_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 283

MadCow:
Strategy Tester uses the broker spread at the time it is started. That (and for many other reasons) is why you should look skeptically at backtests. DO not trust them, except to check the trade logic of an EA. Demo tests are better, but not realistic, since all orders are immediately filled if in the money. Beware of results based on either...no one seems to post live results, so what conclusion to make?

cheers mate, ive resulted in now testing fixed spread brockers

but are still a few conflicting things like alpari and tadwul FX are at present "closed" and for the purposes of testing both currently sitting on 3 spread and 1:500 leverage, but the testing for the period 1/4 - 17/4 tadwul was $66 profit and alpari was $466, with a starting of $500 at 120 risk

do you know what they "start", "step" and "stop" input data is in the strategy tester is? its in the expert properties section under input

cause they are different for every brocker i play with, they majorly effect the results and i dont have the options of playing with them in my live feed tests

secondly does anyone know how to change the spread to a fixed spread in the testing, as all the brockers only supply the live feed for the mini platform accounts which have shit spreads and leverage, i wanted to see considering the testing is based on the live data spread for the historical data test, if i can fix it to a number for all the testing, that way i can control the quality alot more.

i wanted to see if i can fix it to a spread of 2 and a leverage of 200

Tadawul FX forex trading conditions and advantages

default settings

dimmy:

Is your MaxSpread set to 5 ?

Tonight I also had no trades on my Demo-Account with Alpari.[/QUOTEmy spread .

the spread on alpari on was just 3 pips, liteforex 4 pips, fxdd was 5pips, but it was suppose work alpari and liteforex.

can u please tell the parammeter to use and how it should be set

i should work even with default settings, the only important param to set is the MaxSpread which should be set to 5 !

For other params, try those posted by servadsl some posts earlier.

(did you try backtesting ? what result ?)

kwkee - post your email address here and I will email you. If yon can send me a screenshot of paypal proving that you have made a donation to rbd then I will send you the new versions.

uups

ezy1:
kwkee - post your email address here and I will email you. If yon can send me a screenshot of paypal proving that you have made a donation to rbd then I will send you the new versions.

How can you decide, to give rdb's EA to other people ?

ezy1:
JStein, I can confirm there is a new Your Lucky 2d (designed for 4 spread brokers) and Thunder 4WD v2e. Tested on a broker with 3 pips fixed spread from the start of Feb till 13th April the new Your Lucky makes half as many trades as 2b and profit is only slightly smaller, there is also less drawdown. The new Thunder 4WD 2e makes different trades to Thunder 2b, however profit still ends up being pretty much the same over this period, however there is less drawdown. Based on my tests it does not makes nearly 100% more profits like the other statement which was posted.

There are new indicators in these two versions, for example WATL-Open Source.mq4 and Waddah_Attar_OMN.mq4 so based on this rbd has been able to improve the code. Why would rbd share it here when everyone just accuses him of stealing other peoples work and not being able to update the code himself? What does he gain by sharing it here with everyone for free, when all he gets is abuse from people?

There is MQ4 source code in the original post for version 1, if the reason you want the source code is so you can improve it, then you can go and improve that version, or better still if you know more about improving the code then rbd you can go and create your own EA from scratch. I myself will be using rbd's new version's as it looks very promising.

All the best, happy trading....

I indeed improved rdb's EA in a similiar way: using two additional indicators for further filtering the trades, correcting two bugs in closing code (too high losses sometimes) which results in fewer trades, smaller drawdown in backtest and in 100% winning trades in the last four weeks on demo account. But I cannot publish it here because it was not my code and I am not willing to steal it.

JStein:
I indeed improved rdb's EA in a similiar way: using two additional indicators for further filtering the trades, correcting two bugs in closing code (too high losses sometimes) which results in fewer trades, smaller drawdown in backtest and in 100% winning trades in the last four weeks on demo account. But I cannot publish it here because it was not my code and I am not willing to steal it.

So, why did you mention it here, when you are not willing to share it? This forum is also to improve indicators, EA e.g.

I guess some would also like to test it on a real account - cause demo(ing) or backtesting means nothing.

regards

cash4u2

invalid price error 4107

Hi everyone,

when i 'm making some backtest with the EA what ever months during 2009 i always get the error 4107, which tells me that for example 0.7900500000 is an invalid price. Of course it's an invalid price, because there is no price as mentioned above. It would be more likely something like 0.790000000 or 0.79010000, only four digits behind the point, not more...

some of you already seen that?

it's a pb from the EA?....the result of backtest is awful with this pb

thank you for your help

God Bless you

Mr. RDB

thank you for share your job, sorry for my englis, Im from Colombia and I resently lost my job. The Forex market is new for me, and I am study by mi self, I hope no lost my savigs.

kwkee:
To get his latest EA, you are suppose to donate to him.

But if you look at my experience, I have donated to him, but he didn't reply either.

So you may want to try donating and pray for the best.

Hi Kwkee:

Today I have sent my donation to rdb.

I am praying.

Best Regards