BombShell my Gawd this is a wild child? - page 3

I had a look at this EA. Pretty interesting to say the least. I must say I love your enthusiasm ES. I made some modifications to the code for fun. The results, well they were insane to say the least. This is a backtest from 10/1/2008 to 10/6/2008 on a 4 hour chart. A couple things I should mention:

I don't know if most brokers would allow this, but technically, it did meet IBFX's criteria (No more than 1000 trades open at a time, and I kept all trades open for at least 94 seconds). I only tested it for a few days because it takes forever to backtest, just look at how many orders it made and you'll understand. I have a new computer and backtesting was still painfully slow. The draw down is high, I'm looking into it. If you look at the graph there is and interesting line in an otherwise smooth equity line, that occurred where there was a big price gap in the chart. It made way more sells than buys. (Why? because the EUR/USD did a free fall in October.) This EA intrigues me and I think I might look into it a little more. Oh yeah, largest lot size was 1.18 lots. This is just for fun, I'm going to play with this between my real trading and on the weekends, so please keep negative comments to yourself.

Files:

Beware if you are planning to trade this live.

Just a little advice.

This is very similar to firebird type EA's. It will perform when it is the market it likes, but when it turns, you'll be getting the call.

Kenny Rogers:
Beware if you are planning to trade this live.

Just a little advice.

This is very similar to firebird type EA's. It will perform when it is the market it likes, but when it turns, you'll be getting the call.

That's why I said I'm doing this for fun, I have no intention of trading live with it. It's just something I'm messing around with in my free time.

The group here in tsd is expeienced enough to know this is a wild child. My enthusiasm is because of all of you...who I consider my friends.

I cannot make a profit in forex yet and I do not think I ever will ( I am facing the reality of the thing)....But what will I do? Real Estate sucks and equities are trashed....

Some of you have told me... it is because of me, where the fault is. where others encourage me to keep on keepin' on....all of you I consider my friends...your prolly both right'.....Anyways to say the least I will need a little help from my friends to ever be able to make a profit in Forex.

Yes, This is a very fun EA...(my favorite at the moment...its addicting ☺)

ES

It seems to me this is a start on Sunday EA and let run till flat....if it gets flat before Wednesday then turn it on again....but make sure it does not restart after that...wait until the weekend is over for the restat to be set to true again...

I would not want to have a grid waiting for the gap...in either direction... as it would disarm how this EA works...

Gaps kill BomBShElls...

ES

jturns...

Can you post the code with the 94 second rule that works? I just need this one change to test....I like to test just one change at a time...There is a pause input in the current EA...it works...but it does not do what I imagined...It simply just counts the seconds from close to close...I need a way for the EA to know when the trade was opened...

Please do not change anything else in this EA but just this one request... It is really amazing that you can understand what this code does...

ES

P.S. I will try to keep the commentary entertaining while we are learning....

I started this thread in the wrong section. I am going to request to ND to move it over to here:

Martingale/Average Cost and Hedging - Forex Trading

my Bad

ES

Try this, instead

ES,

If you haven't demoed the latest Blessing 2, modded by Iron, you

should do so. It's a fine Ea. The equity protection and portion

control really puts it into a class by itself.

I also PM'd you a few days ago.

Rob

jturns23:
That's why I said I'm doing this for fun, I have no intention of trading live with it. It's just something I'm messing around with in my free time.

That's cool. There is nothing wrong with trading live with such an expert if you know what you are getting yourself into. High risk should give high rewards, if you hit it right in the short term favorable market movement, it can be very rewarding. Just don't figure this will be a long term cash cow, that's all.

I see the risk differently. This hedged EA could be injected with capital because MM is turned off...but the risk is a protracted grid that would exceed the 1000 trade limit....or the 95 second open trade problem.

If anybody takes this live let us know...

ES