Everything about RSI - page 29

I need RSIOMA revision...!

Dear Mladen : Please can you add at least a few of them can not be carried all.I need ,RSIOMA_MODE and Ma_RSIOMA_MODE ----> MA_Method= 7: SMMA - Smoothed Moving Average and MA_Method=11: T3 - T3 by T.Tillson and MA_Method=19: VWMA - Volume Weighted Moving I wanted to see at least the calculation methods..Very Thanks...

The way how All_ma is written it can be pplied to the first step (as the source of the rsi calculation) but to apply it to the signal line is a completely different story

Btw: if you set the RSIOMA_MODE and Ma_RSIOMA_MODE to 2 you are going to get SMMA

katastrof78:
Dear Mladen : Please can you add at least a few of them can not be carried all.I need ,RSIOMA_MODE and Ma_RSIOMA_MODE ----> MA_Method= 7: SMMA - Smoothed Moving Average and MA_Method=11: T3 - T3 by T.Tillson and MA_Method=19: VWMA - Volume Weighted Moving I wanted to see at least the calculation methods..Very Thanks...

Pardon...

Pardon...RSIOMA_v4.02.mq4 use mode SMA:0 , EMA: 1, SmmMA: 2, LWMA : 3, DEMA :4 butI need RSIOMA_MODE and Ma_RSIOMA_MODE : 5 --->T3 - T3 by T.Tillson Mode: 6 - LSMA - Least Square Moving Average.I wanted to see these conditions. Can you could you?

Dear Mladen had expressed the will to above.

I wanted something not be again?

We've been waiting for a response from you for several days.

katastrof78

Sorry for not being clear enough

To use AllAverages as input it is not difficult (so the RSIOMA_MODE part)

But for the Ma_RSIOMA_MODE part the indicator (AllAverages) would need to be significantly changed and I really would not like to be the responsible for some changes in igorads indicator. Hope this clarifies why I did not make that

katastrof78:
Dear Mladen had expressed the will to above.

I wanted something not be again?

We've been waiting for a response from you for several days.

Thank you for an explanation Mladen.

I thought you could take a better signal.

This forum was very helpful

I really Thank you.

What is Longbar?

mladen:
A kind of rsi dashboard ...

It shows states / slopes of 4 time frame rsi. Depending on the ColorsForSlope parameter it will show slope of the rsi (like lower one on the example picture) or the current relative value compared to RsiLevelUp (overbought) and RsiLevelDown (oversold) in which case a third state (in between those 2 values) is indicated by the lack of color. That way one can (by combining 2 instances of this indicator) monitor most of the information of 4 time frame rsis (just set the UniqueID parameter to unque values for each instance attached to the same chart).

Here is an example with ColorsForSlope set to false (upper) and ColorsForSlope set to true (lower) for same time frames monitored :

What is longbar of righthand of chart? I wanna to know the name of this indicator....

cyberpapa:
What is longbar of righthand of chart? I wanna to know the name of this indicator....

Hello Cyberpapa,

Its part of an indicator called Daily data think if memory serves me right several versions here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178698

mladen:
Amir

RSI is a rather "strange fruit". The longer the period, the flatter the RSI is. So, when it comes to using the regular rsi with some levels, every serious study is recommending not to use periods > 10. That way people are trying to have meaningful level breaks for over bought and over sold. Somewhere along the road the period 14 become a "standard default" value (even I use it as a default value, but really periods less than 10 are better for level breaking systems

You can try it out and try, for example, rsi period 50 and you will see that it becomes almost a flat line and that it almost never crosses the usual 20-80 levels.

One solution to avoid that "trap is to make different kind of levels that will adapt to the rsi itself. One of the solutions is the "floating levels" rsi (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733/page13 ) in which case it is not so important what is the rsi calculating period and in which the "flattening" effect is avoided to a good extent. So, in my opinion, as far as RSI is concerned, the best is to have some kind of dynamic levels (like in the "floating" one) regardless of the calculating periods (it even allows you to use those longer periods in a whole new way)

what you say is true. i tried to use RSI by putting large numbers like 60 and upward and near flat line is all i see.

i found it good to use the default value of 14 or 15. but as you said, it is better to use smaller number for sensitivity to market movement.

Perky:
TEB One Min killer @ Forex Factory

#mtf trendline is the line on chart and overlaid stoch 20,7,20

nota bad lil system!!

I use 5 min charts tho - just my prefference

Anybody have any idea what the indicator is in this post (#145,pg.15) that has placed the blue circle and the peach (?) coloured circle on the chart ?

Looks to be part of a semafor indicator but I was just interested as I noticed that the circles are not at the actual lows/highs but are instead close to them.

godrich