Blessing 2 - page 204

Many thanks to Engreric and Slack for the Excel work.

With regards to converting xlsx to xls here is a link to a Microsoft download that will convert/view an xlsx into an xls. Once installed just right click the xlsx file.

Download details: Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats

Here's a suggestion stemming from last week's scare on the EURUSD...

We add a new function "Close Last Level":

when set true, closes the last level and resets to false if market retraces beyond the previous level limits.

Modify the TP values to what they were in the previous state.

=========

Rationale:

last week the market was climbing. Some of us were short and panicking. Since I was a level 11, and over leveraged, I closed 11 when the market retraced and manually set the values back to what they were at level 10.

This reduced my exposure. It turned out that the market retraced to my break even amount and I made a profit.

What you think ?

solfx:
Many thanks to Engreric and Slack for the Excel work.

With regards to converting xlsx to xls here is a link to a Microsoft download that will convert/view an xlsx into an xls. Once installed just right click the xlsx file.

Download details: Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats

Thank you for that link. Great idea.

Slack, here is one with a GAF input in its raw form.

You can put your artistic touch if you have the time, to make it look pretty.

Thanks

George

seank:
Here's a suggestion stemming from last week's scare on the EURUSD...

We add a new function "Close Last Level":

when set true, closes the last level and resets to false if market retraces beyond the previous level limits.

Modify the TP values to what they were in the previous state.

=========

Rationale:

last week the market was climbing. Some of us were short and panicking. Since I was a level 11, and over leveraged, I closed 11 when the market retraced and manually set the values back to what they were at level 10.

This reduced my exposure. It turned out that the market retraced to my break even amount and I made a profit.

What you think ?

I think you did well and good idea to reduce the exposure once you hit big levels. I have backtested recent EUR movement, If I didn't close my trades on last NFP announcement I would have hit -70% of my equity but I'm running with float percent 100, but I don't know if I have acted chicken at that time.

ok my friends lets see what the nfp will bring to us and next week well be backkk

feline207:
ok my friends lets see what the nfp will bring to us and next week well be backkk

Both of my accounts were in positive float, so I shut them down last night.

Not trading eurusd, though - just usdjpy and eurgbp.

Rob

chicagorob, i also turned off eurusd and will restart it next week. are you happy with eurgbp and can you post some results ? thanks

Blessing 1 year forward testing

I started this IBFX demo micro-account on 22-Oct-08 with Blessing v3.3 with 4K USD (4 Majors on 4H chart with 0.01 lots, no MM)

I updated to Blessing 2 v5.0 on 13-April-09. A month later to v5.1 and I activated MM. with LAF = 0.4, portion = 4.

Graph shows from 11-Jun-09, is not complete because IBFX consolidates history from time to time.

I think the lowest free margin has been 7.000%, so it seems to be enough safe.

Thanks to the developers & contributors.

Files: