Inertia indicator

Can some please make this indicator because i can't find it on the web.

Inertia = LstSqrMA(RVI)

RVI is well known : Relative Vigor Index, RVI - MQL4 Code Base

Thank's in advance

Files:
lstsqrma.gif  2 kb

Don't know if this is it but below is code for modified LSMA using RVI as input - you need the RVI.mq4 compiled in your indicator folder.

Here you go, this is done according to your description. The version that uses linear regression value to alter RVI I was not aware of till now (see details lower on this post of the original inertia indicator)

I am not sure that you are gaining a lot by applying linear regression (or least square MA as some call it) to RVI, since RVI is already using smoothed values in its calculations (see the compared "raw" RVI and linear regression smoothed RVI "LSMA of RVI")

PS: calculation used is vinins way of calculating (for comparison on the second picture are linear regression value (red) and LSMA - vinins way (lime dots over the red line)

PPS: what might be interesting is to compare it to Donald Dorsey's inertia indicator (attached it here too - it first was described in September 95 issue of Stocks & Commodities magazine) on the 3rd picture. That is the originator of that indicator and it was Dorsey that gave it it's name (as far as I know that is the original inertia indicator).

PPPS: leeb I did not see indicator attached that is why I posted these

regards

mladen

logan113:
Can some please make this indicator because i can't find it on the web.

Inertia = LstSqrMA(RVI)

RVI is well known : Relative Vigor Index, RVI - MQL4 Code Base

Thank's in advance

Thanks alot Mladen.

The lsmarvi crossing 0 is pretty good for entry.

Sorry - forgot to post - have added now, Mladen's indicator looks good and like it is doing the same thing.

A great thank to you two leeb and Mladen, The inertia is was searching is the Donald Dorsey's so thank you again. :)

Mladen Rakic:

Here you go, this is done according to your description. The version that uses linear regression value to alter RVI I was not aware of till now (see details lower on this post of the original inertia indicator)

I am not sure that you are gaining a lot by applying linear regression (or least square MA as some call it) to RVI, since RVI is already using smoothed values in its calculations (see the compared "raw" RVI and linear regression smoothed RVI "LSMA of RVI")

PS: calculation used is vinins way of calculating (for comparison on the second picture are linear regression value (red) and LSMA - vinins way (lime dots over the red line)

PPS: what might be interesting is to compare it to Donald Dorsey's inertia indicator (attached it here too - it first was described in September 95 issue of Stocks & Commodities magazine) on the 3rd picture. That is the originator of that indicator and it was Dorsey that gave it it's name (as far as I know that is the original inertia indicator).

PPPS: leeb I did not see indicator attached that is why I posted these

regards

mladen

Hi mladen, do you have mt5 version dorsey_inertia.mq4 ?