Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 28

Finally got flat! This was 8 days of trading...Lots of changes in the first three days...

Here is what I ended up with! Remember this test found 60% DD....I will post this and close this test and start a new 2K platform....and a 0.01/0.01/15 v1.2win EUR/USD & USD/CHF

Ok...I got the 2K mini-IBFX demo account opened.

Here is a log-in for those of you that prefer to view real-time:

Log-in: 5240052

Password:Waddah

Server:InterbankFX-MT4 Demo Accounts 2

My set file on v1.2 win (post 248, I do not use 1.2 rev) with the EUR/USD & USD/CHF is as follows:

Step: 15

FirstLot: 0.01

IncLot: 0.01

MinProfit: 1000.0 (I set this huge as I override it with a close all EA)

Slippage: 5

I use 75 on the close-all EA from post #267 (this clever little self adjusting EA with one input is a percent of the margin 75= 75%) Put it on cable.

ES

P.S. Ok..I gotta' go sleep for a couple of hours you folks should be set! I believe this might be a safer more conservative test...so do not get bored! If it works out I might even take it live ...

Can you clarify?

ElectricSavant:
Ok...I got the 2K mini-IBFX demo account opened.

Here is a log-in for those of you that prefer to view real-time:

Log-in: 5240052

Password:Waddah

Server:InterbankFX-MT4 Demo Accounts 2

My set file on v1.2 win (post 248, I do not use 1.2 rev) with the EUR/USD & USD/CHF is as follows:

Step: 15

FirstLot: 0.01

IncLot: 0.01

MinProfit: 1000.0 (I set this huge as I override it with a close all EA)

Slippage: 5

I use 75 on the close-all EA from post #267 (this clever little self adjusting EA with one input is a percent of the margin 75= 75%) Put it on cable.

ES

P.S. Ok..I gotta' go sleep for a couple of hours you folks should be set! I believe this might be a safer more conservative test...so do not get bored! If it works out I might even take it live ...

Can you clarify which ea you are using with the two currencies? Are you using any of the reversing ea's? I would have thought if you use the same anti trend ea on both currencies even if they are negatively correlated you are doubling your risk.

And can you clarify why you are using a different currency as your hedge(if you are hedging) because in the latest forward testing where they fall out of correlation it really worked against you.

ElectricSavant:
matrixbiz,

Can you post this EA that you wrote/modified/perfected as a utility for the community here in tsd...There must be an appropriate thread for it as it can be used with many manual and automated MT4 systems as an adjustable global exit based on exposure. It actually is very logical.

Let's give back some to this tsd place...

ES

I guess I could or you could if you want but anyway here is another version with some more mods; Please test

MODS made to original CloseAll-PL EA;

Changed TP ($Profit) from being exact set dollar amount to sliding Percent of Margin

Changed values displayed on chart to be 2 decimal places

Added Slippage to close orders

Fixed an issue with Pending orders closing when 0 Margin

v1.2 win

EUR/USD & USD/CHF

The reason I use just one of the EA's is that the v1.2 rev leaves dangling trades at the top or bottom.

The reason why I am testing the 2 different pair approach, it is the only way to avoid the rev strategy. I use the two pair EUR/USD & USD/CHF because they are the highest correlated pairs.

When the two pairs fall out of correlation there could be a pip step change on the side that is short the executions that the other side is getting. When they come back into correlation that would turn a risk into a benefit.

The idea of SmartStep™ could really be great. Not only could it increase the grid width as it progresses it could check the balance of the two sides and add a grid as needed.

ES

P.S I believe Waddah had the right idea to fade into the highs and lows verses pyramiding in...You might review this thread to see the posts where I pondered this.

waltini:
Can you clarify which ea you are using with the two currencies? Are you using any of the reversing ea's? I would have thought if you use the same anti trend ea on both currencies even if they are negatively correlated you are doubling your risk. And can you clarify why you are using a different currency as your hedge(if you are hedging) because in the latest forward testing where they fall out of correlation it really worked against you.

This is what it looks like after NFP....I started this last night 6.5 hours before the NFP report was released. Now keep in mind this is a mathematical progression...a very dangerous method to trade, especially on NFP. I will post this graph and detailed statement often eventhough you can log-in and do it yourself. There is no lieing here...no selling here...just pure trading shared with all. When you have the sweet spot, it is an edge indeed. Will you get rich?...YES! Now if I stop posting it means I am off making money...or I lost interest in this system because there is no way to tame the DD...but you are stuck with me for now...Let's get SmartStep™ to test out and this method should be perfected with many sliding scales for you to set.

lookin' good in the neighborhood matrixebiz!

I am locked and loaded...

I survived the NFP very nicely and this EA (s) seems to behave the way I like it. It won't be long now until I go live.

I would like to express my Thanks to all of those that contributed here. Someone should tell Waddah to take a look at what has happened to his method.

Readers....You may immediatley glance at the idea in this thread and discount it as being gambling, but hidden in here is the way to trade this safely. I know some of you are allergic to martingale...mathematical progressions....grids and such....but this is one of the better ones, especially the way I trade it.

NFP and NFP week are great times to put something to the test....Earlier I had a 60% drawdown and I tamed it down and because of that, "NFP day was a non-event".

I am pleased and will continue the testing, but I can imagine there will just be minor cosmetic upgrades at this point and if were lucky we may get SmartStep™.

ES

matrixebiz:
I guess I could or you could if you want but anyway here is another version with some more mods; Please test

MODS made to original CloseAll-PL EA;

Changed TP ($Profit) from being exact set dollar amount to sliding Percent of Margin

Changed values displayed on chart to be 2 decimal places

Added Slippage to close orders

Fixed an issue with Pending orders closing when 0 Margin

^^ Woops, just posted above you, same time ^^

This will be important yes matrixebiz.

My vision is an input that allows an IncStep. You can put 1..or 2...or whatever...This will form the following grids to get wider and wider and wider as the trade is waiting for TP.

But....

Option 2: Here is the special optional part for those traders that trade two different pairs...(matrixebiz, I think that you can implement this later as it may slow down part one of SmartStep™. It can add an EXTRA grid when the correlation gets out of whack. You can easily see when the correllation gets out of whack simply by looking at the lotsize progression. This assumes that the user uses an Inclot of 0.01.

You will need pop up screens for warnings to the user using the CorrellBalancer™ (option 2) As he needs to be using IncLot for this to work. So if he does not input that a pop up will appear.

so there are two grid ideas....one of them is doable...the other is advanced...

ES

matrixebiz:
If you think SmartStep™ will be the ultimate option in this EA I can take a look and add it Can you clarify how it is supposed to behave again. Thanks