Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 37

It is "Dynamic Cycle Explorer" which is originally Pips idea. This version uses two cycles as inputs and mladen kindly added the "Slope Change" display which is a guide as to how old the last swing segment is. It is in the requests section in Advanced Elite.

MiniMe:
Close call

You can't actul see the time and date for this one!

hughesfleming:
It is "Dynamic Cycle Explorer" which is originally Pips idea. This version uses two cycles as inputs and mladen kindly added the "Slope Change" display which is a guide as to how old the last swing segment is. It is in the requests section in Advanced Elite.

hi hughesfleming,

am i right in the assumption that DCE repaints? thanks.

DCE is based on Triangular Moving averages.

Read mladen's explanation here. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

It is fine for estimation but you would need some other tool for confirmation.

Mearyeaurng:
You can't actul see the time and date for this one!

Since its your first post and you are a member since 2007 , then I owe you one.

Next week , Monday NY open will post a screen shot.

hughesfleming:
DCE is based on Triangular Moving averages.

Read mladen's explanation here. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

It is fine for estimation but you would need some other tool for confirmation.

How many bars does it recalculate do you know?

Hi Nevar,

I would not worry about recalculation in this case. It is a tool for a specific purpose and it is not for generating signals. First you need have an idea about the cycle lengths and amplitudes. It is not very useful on its own. mladen explains everything you need to know about centered TMA's. If you would like to go deeper, then start looking into Brian Millards work.

Hi Hughesfleming,

Thanks for explanation ,how do you determine the cycle lengths and amplitudes bartel tests Investing with Cycle and Bartels Theory | readtheticker | Safehaven.com ?I also found this link useful : Cycles Research Institute C.A.T.S. Software

Millard passed away ,I can hardy find anthing.

Searching Google for Brian J. Millard came up with nothing? Might want to try again. You will need a spectrum analyzer and there is the Goerzel Browser in Advanced Elite. There is another one in the Digital Filters thread which can also create FATL/SATL. Further away from metatrader, there is Rapidminer, R, matlab etc which will give you much more control with a much higher learning curve. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages which you will have to discover for yourself.

I only use them on the daily chart to look for long cycles and that suits me fine. I have not seen much evidence that they work well on short time frames because of noise and lack of persistance. What appears to be a strong cycle can vanish or invert, especially in forex.