MTF support/resistance indicator - page 3

Fixed bug in MTF_SR

There was an error in the indicator on Post #12, which prevented the support on the highest timeframe from being plotted. It is fixed below.

Files:
mtf_sr.mq4  7 kb

I think also about buiding an EA based on Fractal indicators, I am just researching to join the goods one, to filter each other.

SOme can give nice trend moves and some can be used to scalping strategy with small TP. If you have any advices about building EA based on fractals or any sugestion which indicators to use please share.

Kg support and resistance calculate only on new bar

Hi,

Of the S&R indicators I really liked the KG one. But.... it was eating alot of CPU time on my quadcore. Couldn't figure out at first which indicator was the culprit. As soon as I modified the code to calculate ONLY on the open of the new bar, walla, I got my speed back. The fractal calculation each pip was killing the efficiency. There was no reason to calculate on each new pip. Here's the modified code.

Enjoy!

Tradingbigboy

I love your EA. some advice

arshadFX:
Please take a look and tell me how to improve this EA

I love the entry if you just starting out the EA how it searches for the Hi and low and sets up to trade breakthrough.. I am trying it now on 1m EU. I will try it on higher time frames and other currencies later.

Will it help if it close trades after it broke resistance or support wherever the new hi and lo is establish and have some kind of traling stop for s/l.

Files:

thx

gleno57:
There was an error in the indicator on Post #12, which prevented the support on the highest timeframe from being plotted. It is fixed below.

thx for sharing the indi, this indi fits on me. I use it for scalping .

Happy green pips always

Im still new to this Support and resistant thing,but thanks for give an indicator that can help me improve my fx skill.

I've posted this a few times on the "Something Interesting" thread, but as its now (hopefully) complete I thought I should add it here too...

Its based on fractals, it keeps track of zones that change sides (eg support turned resistance) and you can specify a higher timeframe if you want, for instance allowing H4 zones to be displayed on a M30 chart.

Thank you SLIPSHOD! I'm going to try this one out!

best of trades,

bubbadirect

Support Resistance indicator

I was wondering if the SS_SupportResistance_v04b indicator could be modified to include email alerts?

Also, I like the fact that it includes much older support zones, but was wondering if the date of the original fractal could be include in the zone label (for instance, "Verified Support 5/12/2012 15:00 Test Count =1")?

ss_supportresistance_v04b.mq4ss_supportresistance_v04b.mq4

zup series provides more reliable triangulated S/ R levels