School of Pimpology - page 29

boiler room

Hi cako,

How did you get on today? Anybody get any decent trades? Are we now getting back to the strategy or are the trades still counter trend and using 5m charts?

Please post results from trades taken by the group.

Have a great afternoon.

Filter fishing rockie

Detoxing

Le pimp,

As you were kind enough to share your weekend libations I thought to do the same;

Friday - chicken madras and large naan, with several large kingfishers

Sat - BBQ butterflyed leg lamb with several beef kebabs, SA rose; supper of thai green curry and half a dozen guinness

Sun - BBQ freshly caught sea bass, and chilli tiger prawns, plus some neat burgers, several larger snifters of Auzzie red. More beer at local pub until sun-set.

That my friend was my detox!

You should join the program.

Membership - free

Pickled rockie

Further adjustments

Further to the recent post, if you are not fortunate enough to have multi-screens then as I mentioned, you can create additional profiles.

Maybe 1 for Gold and Crude, 1 for Euro & Cable and finally one for my girls JPY and CHF.

No you can't view all the charts at the same time but it's easy enough to switch from profile to profile.

Alternatively tile 2 x Euro and 2 x cable as in the above post, then open 2 x Crude and 2 x Gold and position them over the previous 4. You will have to resize them slightly.

Finally 2 x JPY and 2 x CHF and position those over the top of the Gold and Crude ones.

You'll now have 12 charts open 4 pairs x 2 and 2 commodities x 2.

Failing that, get down to P.C world or Walmart and buy a couple more monitors.

FX Pimp:
Further to the recent post, if you are not fortunate enough to have multi-screens then as I mentioned, you can create additional profiles.

Maybe 1 for Gold and Crude, 1 for Euro & Cable and finally one for my girls JPY and CHF.

No you can't view all the charts at the same time but it's easy enough to switch from profile to profile.

Alternatively tile 2 x Euro and 2 x cable as in the above post, then open 2 x Crude and 2 x Gold and position them over the previous 4. You will have to resize them slightly.

Finally 2 x JPY and 2 x CHF and position those over the top of the Gold and Crude ones.

You'll now have 12 charts open 4 pairs x 2 and 2 commodities x 2.

Failing that, get down to P.C world or Walmart and buy a couple more monitors.

I am ready

How much exactly monitors shall on the whole need?

Refinements

Dear Le Pimp,

I am not too keen on the diet but am loving the adjustments you are putting forwardm

Furthermore I am delighted by the focus on the 'real' trend charts and getting this 5m chart where we it belongs! The real boys are the 60m and 4hour, and your gbpusd post slam duncks the approach. Most excellent.

I'm going to the fridge to collect to collect some beverage - alas can't see a smoothie in site, so I'll just have to settle for a large cold tiger beer. Yumm

Cheers Le pimp - great work.

Catch ya later, burp!

Larger quoffing rockie

Pimpology Preview.

Good morning

Well, another big day on the Commodities with both Gold and Crude making new lows and adding more weight to the Dollar.

The next port of call could well be the weekly 50 now the 20 has well & truly gone. That'd take us down to about $100 a barrel.

Gold could fall as low as $850 an ounce.

Both are showing a lot of red both on the Heiken Ashi and the CCI's so I will not be getting into these immediately.

So where does that leave us with the currencies?

They are all a little overcooked to be honest.

Pound had fallen almost 200 pips since yesterday morning.

Euro is still messing about at the weekly 20 and Last Weeks Low's.

Swissie has been podering these highs with no real menace for over a month now.

Finally, my Japanese Princess. She's still stuttering aroung the weekly 50.

All are overbought or oversold bar JPY.

Euro needs to break 1.5500 for move south.

Swiss needs to break 1.0520 for a move north.

Miss Yen need to break 108.50 for a move up.

Pound is on the Sub's bench

The shorter-term.

Let's not forget Gold and Crude here. Without these two falling hugely we would not expect and majot move on the currencies, apart for Pound, who seems to be very naughty of late.

With Euro under the averages and USDJPY looking tired I am tempted off beaten track in search for a short EURJPY.

Good day to you.

I have been monitoring a basket of currencies (13) that 'appeared' heavily biased towards the USD, for over a year now. So whenever the Euro was strong, the basket depreciated and vice-versa. However, something very odd appears to be happening - although the Euro has been falling heavily, the basket has also been falling! Since the USD also appears to be just 'churning' pips relative to the yen, my question is, specifically, what currencies are gaining atm? Afterall, we are dealing with currency ratios, so something has to be appreciating? Is it possible that money is being diverted away from the majors and into 'minor' currencies?

These comments are solely based on how just one basket is behaving of course, but one thing for sure, something is happening that hasn't occurred in at least the last year...

omelette:
I have been monitoring a basket of currencies (13) that 'appeared' heavily biased towards the USD, for over a year now. So whenever the Euro was strong, the basket depreciated and vice-versa. However, something very odd appears to be happening - although the Euro has been falling heavily, the basket has also been falling! Since the USD also appears to be just 'churning' pips relative to the yen, my question is, specifically, what currencies are gaining atm? Afterall, we are dealing with currency ratios, so something has to be appreciating? Is it possible that money is being diverted away from the majors and into 'minor' currencies? These comments are solely based on how just one basket is behaving of course, but one thing for sure, something is happening that hasn't occurred in at least the last year...

Hi Omellette.

Give me a list of the currencies that you monitor and I will try and shed some light for you.

Yeah Yeah Yeah

I have said 100 times that I seldom trade when the 4hr CCI's are overcooked.

I didn't say you couldn't. Just be careful.

If you, like many, prefer to get in and out with 10-20 pips then be my guest. This strategy is equally at home picking up 10 pips as it is picking up 100.

Instead of displaying the 60m and 15m, change it to 15m and 5m only.

Use the 84 on the 15m chart as your direction, which is the 60m trend and use the 150 levels on the CCI as I would use on the 4hr one to guage your overbought / oversold areas.

It's not a style I am ovely fond of but appreciate that I must cater for the masses and and am more than happy for you to work like this if it suits your style.

Case definately dismissed

Files:
cheeky_2.gif  76 kb

The basket is:

"EURJPYb","AUDJPYb",

"EURUSDs","EURAUDs",

"USDCHFb","NZDUSDb",

"EURGBPs","USDCADb",

"GBPCHFb","EURCHFb",

"AUDUSDs","GBPUSDb",

"CHFJPYs"

The 'b' and 's' stand for Buy & Sell. Same lot-size used for each...