School of Pimpology - page 114

Noise

Dear Fellow Pipsters,

I want to tell tales; tales of noise and distraction. Who was looking at going low Dow this afternoon. Who had an deal lined up at 8563! Who was listening to Greenspan (The Merchant of Doom - ther will be massive job losses etc.)! Who thought whoa this going to mean Dow back down due to earnings issues! What a plonker Rodney! Play your charts and ignore the noise. It was a pefect little 123 and instead of counting lashings of pips I was counting the number of ways I could beat myself with a bit of birch.

Its not all doom and gloom - I had a tidy little day snaffling the odd pip or two in the morning session. I do like a little bit of the London Open. Pimp played a blinder in the chat room - I do like the jpy higher, took a look and thought so do I closed out for +42 pips (97.68-98.14) and then came back an hour later for a spot more and gathered another +53 (97.68 - 98.21) even got my original entry. It was like Groundhog Day. I also had a cheeky 18 on FTSE 4052 - 4036. Thought I was the Daddy only for FTSE to go another 100. Oops you did it again. Suitably lashed I managed a bit of Dow Jones Esq (8848 - 8775) for +73. Not a bad day but so many missed opportunities. I closed out the day at +173 pips.

I missed Gold - doh; twice; doh, doh, wobbled on FTSE and got Greenspaned on Dow. Could have been a really good day. So play less attention to the news and more attention to your charts. The tele is boring anyway!

Well done to some fellow pipsters Bloom racking in the pips once more (even with a dodgy computer - the story is readers he's too tight to buy another one!); Honest Bill with two beauties with Gold (I was a little jealous); and Dan007 you got so much style its scary and apparently you were in a bad mood because of Mutley. Great calls on Gold and Cable. Keep the focus Tony you are a whisker away from getting those pips filling your tin. No surrender.

Finally a little mention, because he's not really human, to Monkey Boy, I am fast learning about the indices. Thank you for answering my really basic questions. I like them and with more practice I see real upside potential. But a lot to learn me thinks so thank you.

Good luck to the Monkeys and thanks for the chat room boys. What a laugh, and the calls are still first rate. Only one small complaint; we don't have enough of the Pimp on the thread. We know you are busy; yes we know, but your fans are missing your subtle messages and delicate way with words. I for one am really looking forward to the new live room. With Dan as the new voice of Radio Monkey (I'd prefer Terry Wogan - but he can't trade) it promises to be great show.

OK - now have penned some fine words I am off to drink some fine wine. A little more ChateauNeuf and to dine, well my children have broken for their halfterm I think it has to be Chinese (I do fancy a bit of Duck).

GreenSpam Rockie

Morning all,

Thanks, Rockdrive. I made +47 yesterday morning and being disciplined I finished up at 11am with the pip tin locked. But, I have some tales to tell everybody too.

I came back at 7pm as planned. By 8:30pm I had +40. What did I do? You guessed it. I stayed on and finished up -15.

I once heard FX Pimp say some people enjoy the game more than the cash/winning. I understand now. I was "enjoying" the monkey chat with some of the guys and said I'd stay on.

What is worse, is I hardly slept last night as this was bugging me so much.

I'm still beating myself up over it.

Okay, deep breath, new day, live room starts too and big siiiiigh.....moving on

Truly Pimpalicious!!!!

Hey folks,

It's been a while since I posted and entry, although I check and reread a portions of the forum almost daily.

Last night I cleared 2,500 pips [just last nights trading] using pimpology on gj alone. Even after explaining how to determine if gpb or euro is stronger against another currency at any given time, I forgot to follow my own explaination last night and surely would have done even better had I traded e/j instead of g/j.

Thanks again FxPimp for your awesome system and I hope everyone is still slaying those every elusive pips!!!!!

[+233 nore since initial post. . . Boy do I love this system!]

Happy pipping.

hello!

hi guyz, first time posting on this thread, tho i've spent some time in the monkeychat, but been busy these past couple of weeks, will be busy until december too. but i'll pop by as often as i can to learn real-time! ;p

just want to say a big thank you to the Pimp for this cool strategy and the wonderous template, and to everyone who made the thread and chat work out.

i know there's a new chatroom out, i'm not entirely sure how to work it, but i'll get in there soon =p

fxdiva, your pips are crazy!!

absolutely fantastic job!

please tell me how u decided to add on positions instead of taking them off? =)

my additional position usually ends up taking away the pips i got from my initial position..=(

btw, why do u say u'd have done better on the eurjpy instead of the gbpjpy?

the gbpjpy moved much further both on the way down and later on the way up..o.O

i took +250 at the start of the gbpjpy fall, down to around the ds2, called it a good friday and went out. (yeah!)

came home to discover gbpjpy continued another 1000+ pips after my exit! oh the heartache! (Ouch.)

anyway, truely appreciate this thread and the chat, a big thanks to the contributors for their teachings!

look forward to spending more time in the chatroom =)

Pippingly yours,

Ferrowolf

Confidence and Discipline.

Hi guys,

Few weeks since i posted anything, but enjoy the chat room and looking forward to the live room next week.

About three weeks ago, after a good run, i started losing again, difficult to know why, but i have found that getting into a winning streak can quickly turn into a losing streak. Why ? - probably overconfident, and with a few pips in the tin taking trades which are not really trades at all, stops too tight, and after a few losers on the trot it is amazing how you just start taking stupid trades to get your pips back - exactly the opposite to what you should be doing.

To correct this i reduced my stake to min for a couple of weeks, hence more comfortable with proper stop losses, did some studying and a lot of backtesting with the strategy to get my `eye` back in, worked on my discipline and took fewer trades.

Last week fortunately had my best week - 530 pips so pleased with that. So anyone out there who is struggling don`t give up - once you know the strategy the discipline must be worked on, and when you get overconfident remember the market is always bigger than you and it must be given the utmost respect.

Looking forward to a good week with all you guys - keep the kids out of the trading room Rockdrive !!! ( mine all at uni now thank goodness)

Chris

I have just been emailed the following...

"Dear ;

Thank you all for your continued support and also for all the kind feedback.

Due to popular demand from most who registered we will be allowing everyone to continue their free trial until Tuesday evening.

Your password for the live room will be: positive

We look forward to seeing all of you on Monday morning.

Yours truly;

James Boord

FX500Club

"

I have just checked out the Domain name: FX500CLUB.COM

It was created by Dan Armitage on the 21-Apr-2008.

How did they get my email address???

Has anyone else been spammed this?

Now I know why they didn't post templates and why we were asked to email for template, indicators etc.

April 2008. It's around this time that they begin posting on many different forex forums.

They were banned from one of them.

This has been planned for months...

Please be wary if they want money from you.

That's all I going to say...

Makes dollars, so it makes sense!

Ferrowolf:
hi guyz, first time posting on this thread, tho i've spent some time in the monkeychat, but been busy these past couple of weeks, will be busy until december too. but i'll pop by as often as i can to learn real-time! ;p

just want to say a big thank you to the Pimp for this cool strategy and the wonderous template, and to everyone who made the thread and chat work out.

i know there's a new chatroom out, i'm not entirely sure how to work it, but i'll get in there soon =p

fxdiva, your pips are crazy!!

absolutely fantastic job!

please tell me how u decided to add on positions instead of taking them off? =)

my additional position usually ends up taking away the pips i got from my initial position..=(

btw, why do u say u'd have done better on the eurjpy instead of the gbpjpy?

the gbpjpy moved much further both on the way down and later on the way up..o.O

i took +250 at the start of the gbpjpy fall, down to around the ds2, called it a good friday and went out. (yeah!)

came home to discover gbpjpy continued another 1000+ pips after my exit! oh the heartache! (Ouch.)

anyway, truely appreciate this thread and the chat, a big thanks to the contributors for their teachings!

look forward to spending more time in the chatroom =)

Pippingly yours,

Ferrowolf

Hi Ferrowwolf,

I'm basically adding new positions on the retraces instead of closing them and holding all of my positions until the cross of the next higher timeframe. That way you don't miss out on that 1000pip run.

When I have to step away, I'm sure to use my free signals through alert!fx™ - foreign exchange (forex) alerts. on my cell phone to let me know if the 240ma and 600ma have crossed on the 5min [that's the timeframe I'm trading] until it does, it's pipsamania!!!

I also have my mobile platform with the CCI and ma's set up there, so I can add on retraces on my phone if I like.

I went back and looked at the e/j and g/j and you're right, I must have gotten that backwards, my mistake, but the pips were crazy greatlast week!

I can't wait for this week to begin. Thanks a gazillion FxPimp. Your system make dollars, so it makes sense!

Happy pipping to everyone,

Honest Bill:
Hi Lilacfloyd,

Nothing new here. If you go back through the thread, you'll see that FX Pimp declared that he is involved in the business. I have followed this thread from the start and the whole strategy is here for free. He has also been more than helpful, never asking for a penny and never asking what my bank balance looked like. A few pages back, you can see I have said I will be following him in his new venture because I have started to make serious money, all down to him. With the live room I know I'll make more.

And no, I am in no way affiliated with the above business. I'm just a home trader who plans to retire next year thanks to this strategy.

Okay, I just want people to be careful.

Paying for a service doesn't make you a better trader.

The only way to learn is with hard work and a lot of patience.

I cannot believe anyone can leave this nonsence.

How can you find the time to slam these guyz who have spent so much time helping so many for nothing??????

Everyone has the right to accept or reject a service, but to add this to the thread tells me more about peter than it does paul.