School of Pimpology - page 6

amaruenterprise:
Hey Pimp one quick question when you enter either on a green heiny candle or red do you wait for the close of that candle or as soon as it is green or red do you enter. Many thanks...

Hey Amaru.

It's just the Heiken Ashi with the 7CCI cross together. Some people wait for the 5 minute candle to close but personally I don't. 1 x 5m candle on Crude can be 100 pips !!

Hi Pimp, thanks for sharing this. Still trying to understand it fully. And i've replace the new pivot. Does this look right?

Files:
chart1.gif  22 kb

daNnFX:
Hi Pimp, thanks for sharing this. Still trying to understand it fully. And i've replace the new pivot. Does this look right?

Yep, that's the one. Looks good.

I wonder if this looks good too?

IF Crude can dump a bit further and fall below the S1 pivot, Gold looks like it could go too.

Targeting the Pivot point maybe.

Cheeky little 1-2-3 with a tight 20 pip stop.

Files:
cheeky_5.gif  34 kb

Oooooooooooooh Yeah

FX Pimp:
Yep, that's the one. Looks good.

I wonder if this looks good too?

IF Crude can dump a bit further and fall below the S1 pivot, Gold looks like it could go too.

Targeting the Pivot point maybe.

Cheeky little 1-2-3 with a tight 20 pip stop.

Sorry about the targeting. She went all the way to S1 before I had a chance to close.

A quick 120 pips in under 15 minutes.

"Mucho Gracias" as our Mexican friends would say.

Files:
cheeky_6.gif  33 kb

Pimpmeister, you are the master!

Shame I had my pinnie on doing a little housework and missed that one!! (again)

whats the cross all about?

Its your broker's stop hunting point:P

Shiva

frantacech:
One question, what is it... cross in picture?

midesign:
Its your broker's stop hunting point:P Shiva

Shiva,

as suicidal as this may seem I don't actually use stops.

I find it to be like showing ones hand whilst playing poker.

I have an automatic computer gererated stop loss CGSL, which sits about 100 pips away I think, but always keep a close eye on what everything is doing.

If something goes sour I stop it out myself, but don't want to show my hand.

Nice gag though Sir.

Indices

Bonjour Monsieur le Pimp

Good to catch up with you again in this most positive of trading environments, I am sure I speak for all when I say thanks for taking the time to share with us - it's appreciated.

TTFN from the sunny Duchy of Cornwall

Hi FX Pimp,

Looks like there was a perfect Oil/Gold/$ correlation this afternoon (UK).

Do you find oil a good leading indicator for FX entries or are the movements often too quick to provide reasonable analysis?

Thanks for your thread.

G-Man

Couple of questions...!

Hey FX PIMP

Just noticed some nice set ups on the majors - THe way I interpreted it was

1 - Oil dumped and gold followed - both 63 CCI's down MA's comfirmed direction

2 - looking to buy USD-JPY, USD-CHF and sell GBP-USD, EUR-USD - which brings about my first question:

Q) Which one of these pairs would you have chosen to trade and why?

I know you explained a bit about correlation but it seems to be escaping me right now. I know you take a prefix and suffix (i think !) pair but which two pairs do you "disect"?

3 - Enter on the 123 which is the shorter term CCI pulling back and then crossing above/below the 0 line. Obviously going in the direction of the longer term CCI.

A couple of them are up 70 pips right now... nice

Q) So as long as the 5 min gold and crude are both below the 0 line on the 63 CCI we can look for short set ups on the 5? Is this correct?

Q) If 5 min Gold and Crude is saying short but the 1 hour is saying long do you stay out of the 5 ?

Thanks I hope this isn't too long