My 'time pattern' idea - page 3

thanks

mrwobbles:
I must admit I haven't read massively on the subject of trading specific sessions thou I have heard them mentioned several times (researching it is 2nd on my to do list after passing my exams). Anyway I found this code in the phoenixEA that has a nice trade from-until function that lets you specify 4 time periods to trade in. ......]

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the advice, examples and questions.

Well, these days I was testing the 'flattening' of the markets, which didn't happen at the end of the month, and lost some money. The reversals are scarce these days and this strong EUR movement seems without end. But my original idea is for early trade beforeLondon opens.

So my idea is stated on the first page.

Anyway it is so simple , that it doesn't take any candles, Fibos, trends , etc into consideration !! Just time . Open small orders at 06:35 06:40 07:35 07:45 GMT . I am looking at a short MA , like 10-15 , and if the price is above - sell. If below - buy

Simple uh? Simple, because I believe these Euro-Japanese bankers are tired or sleepy and it really is volatile time Problem is when these times , which I mentioned, don't coincide with a reversal, or retraction or whatever..

So small Stop Loss of about 15 , TP about 30-50. Good thing here is that in this 1:10 hour time the price can move around, and you might have two/four opposite orders with 10-15 pips between them. So that's a 'locked' profit.

Or 'locked' loss which is rare. I use trailing stop to exit with a profit after 0800 GMT.

If anyone can help me with writing an EA, so we can test the method, it will be great! Me and a friend are testing something, small EA, shows small profits My demo account shows the same. But I really don't have time for real test and refinement. I work full time and even more....

And about other methods like trend/reversal, news trading after 08:30GMT, and further complications - they might be helpful, but not in line with my simplicity . And yes, I can admit that the last week my 'system' was quite at loss. Strong trend , as I said. So don't blame me, or anyone, who is just trying to develop some idea, which of course is good for particular time or moment of the day.

On the attached picture you will see an example of what I mean. So it happens every day , just the time is different! The red ticks are 06:40 and 07:40 GMT. A SL hit me , so I opened another order higher. Guess you can see why ! Yellow MA is 10 or 11 for E/U. In April it was totally profitable. After this - not so much, not many reversals happen.

Good Luck. Any ideas are welcome! Any MQ4 code will be digested.

Files:
eur8.gif  18 kb

that would be cool

if we know

when will be the high probability of breakout and reversal

for cross-currency

( theoretically, cross-currency trend should be more stable than main currency e.g. aussi-kiwi dollar, only 1 breakout per day )

JangoFet:
Hi man , thanks for the tip.

This guy is just talking without a sense?!

check this out Mp -- 350 Pips Daily And All The Ice Cream You Can Eat ! - Page 180 @ Forex Factory

Pauluk, can you kindly point me where you found this idea, the timing intervals? I will go crazy if I read everything... I read pages 1-5 , 101-105, 179-184 , I feel sick, really.

Thanks.

And may be next step is to think of an EA, but I don't have coding experience...

Good Luck all.

JangoFet,

The thread title "time pattern idea" caught my curiousity. Now you're getting there, the steak & lobster, the fun stuff, the real world of trading the market. I did not know about the thread you're referring to at Forex Factory as I now seldom go to forums so I followed your link. Anyhow, before you really get sick on this guy (if you're referring to mparker) whom you believed was just talking without sense, at least reread one of his posts here: Forex Factory - View Single Post - Mp -- 350 Pips Daily And All The Ice Cream You Can Eat !. Even if you were not referring to mparker, at least, read between the lines of that one post. I have not read the whole thread and will not attempt to.

BTW, please accept my apology if I have misread your post. I will definitely follow your thread at this forum.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

sorry guys

Hi again

Thank you friendly people for your interest in my , I realise, too simple idea. Way toooooo simple. Prone to errors. And of course now, these few months I don't see any reason why I should trade this particularly dangerous hour <:-)

I made my EA. And I ran some tests. Awful. Shame on me.

I am most certain that this ' oscillations or jerks ...' are just a coincidence.

----

During tha months March and April I think , there was some reversal at the specified times. The EA showed some profit. After this - horrible results. And real trade didn't help either

So I trashed everything, and started trading after news , and after market open times and I made profit. Now I am a day trader, with pocket computer , easy money, why bother with stupid fake Japanese and early Europen fake movements??? I was really naive!

Now - THERE IS a reversal time , at about 12:30 - 13:30 GMT, maybe be even to 14:30 , and we all know the reason . So, I guess I should write another 3-5 posts to summarise my new, and dearly paid experience, and turn this topis into something more profitable - like 09-12:30 and then 14:00 - 17:00 trading hours.

--------

One small tip: Night (Japanese) forex market is such a mess , you can open 10 arbitrary positions and put trailing stops at each and you will have all them closed with small profit in the morning. I will try it when I pile up some money But as I said I want to trade seriously, and only during the day, and without loss of $$$!! So day trade will be it.

Any opinions are very welcome !

JangoFet:
Hi again

Thank you friendly people for your interest in my , I realise, too simple idea. Way toooooo simple. Prone to errors. And of course now, these few months I don't see any reason why I should trade this particularly dangerous hour <:-)

I made my EA. And I ran some tests. Awful. Shame on me.

I am most certain that this ' oscillations or jerks ...' are just a coincidence.

----

During tha months March and April I think , there was some reversal at the specified times. The EA showed some profit. After this - horrible results. And real trade didn't help either

So I trashed everything, and started trading after news , and after market open times and I made profit. Now I am a day trader, with pocket computer , easy money, why bother with stupid fake Japanese and early Europen fake movements??? I was really naive!

Now - THERE IS a reversal time , at about 12:30 - 13:30 GMT, maybe be even to 14:30 , and we all know the reason . So, I guess I should write another 3-5 posts to summarise my new, and dearly paid experience, and turn this topis into something more profitable - like 09-12:30 and then 14:00 - 17:00 trading hours.

--------

One small tip: Night (Japanese) forex market is such a mess , you can open 10 arbitrary positions and put trailing stops at each and you will have all them closed with small profit in the morning. I will try it when I pile up some money But as I said I want to trade seriously, and only during the day, and without loss of $$$!! So day trade will be it.

Any opinions are very welcome !

That is a nice post, indeed. That is why I think everyone should try and build an EA for his/her system: not exactly to use it, but to put it to test even before forward manual tests! An EA can prove a system wrong in minutes, while testing it manually could take years!

As I posted before, I could not find any suitable time-related method yet and a lot of time systems out there (even in books, like I said in another post on IGROK) are just not profitable. But I also think that time-related method exists. Keep the thread going with your discoveries.

as quoted

I live in the aussie time zone, so I do always read the false signal, esp my local time 13:00 to 14:00 (can't remember the GMT equivalent)

any suggestion of safe currency pair ??

(as I scare of NEWS ), they make it JUMP and could lost pip spread if just DOUBLE CLICK to go in

so I use currency pair, to avoid the NEWS -- put pressure on sudden move on USD related majors

recently, I enter using LIMIT ORDER (i.e. set a LEVEL to go in)-- usually just around 5 pip more or less -- this way, quite suitable to me, I could rethink , I could get rid of pip spread once I enter

I want to have some cool method for M5 time frame , each time , gain about 10 to 20 pip on cross-currency pair ??

if someone got some suggestion , please put the DIG here, as picture is better than HUNDRED words

ooh, I dump all my old template too , only pick few templates and indicator that I can trust , so I love the stmt - So I trashed everything,