not a nmr

Files:
nmr_0.gif  34 kb
nmr_1.gif  32 kb
ocean_nmr.mq4  3 kb

mladen:
rayphua

First test this one

It is that indicator rewritten completely. It allows variable length calculation now and you will notice one strange Parameter : WrongWay. The thing is that in the original indicator ema calculation is done the wrong way (it was done as if it was always on the start of the calculation - having previous value of ema equal to 0). If you set the Wrong Way parameter to true, you are going to get exactly the same values as the old version (here is an example :

And if you set the WrongWay to false (default value) you will get this :

Check it out. I kept the name but once again I will repeat that it is not a nmr

Ok Mladen, funny mistake. Will try it out, and update you. However I am having problems downloading it, not sure why.

rayphua:
Ok Mladen, funny mistake. Will try it out, and update you. However I am having problems downloading it, not sure why.

rayphua

Try downloading it again (you were probably trying to download while I updated the post). Made a change in it which makes it exactly the same (to the last decimal) as the old version when the wrong way is set to true

mladen:
rayphua Try downloading it again (you were probably trying to download while I updated the post). Made a change in it which makes it exactly the same (to the last decimal) as the old version when the wrong way is set to true

Great, Mladen, you're a genius. Works just like the wrongly written version.

1. Can you code 3 alerts; when the line crosses zero, when it crosses upper band, and when it crosses lower band?

2. Are you able to code a tape histogram with four colors with the Wrong Way parameter; blue when it is above band, red when it is below the band, and dark blue when it is above zeroline but below upper band, and maroon when it is below zeroline but above the bottom band.

Thank you Mladen, sorry for all the troubles!!!

rayphua:
Great, Mladen, you're a genius. Works just like the wrongly written version.

1. Can you code 3 alerts; when the line crosses zero, when it crosses upper band, and when it crosses lower band?

2. Are you able to code a tape histogram with four colors with the Wrong Way parameter; blue when it is above band, red when it is below the band, and dark blue when it is above zeroline but below upper band, and maroon when it is below zeroline but above the bottom band.

Thank you Mladen, sorry for all the troubles!!!

rayphua

Here is this version first : it is a multi time frame version with alerts added - alerts on zero line cross and alerts on bands crosses (they can be configured separately). It still can work in the two modes : wrong way and the correct way

mladen:
rayphua Here is this version first : it is a multi time frame version with alerts added - alerts on zero line cross and alerts on bands crosses (they can be configured separately). It still can work in the two modes : wrong way and the correct way

Thanks Mladen, for the mtf and alerts, looking forward to the tape histogram! Really appreciate your time here!

rayphua:
Thanks Mladen, for the mtf and alerts, looking forward to the tape histogram! Really appreciate your time here!

rayphua

Here is that histo version too. It also has the wrong way option, it is a multi time frame and can alert the same way as the regular version does

Mladen, there was this Simple Alternative CCI that you had coded. I was wondering if there was a version that's in MTF, with alerts, multiple color settings, somewhere in the elite or advance forums?