Trigg'3dTrSys Signals - page 6

demons19:
Hey Jeff,

I hope you did not pick the gbp......we are currently in the largest drawdown that I have seen with this EA. About $1100 on a micro which is 11,000 pips!

The gbpjpy is about 4000 of those pips....gbpusd is another 3000.

It will be interesting to see if it can fight back

I suppose your micro have $100K lotsizes? Well, I have mentioned in my signal description that micro accounts must have $10K lotsizes. Such drawdown of 11000 pips should be $110 for micro account, $1100 for standard account. The biggest DD I have ever seen in Trigg'3dTrSys signal during last 6 months is about 250000 pips, the micro account (10K lotsizes) with $5000 as recommended starting balance had about 50% DD. Standard account (100K lotsizes), $50000 starting balance, has the same DD in percentage as the micro. This Trigg'3dTrSys is still now fighting back for about 60000 pips.

Jeff

My micro account is trading 0.01 lot sizes, which I believe mimics you.

On a micro account, trading 0.01, my account is down 11,000 pips= $1100

If someone was trading a mini account, they would be down $11,000

A standard account would be down $110,000

But on a micro account, I am trading the smallest possible lot size. For it to be only down $110, you would need to be trading 0.001 which I dont think is possible.

As an example, my biggest loser right now is:

gbpjpy---sell @ 141.92----price is 150.42 and its down 84.51 or 845 roughly 845 pips

This is a micro account--0.01 was the size which is the lowest.

demons19:
My micro account is trading 0.01 lot sizes, which I believe mimics you.

On a micro account, trading 0.01, my account is down 11,000 pips= $1100

If someone was trading a mini account, they would be down $11,000

A standard account would be down $110,000

But on a micro account, I am trading the smallest possible lot size. For it to be only down $110, you would need to be trading 0.001 which I dont think is possible.

Which broker do u use? I use IBFX broker, with this broker the micro account should have $110 DD, standard account $1100.

IBFX has different lotsizes for micro and standard accounts:

1 lotsize = $100K standard = $10K micro

0.1 lotsize = $10K standard = $1K micro

0.01 lotsize = $1K standard = $100 micro

11000 pips DD = $1100 standard = $110 micro

I use FXDD & FXCM

The pip value is as follows;

1 lotsize = $100K standard = $10 per pip

0.1 lotsize = $10K standard = $1 per pip

0.01 lotsize = $1K standard = $0.10 per pip

Based on the pip values, 11000 pips = $1100 when you trade 0.01 lots

This changes everything if you can have drawdowns of 250000 pips. I had NO idea different brokers could have different pip values.

demons19:
I use FXDD & FXCM

The pip value is as follows;

1 lotsize = $100K standard = $10 per pip

0.1 lotsize = $10K standard = $1 per pip

0.01 lotsize = $1K standard = $0.10 per pip

Based on the pip values, 11000 pips = $1100 when you trade 0.01 lots

This changes everything if you can have drawdowns of 250000 pips. I had NO idea different brokers could have different pip values.

Indeed, it seems that FXDD and FXCM have ONLY standard lotsizes ($100K). With these brokers I should recommend $50000...

Just a question

Hi there,

I am new to the renta signal concept, and I signed up here. I am wondering if I have possibly setup something in error or if you can confirm the trades that I am seeing today. It seems that all the trades (approx. 30+) are small losses. Is this correct, or do I have something set up wrong. Thank you very much.

Andy

amalanga:
Hi there,

I am new to the renta signal concept, and I signed up here. I am wondering if I have possibly setup something in error or if you can confirm the trades that I am seeing today. It seems that all the trades (approx. 30+) are small losses. Is this correct, or do I have something set up wrong. Thank you very much.

Andy

The number of open trades is at this moment 71. Almost all are indeed small losses. The total floating P/L for micro account is -$146, which is about 3% DD.

Jeff

All of my EAs are from now proof to 5th decimal point of InterbankFX.

Jeff

My opinion about NFA Compliance Rule 2-43 (Non hedging)

Hi all,

As from 15th May, no hedging will be allowed anymore in US brokers. This needs me to review my trading signals Trigg'3dTrSys and Trigg'3ComTrSys.

Trigg'3dTrSys (free ID140, closed subscriptions) : OK for non-hedging rule, as it already contains only long positions.

Trigg'3dComTrSys (commercial ID485) : it will contains only long positions on a short term. There are still currency pairs like NZDJPY that still contain both long and short positions. If long or short positions are closed before 15th May, then it's OK. Else I will eye on closing one side safely. Afterwards, if all currency pairs have one sided positions (most currency pairs have only long positions, still some other currency pairs such as EURCHF have only short positions), then I will create a new signal for only short positions. There will be finally 2 separated signals (1 currently existing ID485 with only buys, 1 new ID with only sells) that I will send from separated accounts.

Traders with non-hedging US brokers can use both signals, but on separated accounts (1 for only longs, 1 for only shorts).

Traders with non-US hedging brokers can use both signals, and on the SAME account.

Regards,

Jeff