Stochastic EA - page 2

I use it with about 5 others that are all higher probability low trade volume and it gives me less drawdown.

I'd love to know what those other 5 EAs would be! As a matter of fact, what would happen if we got TEN other high probability low trade volume EAs all running on different charts on MT4?

sfindlay:
I have been helped so much by this forum I thought it was time to give something back. THis is my latest EA effort, which is based on the stochastic turning up (or down) after reaching 80 (or 20). It autocloses when the Williams %R hits an extreme point, generally at a profit, although if you want you can set take profit, stop loss and trailing stop loss.

For some reason it trades a lot more in forward testing than in back-testing, and makes a whole lot more money - I have been forward testing for over a month now and it hasn't missed a beat. I would love someone to take it and improve it with money management etc, my skills are not that great.

It doesn't do well in backtesting before 2008 but I figure the personality of the pair has changed anyway and no EA is forever for that reason.

Best results so far are EURUSD 30min, with default settings. I use it on IBFX.

Hi to all here.

Im testing a manual trading system which is using only 2 stochastics.

1. stochastic 120,3,3 which is giving me the trend up/down

2. stochastic 15,3,3 for enter and exit.

pair EUR/GBP 1MIN

Rules

long trade stoch 1 must be 85 or above and stoch 2 must be 40 or less . stoploss 35 pips. exit the trade at 50 pips or stoch 2 reaches 95.

short trade stoch 1 must be 10 or less and stoch 2 must be 70 or above.exit the trade at50 pips or stoch 2 reaches 10.

Im testing it for 3 days know , i took about 8 trades all profitable.

forgot to tell 1 rule more when you take a long trade then you have to take short trade it goes l/s/l/s......

Because it use 1 min timeframe it a little bit scalping but i switch it to 5,15,30 and 1 hour and scroll back to see how it performs.Not bad maybe at 30 and 1 hour need a litlle more stoploss but bigger take profit.

the goal in my opinion is to take profit from the market so i dont care if i trade less frequently.

can anyone make a EA with this settings to see whow it performs?

thanks

john

Im sorry for my english is my second lanquage

Expert to epsilon

Hi epsilon:

I took a little time and i made an expert using the conditions that you gave us.

I was trying to optimize it and looks promising. Later i will post some optimization results.

Enjoy it.

Files:

kaamos:
Hi epsilon:

I took a little time and i made an expert using the conditions that you gave us.

I was trying to optimize it and looks promising. Later i will post some optimization results.

Enjoy it.

Ok lets try this baby to see how it performs.With manual trading i was having 2 trades on friday +12 and +43.The second one i break the rule of taking profit when stoch 15,3,3 reaches 40 or 70 level because whas a good downtrend on hourly chart and break a support level succefully.But this is one of the benefits of manual trading.

For sure it has to be more optimised in the future but from my litle experience

simple is the best in all cases.

John

Put it also in multiple timeframes M5,M15,M30 and H1.Good systems works everywhere.I did a reaserch and looks to works.Not backtest only real test(on demo of course) is the data we need.

John

epsilonagency:
Put it also in multiple timeframes M5,M15,M30 and H1.Good systems works everywhere.I did a reaserch and looks to works.Not backtest only real test(on demo of course) is the data we need. John

WOuld this system be called Robinhood by any chance and did you try it on different currencies?

zomg:
WOuld this system be called Robinhood by any chance and did you try it on different currencies?

Yes it called RobinHood.I didnot try it in other currencies but i would like to apply it in a medium term system im trading agout 3 months succefully now cause i m using 1 stoch only 14,3,7.So adding the 120,3,3 stoch it willbe an additional confirmation for the trend.

In RobinHood manual the guy says that it works better in less violate pairs but the fact now is that the market is too violate and risky.

A true crash test is to apply it in USD/GBP and EUR/JPY at this moment.But a clear view of the system we gonna have after a year or so.

John

Robinhood strategy is not even profitable. If you try manual trading it you will see.

Regards,

Jeff

epsilonagency:
Yes it called RobinHood.I didnot try it in other currencies but i would like to apply it in a medium term system im trading agout 3 months succefully now cause i m using 1 stoch only 14,3,7.So adding the 120,3,3 stoch it willbe an additional confirmation for the trend.

In RobinHood manual the guy says that it works better in less violate pairs but the fact now is that the market is too violate and risky.

A true crash test is to apply it in USD/GBP and EUR/JPY at this moment.But a clear view of the system we gonna have after a year or so.

John

azjeff:
Robinhood strategy is not even profitable. If you try manual trading it you will see.

Regards,

Jeff

Ive try it last week only and it gave me 55 pips ( only friday).I endered only valid signals, break support and fib levels.

Did you try it also?how long?

From your answer i didn't make some conclusion , please post more details

not a flat answer.

In my opinion ,as i said before, i have to test it at least 1 year before having a clear picture.Also depends from your goals per month.Mine between 200 - 400 is excelent.Drawdowns also accept with any system, no one is perfect.

John

Good results for you. I did not have positive results.

Regards,

Jeff

epsilonagency:
Ive try it last week only and it gave me 55 pips ( only friday).I endered only valid signals, break support and fib levels.

Did you try it also?how long?

From your answer i didn't make some conclusion , please post more details

not a flat answer.

In my opinion ,as i said before, i have to test it at least 1 year before having a clear picture.Also depends from your goals per month.Mine between 200 - 400 is excelent.Drawdowns also accept with any system, no one is perfect.

John