School of Pimpology - page 119

Confidence

Your not wrong there Bill. Certainly appreciate the words of wisdom from those who know. Heartiest thanks.

Currently standing at +60 for the week. No fireworks I know, but after taking some 3 figures losses for the last 3 weeks it's very welcome.

Confidence is the key. I see 'em, I watch 'em, but sadly I wasn't trading 'em.

Closing out trades at break even after they go into profit and not holding. Rarely would my technical stop be hit and often my technical take profit would be.

It really is a confidence thing, master that and you're surely a long way to being successful

TonyH

Break it down plzzzzzzz

Hi Guys,

I'm kinda finding the amount of info a bit overwhelming. Can someone provide a quick bullet pt (couple of lines) on what the strategy is? Maybe someone has done this before??

Got Metatrader set up as described. To make it simple - say I'm looking for a short GBPUSD

From what I can gather its:

• See if Crude, Gold is trending DOWN (60m chart) - therefore GBPUSD should be following
  • Check MA are stacked up nicely (ON 15m Chart) - for SHORTS : 5m 20 < 15m 20 < 60m 20 < 4hr 20
  • 1st Red Heiken with MA (as above) - ENTRY
  • on Resistance lines / pivots - EXIT

Just wanted to break down the strategy to its most simple components - as I'm still at the moment looking at all these graphs and thinking... hmmm nice colours :S

Also do you guys trade around news announcements - such as the FED interest rate decisions - or is it best for a newbie to sit on their hands during this time.

For those who have the time - theres a really good book called Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas which goes into the psychology of trading (which I think is a huge part of it). PM me - have the pdf somewhere

Thanks

Paddy

@ Paddyham

Hi mate,

no we don't trade around news at all.

The strategy is a combination of technical analysis and correllation, but to be honest, the correlation is a bit shot to bits at the moment.

We play breakouts, 1-2-3's and basic trend following with the use of MTF moving averages and CCI's

We can look at (from one chart) a higher timeframe and a lower timeframe to take our picks. We prefer to see ma's stacked neatly in correct order and in close proximity to one another.

If you read the thread all the way through and then read it again and then back test it on the majors and then backtest it on the commodities and then backtest it on the indices and then do it all over on a different timeframe you will begin to see the picture.

Other than that, just post some trades and some charts and we will answer as well as we can.

Had a cheeky one on the JPY from 99.00. sitting pretty on the short with 30 odd pips with a glass of chamoagne in my hand.

Thank you Larry and the rest of the contributing crew. I love you all.

You the most though Larries. Need a husband??

Have a good weekend.

Have a great Launch

Well done Dan, Zak, James and Hemal

Good luck with the venture.

My first week has been a blast which I have enjoyed thoroughly.

Please keep it up and the 'live room' is just so cool. Great vibe, nice people and some really, realy great trading.

Larries - You are a star, what a lovely gesture. Would loved to have contibuted. Very thoughtful. Perhaps next time.

Malaga - Watch out there's a pimp about Monkeying around. Lock up your draws........Yikes.

Happy Birthday Honest Bill - Enjoy the 40 year celebration and I'll be toasting your birthday on Saturday night in my own way.

Travolta Rockie

Good Weekend

Thanks people.

Better get reading and backtesting this weekend

All I need to do now is sneak past the anticapitalists on the way home

Anti-capitalist Halloween event spooks Wharfers - Wharf

Have a good weekend

Hi Mr Pimp!

DO you, or anyone here have mq4 file with the source code of FX sniper CCI indy? IF someone know where to find if please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Nope

pilatus:
DO you, or anyone here have mq4 file with the source code of FX sniper CCI indy? IF someone know where to find if please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Sorry Buddie, I don't have it and don't know anybody who does.

I have searched high and low at the request of many, but to no avail.

Sorry

Do you think its time to long GOLD and EURUSD [seems closely correlated to GOLD at this time], it seems that the COT show the big dogs longing GOLD....

Files:
cot.jpg  92 kb

FX Pimp:
Sorry Buddie, I don't have it and don't know anybody who does.

I have searched high and low at the request of many, but to no avail.

Sorry

Ok no problem I found on mg4 site something similar-fxsniper T3 CCI. Thanks anyway.

Hi everyone,

I'm still here too. Got 2400+ pips one night last week. . . Unbelievable system!!!!! So simple and makes so much sense!

I"m having so much fun and success with the 5min that I'm neglecting to learn the 1hr and 4hr.

If anyone wants to learn how to trade, you've come to the right place.

Loving this KISS system so much! Keep up the good work Pimp.

Happy pipping,