Scalp to freedom 10-20 pips a trade...guaranteed? - page 44

Forex Freedom System

Hello Fellow Traders,

I am new to this forum and I have just read all of the threads within it. Including the contratont between SUK1000K and JTURNS23. I have been a trader for many years now. I have just tried FF today from 8am (GMT) and have dipped in and out all day and bagged a total of 160 Pips. More were on off if I had been glued to the screen all day.

I personally 'aint gotta a problem with it.

By the way the BuySellIndicator for MT4 isn't recognised by the platform.

Happy Pipping Mee Cha Chas...

warpfactor7:
Hello Fellow Traders,

I am new to this forum and I have just read all of the threads within it. Including the contratont between SUK1000K and JTURNS23. I have been a trader for many years now. I have just tried FF today from 8am (GMT) and have dipped in and out all day and bagged a total of 160 Pips. More were on off if I had been glued to the screen all day.

I personally 'aint gotta a problem with it.

By the way the BuySellIndicator for MT4 isn't recognised by the platform.

Happy Pipping Mee Cha Chas...

which indicator are you using ?

thx

Which Indicator Am I Using

Today, I have used the Forex Freedom Bars....

execute

thanks for the indicator,will use immediately.looks good.

template

I am a little comfused....

Anyone has a template and indicators to post?

Hi,

After reading some of the threads here on different trading strategies, this thread made me curious. I think using multi-timeframe with history from every bar close is an efficient strategy.We usually see multi-timeframe indicator showing only the current price without history so I think the forex freedom indicator has the right idea. We usually switch timeframes just to look at the trend and for different purposes. What happens in the span of time during the 60 minute is what we strive for. We want to trade on the direction within the whole 60 minute.If we can do that just by looking in one indicator then it would be easy picking for us.

There have been some posts regarding re-paints. I think it is natural for that to happen but it is best if the square will show its current color after every bar close. It should stay that way and never change even after refreshing.

The problem I see with using this indicator is the volatility of the 5 minute period especially if you use the period to 2. It just goes up and down and never know the real value of color of the squares. For example, the square will stay red for 4:59 and when the bar closes it can turn to blue.

I am proposing a change of the settings. The freedom bar indicator is based on the CCI. From my understanding, the CCI interprets below 100 as oversold and above -100 as overbought. The settings used here are below 0 and above 0 . I was thinking that why should we use the zero as the basis for the 60 minute timeframe because we all know that it will take time to reach the zero before the lower timeframe. We are using the 60 minute as trend not as an entry. As soon as the 60 minute timeframe reaches zero, a lot of opportunities are lost. Why not make the settings of the 60 minute change color only when it is above -100 and below 100. The 30 minute or the 15 minute can be programmed to change color when it is above -50 or below 50. The 5 minute settings can stay as is. I think it will show a better progression of value. In this settings, we will only trade if the we know what trend is the 60 minute timeframe because if we wait it for it to reach zero, half of the opportunities are gone. "Wiltered" (I am not sure if I spelled it right" had the right idea. He used four 5 minutes with increasing settings. It can mimick the four timeframes by looking at the 5 minute but still I see few false signals. I don't know whats the reason really.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I am no programmer. I just like the concept of this indicator. It can also use other tools aside from CCI if you ask me. I think it would be great if we use the RSI in this indicator because zero is the primary basis for the RSI. The stochastic would be great if it can show four values for four timeframe in one indicator.

I tried programming this indicator by VOID using the 100 as the basis instead of the zero but I think It is not working.I am attaching what I have done. If anyone thinks what I said is worthwhile, I hope someone can fix the indicator. I hope I am making sense for all that I have said. I posted and I think it is my first time here because I truly believe that this indicator has the right idea, the right concept, and the easier trading strategy.

Files:
my_freedom.mq4  10 kb

good MTF indi

I had spent 4 hrs going thru the thread and found tis indi very useful, ythks to sok1000k for his ideas and contibution. Will start to run on it tomorro. and provide results

Great stuff

Great indicator!

All of you must be rich off this by now !

This seems to be thread which generated a lot of interest and has been well received as a system.

Although I haven't read every post, I've done a large chunk of them! I don't doubt that the system is good but, the authors method of trading with such a tight stop loss is not ideal, particularly on a fairly volatile pair such as GBP/USD. Relatively minor retracements will take out your SL every time.

I may have missed changes in his overall strategy, as stated in the first post, if so, my apologies. Trades on this pair need quite a bit of room to breathe.

AlanN:
This seems to be thread which generated a lot of interest and has been well received as a system.

Although I haven't read every post, I've done a large chunk of them! I don't doubt that the system is good but, the authors method of trading with such a tight stop loss is not ideal, particularly on a fairly volatile pair such as GBP/USD. Relatively minor retracements will take out your SL every time.

I may have missed changes in his overall strategy, as stated in the first post, if so, my apologies. Trades on this pair need quite a bit of room to breathe.

For junior member good observation.