Lets Get Real - page 5

To save a chart as a pic for posting here just right click on the chart and select Save as Picture, click the bottom button and set the size to 1024 X 550. Your chart will then be just the right size for your post.

I am happy to see anyone posting charts showing their trades. Statements are fine too. It is really cool to know that it is helping someone to share this. Keep posting!

By the way has anyone tried trading with the scripts? Has it helped?

Great System!

radatats:
To save a chart as a pic for posting here just right click on the chart and select Save as Picture, click the bottom button and set the size to 1024 X 550. Your chart will then be just the right size for your post.

I am happy to see anyone posting charts showing their trades. Statements are fine too. It is really cool to know that it is helping someone to share this. Keep posting!

By the way has anyone tried trading with the scripts? Has it helped?

Hey Rad, nice to hear from you. You probably read my prior posts. I have been trading your system live and you were right on with your vision. It makes quite a difference, at least for me, to have the ability to work with 1 hr candles. So far I have 5 out of 5 profitable trades using your system with other 1 hr charts for confirmation of the trend. It seems now I can break my trades down to smaller 1 hr t/fs instead of trying to analyize the entire chart. It works!

Yea, sorry about the HUGE chart. I will take your advice. Also in a prior post one of the members suggested that we only post text info for you and not charts. If that was correct, I guess I misunderstood I thought you wanted all input.

About your scripts, I trade with 2 accounts FXCM (not MT4) and IBFX. I used your scripts with IBFX MT4 and it was successful, but I primarily use FXCM because I get faster executions and have had no re-quotes (yet).

Could you explain how you use the TEXT relative to the BUY ZONE?

Also caught a few pips on this setup.

Thanks again and regards,

Cigarguy

Files:

Nice job! Glad it works for you too!! Charts are fine. It would be helpful to see the actual trade on the chart. What you can do if you like, is after the trade is finished, you can go to the Account History tab in the terminal and left click on the trade line. Hold it down and drag it onto the right chart. It will place a an arrow at the entry and exit with a dotted line connecting them and also show the stop and take profit settings.

As for the text part of the BZ the large white numbers are the open price for the hour, the blue and red numbers are the long and short entry prices respectively. The green number is the greatest number of pips attained long for the hour and the scarlet is the greatest number of pips short for the hour.

Dunno how helpful it really is but it sure is aggravating to see it at 59 when you didn't take the trade!!

radatats:
Nice job! Glad it works for you too!! Charts are fine. It would be helpful to see the actual trade on the chart. What you can do if you like, is after the trade is finished, you can go to the Account History tab in the terminal and left click on the trade line. Hold it down and drag it onto the right chart. It will place a an arrow at the entry and exit with a dotted line connecting them and also show the stop and take profit settings.

As for the text part of the BZ the large white numbers are the open price for the hour, the blue and red numbers are the long and short entry prices respectively. The green number is the greatest number of pips attained long for the hour and the scarlet is the greatest number of pips short for the hour.

Dunno how helpful it really is but it sure is aggravating to see it at 59 when you didn't take the trade!!

Yes, your system works. As for the trades I can draw them on my MT4 charts. I primarily use FXCM for my live trading and use IBFX MT4 charts for reference and drawing studies. Thanks for the pixel help, thats what I was

not sure of.

As for the BZ, need more screen time to determine its usefulness.

Regards,

Cigarguy

system

radatats:
I have read every system and trade idea out there and tried them all. Put lots of different indies and combos on my charts and had various levels of success. In reality I have found that the basic ideas of price action are still the best. However, I don't yet have the confidence to go naked in this world. I still need a couple of indies to show me what is behind the scenes.

Anyways I need to have a little backup with my trading. I am tired of talking to the walls. I want a little feedback and maybe support/constructive criticism. So I am going to post my trades and my trading system here for all to see. If you like it great. If you don't, tell me why and how to make it better. If you can't do that then please don't comment.

I will post my indies and my template. I can tell you now that I will never be able to take all the trades. I have to sleep and live a real life. However, I will try to get as many as possible.

I got the idea about restarting every hour from another trader on this forum. I have never paid him a dime and I owe him nothing but thanks so don't start flaming me. The shit simply works.

It is more than that though. It is about real money management and risk management. It is about good entries and exits. For those I use scripts exclusively. You have to know what your risk is and you need to place the right trade every time. I can't do it without the scripts. You will get those too.

Trade the 1hr candle. If it is up you should be long and vice versa. I trade the 1 min chart on these principles. I risk 5-10% of my account on every trade with a 20-25 pip stop. This means that I have to be VERY SURE of my trade before pulling the trigger. It also means that I only need a couple of trades a day to be successful.

I will post the rest later today with the indies and the template.

Hi

I am new in this forum,and i can tell you,i have the same problem you had.

I have spend a lot of money in past,but nothing really works for long.

Now i am watching a guy here on the trading journal, called Daniel.

If he has success on long term ,i will try to follow the system he is using,but meanwhile i will just stay out of the market to recover from my last trades(hohoho).

Hi Nik, sorry you aren't still working at it. We all struggle. Set up a demo account and try my system. The same principles can be applied to longer time frames but with appropriately bigger stops.

PS. Please lets not copy a post into your reply unless it is necessary for some reason. It just takes up a lot of space.

Here is one I just grabbed for a quick 5%.

Notice in the bottom panel how I draw trend lines across the woodie. Try it out and you will find that it can be remarkably accurate at predicting the end of a move or the beginning of a reversal.

Files:

Nice job Rad. Gotta love those trendlines

Hi guys

Been testing this setup past two days. Quite impressed with the simplicity. Thanks for sharing Rads.

BTW, just wanna ask if anyone encounter problem regarding !BZ_everyhour indicator. Keep seeing this error message

2009.03.06 15:39:06 !_BZ_everyhour GBPUSD,M1: object name passed to ObjectMove function cannot be an uninitialized or empty string

Would like to know is it normal to have that error or something that I have to do with the indicator.

Thanks in advance

Regards

~profi~

spotting the triggers

Hello Radatats, i am trying to comprehend your system however having trouble with entries. Can you help with some issues please?

-You say you trade the 1 hr but take entries on a 1m TF, is this correct?

-You say trade in direction of 1hr TF - lets say the time is 2 minutes past the hour, what do you define as direction e.g. trigger?

Basicaly, triggers are what interest me - what info in your posted indies on your tpl is considered to be a valid signal?

thnx in advance

Hello Rad,

Thanks for your posts, i only have two question please,

1-what does the blue and red dashed line indicates?

2-what is my entry point and my T/P ?

Thanks so much,

Best Regards,

Mohamed Ezzat Hussein

Alcatel-Lucent, Egypt