Multiple mt4 broker communication? - page 2

wolfe:
Going to try this example:

Create your own MetaTrader extension (dll) - Part 1 | www.metatrader.info

Article by a great contributer of the forum. CodersGuru.

CodersGuru has also created a dll (File Ext, I believe), to give MT the ability to read and write to a text file any were on the drive of your computer.

If your using a common file to transfer data from one MT to another you need to be careful as all MT platforms can have the same file open at the same time and read and write to it. which can cause loss of data. You need to have some switching device to prevent a collistion. Or you can construct a structured file were each MT platform has an area in the file were it can only write too those lines (area), prevent it from over writting anothers data. Were as, all MTs will be able to read any area on the file but only write to its own area. If that makes sence to you? I did some thing similar with MQll a few years ago using a third party software and MT where as they passed data and signals back and forth.

Keit

cockeyedcowboy:
CodersGuru has also created a dll (File Ext, I believe), to give MT the ability to read and write to a text file any were on the drive of your computer.

If your using a common file to transfer data from one MT to another you need to be careful as all MT platforms can have the same file open at the same time and read and write to it. which can cause loss of data. You need to have some switching device to prevent a collistion. Or you can construct a structured file were each MT platform has an area in the file were it can only write too those lines (area), prevent it from over writting anothers data. Were as, all MTs will be able to read any area on the file but only write to its own area. If that makes sence to you? I did some thing similar with MQll a few years ago using a third party software and MT where as they passed data and signals back and forth.

Keit

Thanks cockeyedcowboy.

This is not an easy nut to crack. I did have concerns with file read/write functions "colliding" at the same time. That would be a real problem, as I need the information in real time from multiple brokers.

As for the dll by CodersGuru, I'm not sure if it can pass information from Broker1 terminal to Broker2 terminal etc.

I need a way for ex: to call current EUR/USD bid of IBFX in an EA that is operating on the FXDD terminal. Would love to have a system in place to call a function in an EA like IBFX_EURUSD_BID(); from a terminal that is not IBFX. Make any sense? I'm not sure if this is possible!

There is a Forex-tsd service here in Beta named Rent a Signal...3 weeks ago I requested the ability to install EA's on different MT4 platforms (not necessarily the same feed) to communicate to the SINGLE signal service (a receiving MT4 platform).

They are still working on it....

good luck fellah's...I hope you crack this...

ES

The advantage of using more than one broker.

We can differentiate the price value of the broker we are using to know what is the most accurate one.