Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 25

It should still work though and Yes, I'm using tradebalancer

Try this (Untested)

ok seems to work ok now...Thanks mb...maybe because I am viewing M5 charts has something to do with it also...but this last code you did works, even in M5!

Thanks again...I am trying 75...

ES

matrixebiz:
It should still work though and Yes, I'm using tradebalancer Try this (Untested)

mb,

Everything is working fine with your modified "close-all" EA.

But I wanted to ask you...do you know how to make the Waddah code more stable? In a fast move like this I do not get pending orders and the price jumps out of the grid and there is no effort to recover and start placing trades again. IBFX does not let the orders go through...is there a way to retry later when IBFX lets them go through? This just has to be fixed or it kills the EA.

Please excuse my boldness...it just seems like you are a good coder and you might have some ideas....

ES

hey mb...

Your "Close All pcntmargin EA" has really made it much easier to sleep. It is working like a charm!

I am using 75% and the market decides when I exit now...

mb Thanks again ok?

ES

ElectricSavant:
mb,

Everything is working fine with your modified "close-all" EA.

But I wanted to ask you...do you know how to make the Waddah code more stable? In a fast move like this I do not get pending orders and the price jumps out of the grid and there is no effort to recover and start placing trades again. IBFX does not let the orders go through...is there a way to retry later when IBFX lets them go through? This just has to be fixed or it kills the EA.

Please excuse my boldness...it just seems like you are a good coder and you might have some ideas....

ES

When you say the orders don't go through have you checked the Journal tab to see what its telling you? Do you see IBFX offering you re-quotes?

I find IBFX bad for that and that is because the EA is only set for a Slippage of 3. I'm using a modified TradeBalancer with a higher trade Slippage so when the market moves quick, I'm still likely to get my trade placed.

Do you have time to add slippage inputs to v1.2? (post 155)

ES

matrixebiz:
When you say the orders don't go through have you checked the Journal tab to see what its telling you? Do you see IBFX offering you re-quotes? I find IBFX bad for that and that is because the EA is only set for a Slippage of 3. I'm using a modified TradeBalancer with a higher trade Slippage so when the market moves quick, I'm still likely to get my trade placed.

ElectricSavant:
Do you have time to add slippage inputs to v1.2? (post 155) ES

Here you go;

Ty mb...I will load the win version when I get flat....

ES

matrixebiz:
Here you go;

I watch eleven EA's on Demo together with four live accounts across five 19" monitors and I must admit that the first platform I look at is this Waddah EA in between phone calls on my day job in my home office. To make 1% a day would freak me out...let alone 2.5 % a day....there is no way I can dial this down other than to increse the steps or increase the start capital from 1K to a higher amount...Increasing the steps together with the CloseAll-PLPcntMargin EAthat matrixbiz provided would be a seamless event and you can dial in your yield and DD...automatically with fine tuning of the steps.....

On one hand to be responsible, I post that this is a dangerous system not ready for live trading, unless your a gambler...and on the other hand, I love this EA, especially with these enhancments that the kind coders donated.

While I am waiting to get flat on this current trade set...I have seen no more than 8% DD with this step 7 grid formation and I have increased lots from 0.01 to 0.14 on both pairs...I have dipped into plus float several times, but I wait to exit with 75% of margin ($39.37).

A big thanks to dunhill and matrixebiz....

ES

P.S. NFP week is a great time to test EA's...also somebody told me that USD/JPY is a great pair to push the limits with.

Hi,

what account type r u using?

As i read before it is an IBFX mini account, (micro in fact), with 0.01 micro lots?

I'm using the last 2 versions posted on usdjpy(2 charts), with 7 step, 0.01 lot, 0.01 incr lot, 5 target, on a live IBFX mini account(micro), with 5,000 usd capital.

Running in the same account another EA, PipMaker.....

ElectricSavant:
I watch eleven EA's on Demo together with four live accounts across five 19" monitors and I must admit that the first platform I look at is this Waddah EA in between phone calls on my day job in my home office. To make 1% a day would freak me out...let alone 2.5 % a day....there is no way I can dial this down other than to increse the steps or increase the start capital from 1K to a higher amount...Increasing the steps together with the CloseAll-PLPcntMargin EAthat matrixbiz provided would be a seamless event and you can dial in your yield and DD...automatically with fine tuning of the steps.....

On one hand to be responsible, I post that this is a dangerous system not ready for live trading, unless your a gambler...and on the other hand, I love this EA, especially with these enhancments that the kind coders donated.

While I am waiting to get flat on this current trade set...I have seen no more than 8% DD with this step 7 grid formation and I have increased lots from 0.01 to 0.14 on both pairs...I have dipped into plus float several times, but I wait to exit with 75% of margin ($39.37).

A big thanks to dunhill and matrixebiz....

ES

P.S. NFP week is a great time to test EA's...also somebody told me that USD/JPY is a great pair to push the limits with.