Requests & Ideas - page 242

WalterFordham:
Mladen

squize_ma_averages_zones_mtf.mq4squize_ma_averages_zones_mtf.mq4

Could you allow the background zone to be painted in realtime and higher time frames. I am not concern with it changing during lower time frame. Also if I add multiple indicators to a chart lets say a 1hr and a 4hr is there a way to control which one is a background color.

Thanks

Walter

Just an answer that can be answered quickly : there is no way how we can make it control the background color depending on wheter another instance of the indicator is working or not. Metatrader simply does not have a mean to find out that another instance of a same indicator is working the same thing and then to "negotiate" with another instance which one will be in control

Also, one question : what do you consider "in real time and higher time frame"? I am not sure that I understand the question

This is a Squize set to 4HR and see how background is black and current trend for 4HR is down or red. I know the 4HR candle is not complete but it prevents me from needing to view backwards.

Files:
eurusdm15_2.png  33 kb

Walter Fordham:
This is a Squize set to 4HR and see how background is black and current trend for 4HR is down or red. I know the 4HR candle is not complete but it prevents me from needing to view backwards.

OK, now I understand. Will do it

Walter

Try out this version

It is a bit changed. It is a 3 state indicator now (with default color for neutral state set to no color, so, with default parameters, it is working as the older 2 state one). Also check the issue you wanted to be solved (it should be working as you wanted it to work now).

Hi,

Would it be possible to convert this indicator to MT4 ? With adjustable smoothing period ?

Indicators - Balance of Power - MQL5 Code Base

Cola Dan:
Hi,

Would it be possible to convert this indicator to MT4 ? With adjustable smoothing period ?

Indicators - Balance of Power - MQL5 Code Base

Dan

There are a couple of balance of market power indicators for metatrader 4. For example, one (with documentation) is posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and one more here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/generalhttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general but as I see the formula used is different (the one from metaquotes site is much simpler). Will check what is the correct balance of market power formula and will get back to you

PS: it seems that the one from the elite section is using the correct formula. See this description from 2000 for metastock : MetaStock Online Community - Aug 2000: Balance of Market Power . That is the formula from the indicator used in the elite section version

Perfect!

Mladen,

One last request if possible for the new Squize_MA averages zones mtf 2.mq4 . Could you have to option of displaying lines or rect zones. This could be a solution to displaying zones for multiple time frames, if not I am already happy.

mladen:
Dan PS: it seems that the one from the elite section is using the correct formula. See this description from 2000 for metastock : MetaStock Online Community - Aug 2000: Balance of Market Power . That is the formula from the indicator used in the elite section version

Hi Mladin,

That's great! Thank you.

I wondered if you could possibly create a BoP histogram indicator ? With different colour bars above/below a zero line ? With adjustable smoothing ?

Walter Fordham:
Mladen, One last request if possible for the new Squize_MA averages zones mtf 2.mq4 . Could you have to option of displaying lines or rect zones. This could be a solution to displaying zones for multiple time frames, if not I am already happy.

Walter

Try this one. You have to set the DrawAsBack to false, and in that case it will draw rectangles (lines) instead of filled in rectangles. If you set the DrawAsBack to true, it will work as it worked before