The Only Thread I Will Ever Create - page 6

It's only a good day when ES invades my thread. Ha!

You people seem to find some kind of hate towards Gann.

No, Gann isn't confusing nor is elliot wave analysis, nor is fibonacci ratios and time analysis.

If someone spent 2 years learning calculus, is it hard at the beginning? Of course. Does it become a habit of nature after repetition? Yes, it will.

The point is, I am not going to devote my life to a single strategy- and AGAIN, no I am not seeking the holy grail (didn't you read my posts? or was there something that didn't make sense) The original GANN courses is something I threw praise about because they are original works form 1930- some of you obviously mistook that comment as if I believed that it will show me the way to the holy grail light.

WRONG. My emphasis on the Gann Courses, was my passion behind finding original works of an author who is no longer alive. To me, it was like a Christmas gift to find the original work- because I am passionate to learn and to research- nothing isbetter than first-hand work.

Btw ES, the High Lo activiator is the same as a SMA but it shoots up clearly above and below the price levels when penetrated.

PS.

The one thing that is most irritating about your post

ajk:
I agree somewhat with father j. Your spending time on gann like its gonna give you money to buy the great pyramid of kyfu. If you have position trading in your blood than its probably okay. Gann fans and the ew patterns can have some value. 300 - 400 pip stop stuff-----But you get down to 15 mn-1 hour charts thats a whole different ball of wax. ITs a lot faster and moves are different. IF your gonna do the ew stuff; I think youl be dissappointed .. too many fibs and too many patters. The markets are not like that - fear, greed and pushing the market come into play. ps I have the gan hi lo activator indicator if you want me to post.

Seriously, did you even read what I've said during these posts? You're reciprocating the exact attributes of the people I describe in the beginning of this thread. I'm going to go through your posts one by one to show how .... yeh anyways.

ME:....I'm not looking for a holy grail, nor am I looking for an easy solution....

YOU:Your spending time on gann like its gonna give you money to buy the great pyramid of kyfu.

ME: ... If you're actually familiar with Gann theories then you might understand why I'd bother reading it- reading the true works of Gann. You will not find all the information about Gann simply through an internet search. ...

YOU: Gann fans and the ew patterns can have some value.

ME: I will be developing my own "prop" strategy to trade that is an advancement on my current, not original, trendline trading.

YOU:IF your gonna do the ew stuff; I think youl be dissappointed

My Comments:

300 - 400 pip stop stuff - You want to source this statement? Or was this some random number you decided to throw out, no where in GANN Analysis does it state some ridiculous static stop loss number

But you get down to 15 mn-1 hour charts thats a whole different ball of wax - I'm not a child, have you read (obviously not considering the above quotes) my posts?

The markets are not like that - fear, greed and pushing the market come into play ... such an unattractive statement, the market is fundamentally based, movements towards an objective are shifted by supply and demand and mass psychology, lets not simplify it to make it easier for a reader like myself.

Honestly,

Don't post on this thread again unless you're going to read something- you're the epititomy of why I created the first 6 posts- so a guess a thank you is in order for proving that even a Senior Member is just as lazy as a Junior Member.

How old are you to still be calling people on a forum "noob"?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176637/page2

ElectricS:

http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/mt4/gann-hilo-activator

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8032

There is also another somewhere widley distributed on ForexFactory

If anybody can figure out Gann...or Elliot Wave....or .....it is walander...he can do it if he is motivated....I just hope he shares!

ES

I will share, just not publicly! lol.

ElectricSavant:
If anybody can figure out Gann...or Elliot Wave....or .....it is walander...he can do it if he is motivated....I just hope he shares! ES

Good thread Walander

I removed the link so it wont be misunderstood

Here is a search engine revealing some Gann stuff...

but do not try to reinvent the wheel ☺

ES

Gann eBook Downloads

Well I did not mean you had to be a bloody exhibitionist ☺

Walander:
I will share, just not publicly! lol.

Walander:

I'm reading Gann's theory because I have no right to discredit other people's theories, for all I know I could accidentally be already using someone elses' theory. If you're actually familiar with Gann theories then you might understand why I'd bother reading it- reading the true works of Gann. You will not find all the information about Gann simply through an internet search. It took me a week to find these courses, nonetheless the actual books the dictate the actual Gann method, not the random methods that have been pieced together that aren't accurate.

I have not read the original Gann's theory, but the fact that he made a fortune in his day demonstrates that he had an exceptional edge. I've read bits and pieces of his work, I think it is a bit too complicated and dense for my brain. From the little that I had learned, I believe Gann's most brilliant work is the squares. But that's just me. I'm sure there are other little secrets in his method...and some say he took it to his grave. I don't know, only principle I got out of Gann was the squares.

I think the term complicated is a tad overused- as it seems that everyone has the same relevent meaning to complicated as another, which is not true whatsoever.

At this point in-time I post, I've read 20 books (Since Beg of Dec), which is well over 4000+ pages worth of theory- a good quarter relates to Elliot Wave Analysis.

Not only has Elliot Wave Analysis become a habit to analyze when I naturally look at the chart, at the same time my eyes have become trained to draw out every possible trendline / s/r line at the same time-

Is it complicated? No, has it made my trading easier? Yes.

Gann is complicated only to the extent of how much effort you put into it.

Kenny Rogers:
I have not read the original Gann's theory, but the fact that he made a fortune in his day demonstrates that he had an exceptional edge. I've read bits and pieces of his work, I think it is a bit too complicated and dense for my brain. From the little that I had learned, I believe Gann's most brilliant work is the squares. But that's just me. I'm sure there are other little secrets in his method...and some say he took it to his grave. I don't know, only principle I got out of Gann was the squares.

Walander

I spent over one hour to read your nice postings and to be happy that someone made it...at page one you found your own trading system which you follow every day with discipline and you make money with it. page 4 you take a break and study books for what ? learn more...that means go back to stage 2...still searching for something better... so you're like everybody else in the 95% side of story. I'm wondering if actually that 5% exist, sorry Walander may be you should stop posting at page 2, Val