MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 17

GreatYves:
I don't think this beta was to be released, because i didn't see any official link, we had to go true this unknown metafx.hu web sit in order to find it.

The beta was officially posted today by MetaQuotes: http://www.metaquotes.ru/files/mt5setup.exe

miranon:
The beta was officially posted today by MetaQuotes: http://www.metaquotes.ru/files/mt5setup.exe

Thanks for the link! Looking forward to checking it out..

michal:
There is no single EA example for trading. How can I test the backtester? Well, is this a real end of the metaqquotes?

Don't worry about backtesting your EAs, MT5 doesn't have strategy tester.

How can I write and put an EA in MQL5 if I can't test it? come on, metaquotes guys!

marcelcorzo:
Don't worry about backtesting your EAs, MT5 doesn't have strategy tester. How can I write and put an EA in MQL5 if I can't test it? come on, metaquotes guys!

Actually, you can thank the NFA for that. I "think" Metaquotes plans to release a separate piece of software for EA testing, but not 100% sure about that. If not, I'm sure that a 3rd party product will show up.

Linuxser:
Come on guys, we can make better for good or bad) for this release.

Nobody take note of new SSL certification check up after registration? what do you look for?

For good:

Several indicators has been added to default setup. But mostly as examples.

New time frames it's cool and best improvement.

Installer works great on Vista and also support Windows 7.

News can be set by language.

Market Depth

New way to set parameters on indicators.

For bad:

Layout wastes a lot of priceless screen space.

Zooming keeps sucking as with MT4. You can have several zoom levels like too big, too really big and too small

More indicators can be added on default setup. 60/100 at least and original by metaquotes and same features like harden coded ones

Fill Policy

Several objects added (check Elliot waves) and now with time filter

It's me or ADX is still with bad code? and MACD still SMA? Hey developers, please, somebody take a look to bug database.

However I don't understand why this release isn't marked as beta or RC.

This is just my first look.

Yeah, so far 2 thumbs way down for MT5. I know that they are making boat loads of money (I know what IBFX was paying for their license). Why can't they at least fix the existing bugs from MT4? Oddly enough, the MT5 Server software has many cool improvements, lol...

Ohhh, my...

If you buy for example 1 lot at 1.30, and buy another lot at 1.50, then your result is 2 lots at 1.40 (the price is averaged).. Bye bye gridding or martingale (as they are known).

And if you sell 2 lots on the same pair, buy position is closed... bye bye hedging...

Is it my impression or Metaquotes & brokers ltd. don't want traders use profitable systems?

Otherwise, I tried to compile my MT4 EA and got 103 errors... There is a lot of work to do... At this point I think it's better to learn a new programming language with a platform that let me hedge or grid or martingale...

Well, I'm gonna share with you my new MT5 strategy:

- When you get 5 lines in Tetris, buy 1 lot.

- When you get 10 lines, buy 2 lots.

- When you get 15 lines, buy 3 lots... and so on. Remember to use Smart Money Management.

At least they bring us the Tetris EA... otherwise we could be lost...

marcelcorzo:
Ohhh, my...

If you buy for example 1 lot at 1.30, and buy another lot at 1.50, then your result is 2 lots at 1.40 (the price is averaged).. Bye bye gridding or martingale (as they are known).

And if you sell 2 lots on the same pair, buy position is closed... bye bye hedging...

Is it my impression or Metaquotes & brokers ltd. don't want traders use profitable systems?

Otherwise, I tried to compile my MT4 EA and got 103 errors... There is a lot of work to do... At this point I think it's better to learn a new programming language with a platform that let me hedge or grid or martingale...

Well, I'm gonna share with you my new MT5 strategy:

- When you get 5 lines in Tetris, buy 1 lot.

- When you get 10 lines, buy 2 lots.

- When you get 15 lines, buy 3 lots... and so on. Remember to use Smart Money Management.

At least they bring us the Tetris EA... otherwise we could be lost...

Yeah, I hate to pay for charting, BUT it's seems that a premium solution might be the best way to go (if this is the direction that Metaquotes continues to follow). I had high hopes for MT5, but so far they haven't even come close.

Enforcer:
That's because previous orders was in loss. When open new order profit or loss of previous order is automatically deducted.

I understand it.

But I did not close previous order.

I still do not understand why it was deducted from balance ..

well.

because ... for example ...

-5 + 4 = -1.

So, keep -1 as an equity.

But they closed -5 (in balance) and wanted to keep +4 ...

I do not see any logic ...

But I opened 3 orders.

And they closed 2 ...

But from Lenar's explanation (first post) I understand that those trades are summarized ... but seems they are simple deducted from the balance ...

If I open 100 trades so my deposit will be zero because of that?

Because balance is the balance.

Who can take the money from balance?

- I myself (trading etc).

- Broker based on the agreement (spread, margin call etc).

May be I do not understand something ...

Linuxser:
...It's me or ADX is still with bad code? and MACD still SMA? Hey developers, please, somebody take a look to bug database. ...

ADX itself is still the same as the one from metatrader 4. They added ADXW (ADX Wilder) which is more or less what it should be (they still deviate from Wilders original (in the way how Wilder finds the true range), but just slightly this time, so we might call it OK)

And yes, you are right about MACD - still SMA for signal

PS: attached MACD as it should be (just a quick one this time, signal line calculated as ema, and some little changes in the code - it seems that a lot of coding is waiting on us)