Market Statistics (Volume Histogram, VWAP with SD bands) - page 14

Hi Aktift.

Thanks for this great indicator. I think this is the most reliable indicator. I want to ask you something. why the v4.1 make my metatrader freeze. The v.1 and v.2 are ok.

Best regards

I m not sure mikael. Me and my cubical buddy are not having any problems with 4.1 but if this happens to everybody else then i can double check it.

Akif,

mikael:
Hi Aktift.

Thanks for this great indicator. I think this is the most reliable indicator. I want to ask you something. why the v4.1 make my metatrader freeze. The v.1 and v.2 are ok.

Best regards

Works fine with me.

MT version 4.00 Build 225

i have experienced such problems when i started using these indicators. then i noticed that it was broker related - at least for me. ibfx seemed to worked very well, so i gave up fxpro and broco demo accounts.

i think it also depends how you use them... for instance, if you stick to smaller tfs and don't use a long interval, there shouldn't be any problems at all; but if you want to compute daily, weekly or monthly tfs, then expect serious cpu overload.

i use versions 3 and occasionally 1 on smaller tfs, and everything is going well.

Virgin POC Point of Control

Can someone programm this indicator vpoc.

It is used in ensign forex.

E rich

Version 4.2 is out

I have found another very small bug. ( Actually a possibility of zero division)

So here is v4.2 also with different colors. Now I prefer to use the same color for all positive and negative SD lines. and I changed the color of PVP ( which i m not sure yet cause I am so used to "red PVP" but sometimes it gets mangled with down red bars)

Now we have a new field "label" which is a string prefix added to the indicator objects. This will help to eliminate the problem of having two indicator in one chart deleting each others objects because they have the exact same name. So when you add more than one indicator one one chart. for the second indicator change the indicator label to "Market_Statistics_2" for example.

Enjoy

Akif,

This one deserves the name of v5.0

Ok here is another version which deserves a new number. This one has a sliding window logic for calculation. So you can calculate 1 day statistics whenever you open your chart. It will calculate the statistics using the last 1440 bars on a 1-min chart. And It will automatically slide the starting position when a new bar created. So when you set your zoom level that you can see the whole lines including the startdate vertical line and autoscroll button is pushed.It means that you will never see the startdate vertical line change its position relatively. It will be the prices sliding under the indicator but sure the lines will change continuously.I hope i made it clear.

You can also use float values for the daysBack input. So if you enter 0.5 it will calculate half day statistics.By giving different strings to label fields you can multiple indicators in one chart.

You should figure out the rest.

Enjoy.

Akif,

Testing my friend

Thanks a lot

Tj

Thank you for the update. I will try it.

awesome idea and very good execution!!! it fits perfectly with my trading approach, i have tested it for the last couple of days and i must say that i find it extremely useful.

two thumbs up from me!

akift:
Ok here is another version which deserves a new number. This one has a sliding window logic for calculation. So you can calculate 1 day statistics whenever you open your chart. It will calculate the statistics using the last 1440 bars on a 1-min chart. And It will automatically slide the starting position when a new bar created. So when you set your zoom level that you can see the whole lines including the startdate vertical line and autoscroll button is pushed.It means that you will never see the startdate vertical line change its position relatively. It will be the prices sliding under the indicator but sure the lines will change continuously.I hope i made it clear.

You can also use float values for the daysBack input. So if you enter 0.5 it will calculate half day statistics.By giving different strings to label fields you can multiple indicators in one chart.

You should figure out the rest.

Enjoy.

Akif,