Promising EA - page 2

broker differencies

Hi pete, maybe for help, you'll find attached two charts, one on the left is IBFX, second on the right is Alpari, EA don't trade at same time on both, results on Alpari are not good.

cheers,

Greg

Files:

updated backdata

gregart:
Hi pete, maybe for help, you'll find attached two charts, one on the left is IBFX, second on the right is Alpari, EA don't trade at same time on both, results on Alpari are not good.

cheers,

Greg

I have updated the backdata getting 90% modelling quality now, results are even better!! check out the attached.

about alpari, its been a while i havent used their software, i will download it and try to see why is that difference - i have to say i am not a coding pro, so i will just try btw i am using interbank. if any of the coders come across this thread and knows what might be the reason for the discrepancy between ibfx and alpari data, pls post.

anyway, i have changed the SAR to (step 0.001) and added the Daily Pivot to filter entries, ive done some manual speculative trading, entries are looking better..lets see what would the end results be!! i will post the amended EA hopefully by tomorrow and will discuss!

take care,

cheers!

Files:

backtests improvement

Hi pete, thanks for share, good job, I am anxious to know how you will use pivots for filter entries.

I have some suggestions for backtests, I think it can be interesting to make an external set on your EA for steps of SAR and DeM set, like that we can run optimisation with this settings too.

I like for my personal use to have an maximum account size cause as you said, objectif is to withdrwal profits regulary, what do you think to have an max account size on external setting ? or something like that if you have an idea about that.

thanks

Greg

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this EA,

Here is a modified version and a backtesting result :

Get Lucky

funyoo:
Hello,

Thanks for sharing this EA,

Here is a modified version and a backtesting result :

Get Lucky

Hi funyoo,

thanks for working on this EA.. i will follow you there, u too Greg!!

Does this EA hedge? Just wondering of it can be used with USA brokers.

Hi all, regarding some losses on previous years, i had test to hedge on the break of previous daily hight or low bar and it seems interesting, if the EA could have this option, we could backtest.

the difficulty is to find the good setting for hedge, I think it can be interesting to wait for the end of an H4 candle or maybe Daily, but a little bit late, and make the hedge if the candle closed above or below the previous daily hight or low (with buffer), same thing for next orders, the stop of this hedge orders must be at BE, but the EA must follow to trade like before whitout change, the hedge is only for decrease risk and DD.

cheers

Greg

see here an example: Trading System Forex