Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 39

Rob II

Hey thanks, I'm going to try that code and will get back to you, thanks!!

Right now I have started backtesting testing with historical downloaded data so I can REALLY test the small backtest that I posted here that should get us in the ballpark of where we want to be.

Take a look at how the scans are going

Here are over $even million reasons why I love this EA!!lol ~

These scans which now cover YEARS take hours to do, but they also allow me to formulate into my settings all the twists and turns of the market. So needless to say, yes I'm very pleased working in these downloaded historical data charts with modeling quality at 90%!!!

I'll be posting again soon, I want to spend some time doing historical yearly scans. So far everything is going to plan ~

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!

Chart ~

chartwalker:
Right now I have started backtesting testing with historical downloaded data so I can REALLY test the small backtest that I posted here that should get us in the ballpark of where we want to be.

Good work, Chart. I usually test '08 and '09, since both years were very

tough on Blessing. All you really need are time periods where there is

massive trending. These two years have plenty of that, and then some.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
Good work, Chart. I usually test '08 and '09, since both years were very

tough on Blessing. All you really need are time periods where there is

massive trending. These two years have plenty of that, and then some.

Rob

Hi Rob, -what do you think of this?...

This is a test from 1999 to present.

In 2007 it had some rough trading, and at the beginning of 2008 it took a dump, but then traded rather well I think...

Keep in mind this is a raw setting or "ballpark" setting from before, I haven't tweaked on it yet...

Can this be right????

Now the modeling quality is almost 90% and this setting produced 52 Million dollars in 10 years?... -gulp ~

Did I do something wrong?...

I gotta run some more tests and find out 2 things, 1) WHY did it crap out at the beginning of 2008, and 2) HOW do I fix it!!

Dang I think I'm close everybody

Chart ~

chartwalker:
Hi Rob, -what do you think of this?... This is a test from 1999 to present.

Actually, it's quite amazing. I have run hundreds of

backtests on Blessing and two things stand out with

your test. First, the long/short winning percentages

are much higher than I've seen. Typical percentages

with standard Blessing are usually around 62-65%.

Yours are in the 80s. Second, the consecutive win/loss

ratio of 11:2 is much higher than standard.

Looks like you are on to something.

Rob

pudseybear:
Chart

This is amazing. Even Rob's impressed and hes been using Blessing for quite awhile.

Thanks for info on back testing, will have to learn to do it. But I hope I'm on your list when you find the final jigsaw piece.

I think it behooves us to really test this out, because I

have never seen such low DD on any Blessing backtest.

I've been able to get it down to less than 10% over a

two-year period, but only with one pair and ultra-tweaked

settings.

If these new settings prove to be effective on a live account, I could see a lot or people quitting their day

jobs!(myself, included).

I am going to run a group of tests this weekend with

the smooth and aggressive M5 versions and will report

back to the forum after completion.

Rob

Eurchf M5 backtest results

Sorry to say that I could not get this version to pass

my '08/'09 test period. I tried EPs from 10%-50% with

no success. It crashed every time. Even with a $10K

balance trading dimes at .01 lots, it would not pass.

I even deleted the .hst files and re-downloaded fresh

data, but I got the same results. Don't know why I

can't duplicate the results posted in this thread. Perhaps

someone else can chime in.

Rob

Alpha version: - Blessing with double Stochastic (untested )

Here it is, I have not tested it properly.

Version ...MOD3.2:

includes 2nd confirmation stochastic with time frame parameter.

so besides setting stoch values as you do for MOD3. 3.2 has inputs for stoch2 + stoch2 timeframe.

Hope this is what you wanted. Let me know if it works or what other change you may want. this version also has the confirmation MA (i.e 2 MAs).

I also added a few more display values to the chart (i.e. last open order, lots size)...hoping to work on improving the BE logic to scalp a bit.

Cheers

jepm

I'm wondering what has happened to jepm.

I was really looking forward to his new non martingale ea he was developing.

Blessing with Locking BE and TrailingStop

here is my version with a Profitlock and a TrailingStop. Now we have the potential to get even more pips if it retraces strong enough

@Chartwalker: i would appreciate if you could tweak this version. I'm not able to reproduce your results on Activtrades. Maybe you could give me a hint about your settings. i used your 5 Min aggressive version for EUSCHF on EURUSD as i suggested you did just the same.

Offset: number of Pips where you lock the GridTakeprofit. It will lock at GridTakeprofit plus Offset via Stoploss at 'Lastopenprice + GridTakeprofit'. If you want to use it you have to define a Trailingstop and a Profitfactor (PF) bigger than 1. I suggest a PF of 4.

so everyone should give it a try and tweak

Rob II

RConcu:
here is my version with a Profitlock and a TrailingStop. Now we have the potential to get even more pips if it retraces strong enough

@Chartwalker: i would appreciate if you could tweak this version. I'm not able to reproduce your results on Activtrades. Maybe you could give me a hint about your settings. i used your 5 Min aggressive version for EUSCHF on EURUSD as i suggested you did just the same.

Offset: number of Pips where you lock the GridTakeprofit. It will lock at GridTakeprofit plus Offset via Stoploss at 'Lastopenprice + GridTakeprofit'. If you want to use it you have to define a Trailingstop and a Profitfactor (PF) bigger than 1. I suggest a PF of 4.

so everyone should give it a try and tweak

Rob II

We need a couple more posts from you, so your attachment

will become activated.

Rob