Help with 5 digit pricing - page 4

df0132:
Hi All

No, it seems not to open any trades on a 5 digit broker ( I tried on two different ones)...One thing I noticed is that the comments now repeat over and over...Not sure if this would have anything to do with it....I just turned them off to make the issue go away.

Thanks for adding the slippage as well!!!

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the order to open in a 5 digit broker?...it works great on a 4 digit broker...(I have double checked all of the EA settings in Metatrader to make sure they are active)

Daryl

trendbreakea.mq4

Daryl,

This would be the first time that code didn't fix the 5 digit problem by any chance are these 5 digit brokers Ecn or Stp brokers. And if you find a fix would be very interested in what was causing the problem.

mrtools:
Daryl, This would be the first time that code didn't fix the 5 digit problem by any chance are these 5 digit brokers Ecn or Stp brokers. And if you find a fix would be very interested in what was causing the problem.

Hmm..not sure really!...I had a look on the net and found the following in a forum "GoMarkets switched from retail to ECN broker just in the beginning of June. Since then they do allow all EA (before that scalping was not allowed ). ...so I am assuming they are an ECN. Is that good or bad?

I have used other EA's on metatrader with these brokers and had no problems.

Any Ideas from here?

Regards

Daryl

mrtools:
Daryl, This would be the first time that code didn't fix the 5 digit problem by any chance are these 5 digit brokers Ecn or Stp brokers. And if you find a fix would be very interested in what was causing the problem.

mrtools you are right!..I have tried a few different MT4 brokers with 5 digits and have found one that the EA works on...So your code is correct! So is ECN or STP brokers both no good for this EA ?

I don't know what the problem might be with the brokers. Could you quickly explain what the difference is and how some EA's work and this one doesn't?

....and now the question I am dreading!!. So this EA would be unable to be used on my broker!?! Hopefully there is a fix somehow!

Your help has been greatly appreciated.

Regards

Daryl

No SL or TP for ECN's

df0132:
mrtools you are right!..I have tried a few different MT4 brokers with 5 digits and have found one that the EA works on...So your code is correct! So is ECN or STP brokers both no good for this EA ?

I don't know what the problem might be with the brokers. Could you quickly explain what the difference is and how some EA's work and this one doesn't?

....and now the question I am dreading!!. So this EA would be unable to be used on my broker!?! Hopefully there is a fix somehow!

Regards

Daryl

Hi Dayrl,

One problem may be that ECN's requires orders be sent with NO StopLoss or TakeProfit in the initial order.

After the trade order is placed, you then modify the SL and TP...

In your case, your EA always sends a SL and TP with the trade order.

Secondly, I would suggest re-doing your Comments and add more Print lines to trace your code.

Right now the Comments only come up when a specific condition is met... The Comments should be displayed all the time so you can see your code working, and there are no Print lines in the logs to find out what's happening. Especially add the Print lines in your Buy/Sell logic areas. I don't see the conditions being met.

When I "forced" the Comments to display...they filled up the chart and ran off the screen (they do not refresh, but it keeps adding more Comment lines), so your Comments need to be re-done so they refresh in the same spot.

Hope this helps,

Robert

df0132:

Regards

Daryl

Daryl,

Now the Ea should be Ecn compatible and work on any digit broker.One question though are you manually drawing the trend lines or do you have indicator to draw them?

mrtools:
Daryl, Now the Ea should be Ecn compatible and work on any digit broker.One question though are you manually drawing the trend lines or do you have indicator to draw them?

Gee how frustrating!...I appreciate everyone's efforts helping here!

I tested it with my broker (GoMarkets in australia) and it still doesn't activate trades...It does work on other 5 digit brokers from overseas though. GoMarkets allows you to place manual trades with or without stoploss and take profits included.

With this EA the idea is to manually draw in one or two trendlines and then name them Long (at a resistance line) or Short (at a support line) and if price breaks through it will place an order...

TradeInside option allows you to place orders if price bounces off your support or resistance trendlines and TradeOutside means a breakout through the trendline.

Hope this helps solve the problem!!

Regards

Daryl

df0132:
Gee how frustrating!...I appreciate everyone's efforts helping here!

I tested it with my broker (GoMarkets in australia) and it still doesn't activate trades...It does work on other 5 digit brokers from overseas though. GoMarkets allows you to place manual trades with or without stoploss and take profits included.

With this EA the idea is to manually draw in one or two trendlines and then name them Long (at a resistance line) or Short (at a support line) and if price breaks through it will place an order...

TradeInside option allows you to place orders if price bounces off your support or resistance trendlines and TradeOutside means a breakout through the trendline.

Hope this helps solve the problem!!

Regards

Daryl

I understand what this EA trying to do perfectly, however with what it's coded now, I don't think it can work with any broker.

There are a few lines that did not covert pip value to a real price value. The idea about solving 5 digits and ECN is correct.

This now will only work if you put pip limit to zero then it bypass that problem.

If it's me, I will definitely change the way comments works now, it doesn't offer any value.

I just changed the code and it works with GoMarket and should work with others, but I don't have time to change the comment now, will send a revised code if you want that to do done.

This is coded in a way you have to have both lines for this to work.

Christina

Forgot to attach the files last post.

Files:

christinaLi:
I understand what this EA trying to do perfectly, however with what it's coded now, I don't think it can work with any broker.

There are a few lines that did not covert pip value to a real price value. The idea about solving 5 digits and ECN is correct.

This now will only work if you put pip limit to zero then it bypass that problem.

If it's me, I will definitely change the way comments works now, it doesn't offer any value.

I just changed the code and it works with GoMarket and should work with others, but I don't have time to change the comment now, will send a revised code if you want that to do done.

Christina

Hi Christina

Thank you for your input!! ..I am not experienced enough to see the errors and appreciate the efforts that you and other people are making. I cant thank you all enough!!!

Yes the comments are doing some crazy stuff now...They used to work ok..but have gone crazy somehow...I have spent hours looking over the code and cant see what is going wrong. ...The comments don't really add any value at all!..I have turned the option off for the time being.

I look forward to having a look at your changes to try understand it!

Thanks

Daryl

christinaLi:

Christina

Hi Christina

Thank you for your help!!

I see what you mean ...and need to take piplimit to zero to make it work...I have no idea what is going on there!

Yes I agree, the comments are not really of any value...and probably should be left out.

I originally tried to modify the code to make the order to Buy/Sell happen after the bar that broke the trendline had closed. Eg. to open sell order if price moved lower than the low of the bar that broke through the trendline.

Could you be able to do that code?...I am unable to write that code.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Daryl