Everything about RSI - page 24

Could we please have the parabolics in the chart window?

This is a very fine inicator- thanks for sharing it publicly- I can't imagine what you have privately if this is what you give us commoners-lol.

I think it woild be nice to get the Parobolics from it on the chart.

Thanks.

first thing I did with it here-

Files:

Bonjour,

Je cherche un indicateur RSi pour mq4 sur lequel la ligne 50 apparait ainsi que les lignes 7 et 30

Merci d'avance pour votre reponse

Right click on RSI indicator, choose properties->levels. In the levels add any level you wish

rsi-macd:
Bonjour,

Je cherche un indicateur RSi pour mq4 sur lequel la ligne 50 apparait ainsi que les lignes 7 et 30

Merci d'avance pour votre reponse

mladen:
A variation on the previous post. Originally I found this in a book "Trading Systems and Methods" 4th edition, by Perry Kaufman ...

The idea found there is to weight the prices used in rsi calculation by volume. But, since in forex all we have is "tick volume", if we apply the simple volume*price weighing, all we are going to get is a bit modified rsi of volume (volume being the dominant in that equitation) So, instead of using it that way, decided to weight the difference of prices (that is used in internal rsi calculation) with volume. This is the resulting indicator : it seems to be more responsive and in times of high activity it emphasizes prices moves a bit better than the regular rsi.

On the picture : red is the volume weighted RSI and gray is the regular rsi (same period, same price) :

volume_weighted_rsi.mq4

Thanks Mladen

Can you please do same with CCI,

it would be something to see

divergence with volume weighted.

I saw there is some weighted CCI,

but it was not with volume.

Volume weighted CCI ...

juhanimi

Here is one attempt to do that : simple moving average in the first step of CCI calculation is replaced with volume weighted moving average. Mean deviation is calculated as in the original CCI. Tried some other combinations but the CCI gets far out of the knows ranges we are used to when CCI is concerned. Will see what else can be done (primary goal is to keep the levels). This version looks very much like the original CCI even though, as I said, averages are replaced

Here is an example of a volume weighted CCI

juhanimi:
Thanks Mladen

Can you please do same with CCI,

it would be something to see

divergence with volume weighted.

I saw there is some weighted CCI,

but it was not with volume.
Files:

Some more on volume weighted CCI ...

And this version :

Added WeightModeparameter. Depending on it, 4 weight modes available :

0 -> no weighting (it is a regular CCI)

1 -> first step, simple moving average is replaced with volume weighted moving average

2 -> second step, mean deviation is calculated as volume weighted mean deviation (whatever that means)

3 -> volume weighting applied on both steps

Levels are preserved. Values differ from mode to mode. They are not "dramatic" but they are considerable

Cool Mr.

Looks like a trading system.

Near ATR 3 and divergence (and open + close).

That was today EU-M5.

It is not so much different than regular CCI,

anyways, looks like perfect.

juhanimi:
Cool Mr.

That was today EU-M5.

Hi, juhanimi! Can you post your indicators and template. Thank you!!!

pavelac:
Hi, juhanimi! Can you post your indicators and template. Thank you!!!

hey. You try it

Files:

juhanimi:
Cool Mr.

That was today EU-M5.

I request mladen sir please post indicator.as i observe it will help in identify divergence.

thanks in advance