Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 26

Bollinger

Hi jepm,

I have noticed the Blessing 5.2 Bollinger is placing orders inside the bands, before the price crosses one of the bands.

Do you know why, and how we can prevent that happening? It could make a difference of 20 to 30 pips in our favor.

Best Regards

George

Files:
bollinger.gif  20 kb

I am test the BBstoch1 since yesterday. Let's see how it goes over the coming weekend.

ganapati:
Hi Jepm,

Since I've tested your "Blessing2 v5.2 BB" and "Blessing2 v5.2 BBStoch1" version for a while. Those are very good.

I would like to ask for your favour.

In your logic, "buy" option is enableed if the currency drop thru the BB and "sell" option is vise versa.

However, in these days, EUR/USD and other USD-correlated currency pairs

all have a big jump (rise). And These two version of EA opened "sell" orders.

It looks very risky since those price goes higher and higher.

I wonder if you could make a minor revision for the logic, such as big rise as

"buy" and big drop as "sell", that when EA's signal is triggered.

That is, "Buy" change to "Sell", "Sell" change to "Buy" when signal is triggered.

Or could you tell me where I could revise it by myself.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ganapati

Ganapati, I will post the EA with an option to "Follow the Trend = true" that will do just what you want, it will do the opposite of what it does now. Now it is a Counter-Trend.

Please dont use the EA on live account until you test on Demo Account.

Cheers mate,

jepm

georgedim:
Hi jepm,

I have noticed the Blessing 5.2 Bollinger is placing orders inside the bands, before the price crosses one of the bands.

Do you know why, and how we can prevent that happening? It could make a difference of 20 to 30 pips in our favor.

Best Regards

George

Hello George,

Check on the Bollinger settings, use Period = 15 and Deviations = 2 (i think i use 15 or 14 in the EA, you can check on the code, so you have the same Period number)

I see from your SS that you are using the EA on M30, that may be another reason, use it on H1 and look to see if it still opens trades inside the Bands.

Regards,

jepm

Bollinger

jepm:
Hello George,

Check on the Bollinger settings, use Period = 15 and Deviations = 2 (i think i use 15 or 14 in the EA, you can check on the code, so you have the same Period number)

I see from your SS that you are using the EA on M30, that may be another reason, use it on H1 and look to see if it still opens trades inside the Bands.

Regards,

jepm

Yes, Bollinger 15 follows the price pattern better then 20.

Thanks jepm

Hi jepm,

I noticed that u have try out 10 difference currency pairs with BB & stoch Blessing..

Can you share what is the finding?

Which pair is more profitable...?

Are you using all H1?

i noticed that EURGBP & USDJPY not so suitable for this EA...

Georgedim, what settings did you use in your recent post where you displayed your results? How come your EA bought Eurusd when everyone else has been selling?

Thanks in advance

jepm:
Hello George,

Regards,

jepm

Is AutoCalPeriod = 15?

I cant find Deviation in setting..pls help...

Great stuff Ganapati

I'm waiting for jepm masterpiece as well

ganapati:
Hi Jepm,

I do believe a Martingale strategy integrate with "Trend" will be a very

powerful EA. I believe you could make it.

I am waiting for your masterpiece of new EA. :-)

Ganapati

Excellent idea. I have always said that most of the EAs like blessing or pipmaker would do far better if they went with the trend rather than against it. Drawdown would be pretty low. The only problem is that the market ranges more than trends so you would not have many trades - but when you did, you'd lock in a substantial sum!

ganapati:
Hi Jepm,

That's excellent!

Actually, I've tried to revise your code.

Something like:

--------------------------------------------------------

// the following line is original

// if (Close[0] < bdx && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,0,1) < 20 && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,1,1) < 20){

// the following line is revised

if (Close[0] > bux && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,0,1) < 20 && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,1,1) < 20){

if (cbs==0) {

if (tp2 >= 10) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lot,Ask,0,buysl,Ask+tp2*Point,TradeComment,magic,0,Blue);

return;

}

}

// the following line is original

// if (Close[0] > bux && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,0,1) > 80 && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,1,1) > 80){

// the following line is revised

if (Close[0] 80 && iStochastic(NULL,0,per_K,per_D,slow,MODE_LWMA,1,1,1) > 80){

if (css==0) {

if (tp2 >= 10) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,0,sellsl,Bid-tp2*Point,TradeComment,magic,0,Red);

return;

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works but I am not sure if it work properly.

I do believe a Martingale strategy integrate with "Trend" will be a very

powerful EA. I believe you could make it.

I am waiting for your masterpiece of new EA. :-)

Ganapati