School of Pimpology - page 104

Glad for everyone making good pips this morning, I'm down enough to call it a day - just not finding a rhythm. Friday was my best day ever ... until I let my guard down in the evening during the US vote and wiped out a practice (live, small stakes) account which I had trippled during the week.

Not a happy spitfire

63 cci

hi pimp,

is it wise to just go on cci 63 on 5 min as your only cci indicator

Crazy

Hi Pipsters,

I took the opportunity of trading this afternoon as well as this morning due to the rather unusual circumstances which have been affecting the markets. What great fun and inspiration it was in the room. Thanks fellow pipsters!

Today was a really good day and to summarise;

FTSE +35 / +16 / +46; Crude +30 / -11 / +89 / +50; usd/chf +31 / +28 / +17; Gold +25 / +17; eu +32; cable -23 Total pips 382

I know I show have had more confidence to stay in a couple of trades. For example I was in early with the swissie and although took pips the smoother ride would have been to trade 15m / 60m charts. I also missed a major trade on crude as I the CLx8 which I have been trading seemed to have stopped at around 6am this morning. I have now switched to CLz8 and took 2 nice trades this afternoon but am looking to swap to Brent as GFT and ODL seem to have same prices. Will look at spread but it may make comparisons easier!

Cable has been my unlucky pair since I took up trading. I seem to loose on this one more than I win. I saw the set up for the short, but with cable it seems more patience than I have is required!! Perhaps this is one to learn from.

Took some nice trades again on FTSE but again I was in short at 4719 but cut the trade for +16 pips and then watched it go 100. Nevermind thats the way it goes.

The 4/10cci strategy on crude is my favourite tool. Works pretty much everytime and provided you are focused you can collect pips.

Gonna have a some crispy duck for support tonight. I'm home alone so watch out mice!

Crispy Rockie

CCI's

BUFFER:
hi pimp, is it wise to just go on cci 63 on 5 min as your only cci indicator

Hi Buffer - I use a 10 and 4 cci on my 5 min chart. The 4cci is a bit more sensitive, but I have them on same graph and look for crosses. The 4cci leads the way and if 10cci close to it, then generally a favourable pip fest follows. Of course, I use these CCI's in combination with the longer term charts and the trends.

If you have the latest template for MT4 the relevant cci's should already be in the charts!

4CC's of adrenalin Rockie

Rockdrive:
Hi Buffer - I use a 10 and 4 cci on my 5 min chart. The 4cci is a bit more sensitive, but I have them on same graph and look for crosses. The 4cci leads the way and if 10cci close to it, then generally a favourable pip fest follows. Of course, I use these CCI's in combination with the longer term charts and the trends.

If you have the latest template for MT4 the relevant cci's should already be in the charts!

4CC's of adrenalin Rockie

Thanks

Can you send a tempalte or picture, i think i have seen them before, you have them overlaid on each other don't you

anyway send pic or whatever with an explanation if possible

Thanks

Paul

You're definitely not alone

spitfire_412:
Glad for everyone making good pips this morning, I'm down enough to call it a day - just not finding a rhythm. Friday was my best day ever ... until I let my guard down in the evening during the US vote and wiped out a practice (live, small stakes) account which I had trippled during the week. Not a happy spitfire

Hey Spitfire,

Whilst reading your post I thought 'I don't remember posting this'.....as this is exactly what happened to me last week on Thursday. Was more than half way doubling the demo and lost it all last Thursday. Only because a couple of trades didn't go my way and lost quite a few pips so went out for vengence trades then vengence on vengence trades and then 'can't be bothered anymore' trades. That day was the worst day, embarrassed to say how many pips I lost . Traded for the whole day (which I don't usually do) but that day was emotional day.

So, just to encourage you fellow trader that you are DEFINITELY not alone!!! Like Dan says, the key is consistency which is what I need working on.

We will get there, don't worry

No Surrender

C'mon fellow pipsters. Lets have a rally. I can feel a bit of effort is needed from the community to reinvigorate some of our team. We have all been in the doldrums; we have all lost pips.

It will look better with rest and some time away. Remember the trading rules; keep the discipline an enjoy. Put some music on; trade in the nude; do whatever you can to keep up the relaxation and destress.

It will get better. You just have to believe it. So smiles; at the ready please. Present Smiles and dismissed.

Major Rockie

BUFFER:
Thanks

Can you send a tempalte or picture, i think i have seen them before, you have them overlaid on each other don't you

anyway send pic or whatever with an explanation if possible

Thanks

Paul

Buffer;

See this link - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general the cci's are shown on the chart. Regarding a template - best person to get this from would be thefxpimp@hotmail.com or you could try honest bill. I use gft platform which seems not to be too widely used. Regarding cci use can I suggest you have a little zoom back to the earlier part of the thread, boring I know, but very informative, as the use of and importance of CCI's explained far better than I would ever attempt. Le Pimp did a brilliant job so I do't want to embarress myself. Hope that OK.

Cheers,

Magherita Rockie

Rockdrive:
Buffer;

See this link - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general the cci's are shown on the chart. Regarding a template - best person to get this from would be thefxpimp@hotmail.com or you could try honest bill. I use gft platform which seems not to be too widely used. Regarding cci use can I suggest you have a little zoom back to the earlier part of the thread, boring I know, but very informative, as the use of and importance of CCI's explained far better than I would ever attempt. Le Pimp did a brilliant job so I do't want to embarress myself. Hope that OK.

Cheers,

Magherita Rockie

thanks rock,

i looked at that post earlier after i replied to you, thnaks for info in anyway and will get on to some studying

Paul

Indeed, Honest B., it's never too soon to learn forex! My son is 7 months old, so I plan to follow your example in a week or two from now

BTW, what version of the Visual Pimp do you have? The one I can see on the screen on the right seems to have waaaay more currencies than the version I have (1.9, which is great already, I took a 100 pips run on EURUSD thanks to it just today).