Market Statistics (Volume Histogram, VWAP with SD bands) - page 20

No histogram in the left

akift:
Hi Laurus Sliding window versions of Market Statistics doesnt have an histogram because they are not calculating incrementally. Previous versions are calculating those lines incrementally(adding up new data) so we can plot an histogram.

Thank you very much for your reply Akift. Just before I read your answer I found out that the solution in my case was the version 5

I have started reading the comments in the single posts for each version, and together with my experience with the version 5 I have to say you have done a really impressive work with these indicators. I get the principle and are going to do a real thorough study.

Again thank you very much and for sharing your work

Scrat:
awesome idea and very good execution!!! it fits perfectly with my trading approach, i have tested it for the last couple of days and i must say that i find it extremely useful. two thumbs up from me!

Could you share how you use this version 5 to your trading please. I am starting to trade with it and need to see how to best use it.

Hi handson,

Yes you are right. It is based on volume. Sorry that I got you wrong.

In the attached file you can find the Market Profile indicator that I found somewhere.

Still you can not set the start and end date but it is better than your version imo.

Maybe later I will try to modify it but cant promise it will happen soon.

Take care.

Akif,

handson:
Hi akift,

isn't the MSv3 indicator based on volume? At least I have somewhat different PoC's than with a common market profile indicator which is based on price and time (TPO).

Taking price and time makes more sense to me as the provided volume in the forex retail market is not reliable at all.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Akif,

I have this indicator too (without the white box moda; what is it acutally?).

I've posted the previous indicator because it's the only one I've found which doesn't calculate a new session every day.

I'm looking forward to your modification. There is a lack of good market profile indicators for metatrader.

Kindly regards

Handson

There is an interesting article and there are formulas for VWAP Channel in S&C magazine July issue: TRADERS’ TIPS - July 2010 the channel looks pretty accurate in sideway markets.

Files:
ttfig11.gif  31 kb

during weekends, usually, I will do some coding

or

over-fitting the chart with one of my many template

I found out that , for 30M cad/jpy chart on yesterday (friday)

I can't even find one template that fit into its -- esp non repaint, prediction ones

that is very interesting

-- the stats are like that, at the end of the day

market stotistics

Hi Akift,

I think it is the best indicator without repainting.

I combined two indicators:

1. Market statistics _ v7 (20,5,1) on 1 MIN use only VWAP

2. Market statistics_ v6 (1,200,0.005 1MIN use only PVP

I think this is holy grail.

Erich

Hi erich,

Actually you are right. v7 doesnt have PVP. Thats its weakness.

But in your case at least use 0.0138 in v6 so you will be using nearly same number of bars (0.0138*1440=19.872 nearly 20)

erich:
Hi Akift,

I think it is the best indicator without repainting.

I combined two indicators:

1. Market statistics _ v7 (20,5,1) on 1 MIN use only VWAP

2. Market statistics_ v6 (1,200,0.005 1MIN use only PVP

I think this is holy grail.

Erich

market statistics

Thanks Akift,

In Market Statistics_v7 is better to use (10,5,1) the signal is more acurate.

Market statistics_v6 (1,200,0.0138)

Erich

Vwap pvp

Hi Akift,

Market Statistics_v6 on 1 Min (1,200,0.0118) will give much better and precise signal than 0.00138 with combination market statistics_v7(20,5,1).

Erich