School of Pimpology - page 164

Try it - You might Like It

rollingstone:
Ooh Hello Rockie and Strat

Rock, you are a legend over on Dan's threads (apparently) - (for your norti posts I mean), and now I see you have corrupted Strat, or is it the other way round?

I didn't know you used to be a drug baron Rockie, the things you find out about people hey! Cuh.

And... the things you get up to when there are no ladies around to sort you out. Tut tut.

Hope you are all well.

RS

Well -life would be soooooo boring without a little mischief. I myself think that Strato is the corruptor and I am just in the wrong place at the wrong time!!

Bent One Rockie

I thought it was funny too

LOL, I laughed too. Thanks guys.

Did not have a stellar day on Friday but I am looking forward to Monday again.

Nicola

PS Rock - you are a legend

Using the strategy to trade the Daily

First of all, I have to admit I am the corruptor - I have corrupted more people than I can remember - but they are still laughing! You need a good balance in life and I know of no better way than having a laugh.

Now for the serious bits!

The strategy gave a good Daily signal on Friday to go short USDCAD when price closed below the 20 ema. A conservative entry would have been a couple of pips below Friday's low. The first target is the Weekly 20 ema and a second, if it gets there, is around 1.1770 at the previous triple bottom.

Using other strategies, I am long the following:

AUDUSD from 0.6510

CHFJPY from 76.86

EURJPY from 115.57

EURUSD from 1.2953

GBPJPY from 122.10

GBPUSD from 1.3680

These are all counter trend trades (until they close above their respective 20 emas) with initial TPs at the 20 ema.

Short the following:

USDCAD from 1.2320

USDCHF from 1.1565

Again, these are counter trend trades with the 20 ema looming below ready to support or ?

Again, this is not to brag, but just to show the possibilities of trading the Daily and to show that the strategy works on the Daily as it does on all other time frames

Rock on,

Strat

stratocaster59:

Now for the serious bits!

The strategy gave a good Daily signal on Friday to go short USDCAD when price closed below the 20 ema. A conservative entry would have been a couple of pips below Friday's low. The first target is the Weekly 20 ema and a second, if it gets there, is around 1.1770 at the previous triple bottom.

Using other strategies, I am long the following:

AUDUSD from 0.6510

CHFJPY from 76.86

EURJPY from 115.57

EURUSD from 1.2953

GBPJPY from 122.10

GBPUSD from 1.3680

These are all counter trend trades (until they close above their respective 20 emas) with initial TPs at the 20 ema.

Short the following:

USDCAD from 1.2320

USDCHF from 1.1565

Again, these are counter trend trades with the 20 ema looming below ready to support or ?

Again, this is not to brag, but just to show the possibilities of trading the Daily and to show that the strategy works on the Daily as it does on all other time frames

Rock on,

Strat

Wow, nice trades Strat, you are a lucky one ! May I ask what you mean by "using other strats" ? Are you referring to Jacko's method ?

Thanks.

Larry

"Nice" and "Lucky" are words not associated with Strat

Hello Larry,

Thanks for the compliment but they are not "nice" until pips are in the tin or at least until I get the SL to break-even. Also, it's not "lucky", it's just "trading the plan".

Out of much respect for Dan & Zak, I am not prepared to discuss other strategies on this Forum. In reality, you don't need other strategies as their strategy works very well on the Daily PROVIDING you have the PATIENCE to wait for the set ups.

No, it's definitely NOT Jacko's strategy or any others - it's something I put together after the "light went on" after using their strategy with my previous Daily trading experience.

Sorry for being vague and hope I'm not offensive

Rock on,

Strat

Dear Strat...

That is wild. I had a horrible morning start on the Euro and was down a lot of pips and then my best trade today was the USDCAD & CADJPY!

Thanks so much for posting, it is really interesting! (I can hear the X files music in my head)

Here is my post about it from the other thread and charts:

Got it back to trade the CAD, my favourite trades of the day.

I traded USDCAD short on the break of the Ma's for 120 pips and then again on the 1-2-3 for 98 pips. Chart attached.

Also took CADJPY long (it moves opposite to USDCAD) for very similar pips on the initial break and the 1-2-3. Chart attached. Nice bounces off the 20ma's as per the strategy.

Nicola

Files:
usdcad_5.gif  21 kb
cadjpy.gif  22 kb

stratocaster59:
Hello Larry,

Thanks for the compliment but they are not "nice" until pips are in the tin or at least until I get the SL to break-even. Also, it's not "lucky", it's just "trading the plan".

Out of much respect for Dan & Zak, I am not prepared to discuss other strategies on this Forum. In reality, you don't need other strategies as their strategy works very well on the Daily PROVIDING you have the PATIENCE to wait for the set ups.

No, it's definitely NOT Jacko's strategy or any others - it's something I put together after the "light went on" after using their strategy with my previous Daily trading experience.

Sorry for being vague and hope I'm not offensive

Rock on,

Strat

No problem, I fully understand that this is not the place to discuss other strategies. BTW, who is Dan ? Does he post on TSD or is he in the chat room ? I was in Zak's room (boyler room) last summer and it was a terrific experience. I go through the charts each night and can see how his strategy can make you an incredible amount of money if you can wait for the good setups to come to you. As i cannot trade during the day (yet) I am currently looking for longer term strategies, that's why I mentioned Jacko.

Best regards,

Larry

Dan & Zak are "The Men" (& Monkey too)

Hey Larry

I want to second what Strat said. The only way I know how to trade is the way they teach, I owe them everything.

They do cover longer term trades as well as shorter term ones and a lot of guys who have to do other things in the day use them to place orders and often come home to nice pips.

If you can find a morning where you can do the London open before work (the room is 7:00 to 8:30AM UK time) then take the free trial.

Best wishes

Nicola

Ode to Haggis

It's Rabbie Burns nacht the noo - so me mates are round, the scotch is flowing freely and the Strat is out.

I won't post pictures of me in me skirt as I don't want to arouse the ladies in the Forum.

Lang may yer lum reek

Rock on (might be falling over tomorrow)

Strat

Using the strategy to trade the Daily

For anyone interested in using the strategy to trade the Daily, we are at or very near several trades as the pairs approach their respective 20 emas.

Dan has told you that H1 20 is very powerful, well, on the Daily, it is even MORE powerful. (Remember, the higher the time frame, the more accurate and meaningful the technicals become). Just scroll back through your Daily charts and observe how price reacts around the 20.

We need to look for where the Daily bar closes with respect to the 20. If the downtrending pairs close above the 20, then that is an indication the short term trend has changed and longs should be taken. The opposite of course for the uptrending pairs. A very conservative entry would be to wait for the bar to close above the 20 and then place an order to buy a couple of pips above the high of that bar (in the case of longs).

Remember you need large stops to trade the Daily so adjust your contract size to suit your MM. Not wanting to frighten anyone, but the average daily range of GBPJPY over the last 3 trading days is 414 pips! Next is GBPUSD with 341 pips.

Rock on,

Badly hungover Strat