Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 21

ElectricSavant:
read my small print....ITS ALL THERE

Ok, got it thanks. I can add a trade hour setting if you think this EA should be only traded between certain hours or sessions.

also, I'm going to combine Fade and Pyramid together so one value controls both. Better for testing I think and I don't think having different values is better because if Hedge decides to go more lots then changes direction then your screwed.

I do not find the "open architecture" confusing. The need to combine will only limit possibilities.

ES

matrixebiz:
Ok, got it thanks. I can add a trade hour setting if you think this EA should be only traded between certain hours or sessions. also, I'm going to combine Fade and Pyramid together so one value controls both. Better for testing I think and I don't think having different values is better because if Hedge decides to go more lots then changes direction then your screwed.

there are several ways to weight a hedge...you can alter the minprofit to stay in longer without increasing short term accelerations...later on we might want to add something that could be side independent...its too early to start limiting possibilities... we need 3 or 6 months at least to be creative...

DD=10% just now...and no TP's taking place....early on during the "build up" there were some TP's happening at the same time the DD was growing...

ES

EA Running from Yesterday

Settings 20/.1/10

Files:
gpd.jpg  181 kb

The trade hour could be used to make tighter steps as volatility is lower. But I think we need to first figure out a way to reset our grids...

My DD=12% with a 15 step and I only have been running for 1 day. TP's have slowed....

ES

matrixebiz:
Ok, got it thanks. I can add a trade hour setting if you think this EA should be only traded between certain hours or sessions. also, I'm going to combine Fade and Pyramid together so one value controls both. Better for testing I think and I don't think having different values is better because if Hedge decides to go more lots then changes direction then your screwed.

All these pending trades that build up, should we have them expire or delete them after a certain amount of time?

only a max of 4 pending trades build up....on each side....

I found out you can manually take them off if you wish and the EA will add them when the price gets close...

What would happen if you had the EA do it and the price was close and something happened and they did not get added?

ES

matrixebiz:
All these pending trades that build up, should we have them expire or delete them after a certain amount of time?

ElectricSavant:
only a max of 4 pending trades build up....on each side....

I found out you can manually take them off if you wish and the EA will add them when the price gets close...

What would happen if you had the EA do it and the price was close and something happened and they did not get added?

ES

Ok, I'll just leave them then.

Are you only testing this system with GBP/USD for now?

yes matrixebiz, I am just testing cable...and I need your help.

This is what is happening, The grid gets wider and the DD grows faster than the banked TP's.

I do not know if this acceleration will stop and if the EA will center in the grid and trade within it after this building of the borders...I am not sure that is the nature of this thing...it is very hard to visualize.

Any observations that you have or insights would be much appreciated

ES

P. S. I was thinking of running this on EUR/USD, USD/CHF with the fade side only. (I know you do not like weighting, but I could off center the minprofits thus TP'ing longer on one side if the DD built up too high or the gap of the total grid got too big

matrixebiz:
Ok, I'll just leave them then. Are you only testing this system with GBP/USD for now?

How do you folks feel about IncLot in a grid system?

ES