Communication between Metatrader and Excel

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is, I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Basically, I want to be able to plot real-time data, in Metatrader, that is in an Excel file (which will be opened, and constantly updating). I really have no idea how this could be done, but if it was possible to plot an updating graph, using data within a MQL5 script, then perhaps I could use a DLL or something to pass the data as required.

So first basic question: Can Metatrader plot data, on a graph, that is stored within a MQL5 program. If that is possible (and I can figure out how to do it), I can probably do most of the rest myself (though any extra help would be great).

Steven

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Running MQL5 Program Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Perhaps an easier way of asking this:

How can I create a custom symbol, using my own data.

Steven

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events - Documentation on MQL5

It is impossible at the moment. But you can make a custom indicator which shows your Symbol from txt-file. See sample ColorCandlesDaily

That's a shame. However, I think I would be able to do what I want by using an indicator as shown. Thanks for the information.

Steven