One more average ... - page 27

Upgraded one more average heiken ashi line (bersion with alerts and multi time frame) : One more average heiken ashi_Lines + alerts mtf 2.mq4

Pava:
colors are slightly different...light green - dark green etc...

Yep : and it squeaks when you cal it an RSX

mladen:

profitabl

Just a PS: as far as I am aware of you are the unique user that has issues with those indicators. They are out there for years and so far nobody was complaining that they do not work or that they are having some execution errors - as long as the code was left intact. So, for the sake of simplicity, let us not change what works perfectly well for all these years. No need to fix what does not need to be fixed. If you feel that you can improve something, you are always welcome to do that. But, as I told already : those code parts need no change at all as long as strict mode is not used, so no need to change anything in those particular cases

When we use and post a code in a strict mode, then those parts are changed accordingly (as you can see from such cases) but just to make some changes that will not influence the work of the code at all in the result is hardly what people that are going to use that will feel as an improvement

all the best

Hi again,

I verified what you say is correct. When I either close/re-open MT4 or Compile the indicator from within MetaEditor, the indicator doesn't crash.

And when I try to debug the indicators, the "strict" or whatever behavior kicks in and causes the issues to be caught and terminate.

So for my info, what debugger are you using? And do you know how I can turn off "strict" property in MetaEditor debug sessions to get the old behavior?

Thanks again

profitabl:

Hi again,

I verified what you say is correct. When I either close/re-open MT4 or Compile the indicator from within MetaEditor, the indicator doesn't crash.

And when I try to debug the indicators, the "strict" or whatever behavior kicks in and causes the issues to be caught and terminate.

So for my info, what debugger are you using? And do you know how I can turn off "strict" property in MetaEditor debug sessions to get the old behavior?

Thanks again

profitabl

When I use the debugger, then I use the built in metatrader debugger (there is no other debugger that can debug the mql ex4 files)

As far as I know you can not turn the strict mode in debugger off. Frankly when I want to find an error, I still use the oldest way in town : comments and print where I think that the error might happen

mrtools:
Replaced the Tema in the Sentiment zone oscillator(szo) with the one more average, if you leave ColorsOnSlope = false then you will have the szo to be colored on szo/avg signal cross.

sentiment_zone_oscillator_oma_nrp.mq4

Just a PS: since sentiment zone basic values are +1 and -1, then the adaptive mode does not make too much sense (statistically noise will tend to be 0), in this particular case (just in the case of sentiment zone oscillator) maybe it is better to turn the adaptive off. Here is a comparison : upper is adaptive, lower is not (all the rest of the parameters are default)

Files:
szo_oma_1.png  122 kb

mladen:

Just a PS: since sentiment zone basic values are +1 and -1, then the adaptive mode does not make too much sense (statistically noise will tend to be 0), in this particular case (just in the case of sentiment zone oscillator) maybe it is better to turn the adaptive off. Here is a comparison : upper is adaptive, lower is not (all the rest of the parameters are default)

Hi Mladen

I think I missed these two indicators "Sentiment zone oscillator" both adaptive and non-adaptive ones, however, I just want to guide me for the non-adaptive one link in the lower of the chart

Thanks

talaate:

Hi Mladen

I think I missed these two indicators "Sentiment zone oscillator" both adaptive and non-adaptive ones, however, I just want to guide me for the non-adaptive one link in the lower of the chart

Thanks

Talaat E

Those are both the same indicator (from the quoted post by mrtools)

The adaptive refers to making one more average (oma) adaptive or not in the options. Just change the oma adaptive parameter to have those two compared

talaate:
Thanks Boss it seems I am such lazy person

Aren't we all sometimes

mladen:

profitabl

When I use the debugger, then I use the built in metatrader debugger (there is no other debugger that can debug the mql ex4 files)

As far as I know you can not turn the strict mode in debugger off. Frankly when I want to find an error, I still use the oldest way in town : comments and print where I think that the error might happen

Hi mladen,

Thanks for the info. I was hoping there might be better debugger, but oh well.

The issue/missing step I was having with using the debugger was that it caused a existing indicators to abort on out of array bounds errors they might have. The compiler flagged issues are generally straight forward but finding and fixing all the array issues can be pretty tedious.

But now I realize that to fully exercise code with strict mode issues, I can test to an extent in the debug session (avoiding the array bounds), then compile the code (vs debug) and test the remainder in a normal MT4 session rather than in the debug session. Using print statements also helps as you say.

However any new code I write will definitely be made to work in the debugger (i.e. strict mode), as who knows what will happen compiler wise down the road.

Take care.

profitabl:

Hi mladen,

Thanks for the info. I was hoping there might be better debugger, but oh well.

The issue/missing step I was having with using the debugger was that it caused a existing indicators to abort on out of array bounds errors they might have. The compiler flagged issues are generally straight forward but finding and fixing all the array issues can be pretty tedious.

But now I realize that to fully exercise code with strict mode issues, I can test to an extent in the debug session (avoiding the array bounds), then compile the code (vs debug) and test the remainder in a normal MT4 session rather than in the debug session. Using print statements also helps as you say.

However any new code I write will definitely be made to work in the debugger (i.e. strict mode), as who knows what will happen compiler wise down the road.

Take care.

If you wish to debug it, then use all the usual array control additions. After all. that is exactly the same as in C/C++ and should not cause to much code change